mford019 - where would you not go in the city of Cebu at night?

I think it just takes common sense, Mindanao is a large place. I saw where an American was killed in Baguio and that's nowhere near Mindanao. Please do not discourage others from going when the place is not bad provided you stay within your senses. There are parts of Cebu and Manila I would be caught in after dark too.

I have to ask... where in Cebu would you not go at night? I can't think of anywhere in the city or province that I would not go, at any time.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• musicman666

• D_D

• mpt1947

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I banned him because I was personally tired of his posts. For the most part, he simply posted shit, or statements to cause issues. I know in my mind, that he was simply being a smart ass today when he

How about one of them secret hilltop plantations?

Please advise me why Citizen Smith was banned?   There is a Barangay Alaska in Cebu, and apparently Citizen Smith thinks it is dangerous. Why is stating that fact a reason to be banned?   I usual

mahogany

How about walking through Junquera and the rest of Kamagayan after dark? :)

I can't think of anywhere in the city or province that I would not go, at any time.

How about one of them secret hilltop plantations? :)

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

Try Alaska........

what barangay is that near?

Try Alaska........

:troll:

Citizen Smith, you have been asking for us to :( for a long time. So, I will now, officially :).

Lee From Cebu

So far I would have to say Junqera is the place to stay away from at night . I took a tour on a Saturday night with a member of the forum and it is NOT safe although we made it out unharmed .

Back to the topic, now that Citizen Smith has left the building, I am not now, nor have I ever been, unwilling to walk through any area of the city, at any time of the day or night. Manila, that might be a different story.

There is an area near pier 1 that a taxi cab driver told me was a very unsafe place to be at night. He said if you stay in your vehicle during the day it is alright to drive through. At night it is not a good idea to even drive there. I do not remember the name of that area but driving through (daytime) it looked tough enough.

A_Simple_Man

I believe that the opener is correct. There are some areas that I would not walk around alone, at night, (when the local boys are drinking). One of these areas is the squatter's area close to the port area called Pier 1.

Paul is a tough man. I know he can handle himself in a fight. I have not seen him fight one of the local fraternity boys who are good with a knife or a stick but I know it would be too much for ME. . . so where it may be ok for Paul, I reiterate, there are some areas "I" would not walk around alone at night.

That being said, there is no logical reason for me to be there at night. No bars, no bar girls, no restaurants, nothing to justify going to that kind of place after dark.

Sorry, dragon, you were posting the same thing (above) while I was typing this. I guess its true that great minds think alike.

Edited by A_Simple_Man

Well, I personally feel safer here (anywhere on Cebu), than I did in a number of areas of my own home town in the US.

That, I can say without hesitation.

Savannah is a fun town. There are some nudie bars there with very wild dancers and some really tough looking dudes watching over them.

There really is a barangay in Cebu called Alaska, and one

taxi driver I was riding with was very hesitant to take me there

Am I missing something ?

Anyway, I have walked all over Cebu at all hours of the night and

never had a problem.

The only city in the world that has really made me afraid

was Washington D.C. at midnight.

easy44

Try Alaska........

Please advise me why Citizen Smith was banned?

There is a Barangay Alaska in Cebu, and apparently Citizen Smith thinks it is dangerous. Why is stating that fact a reason to be banned?

I usually don't agree with anything he posts, but in this case I fail to see the logic for banning him.

• Like 1
Mang Kanor

probably Alaska, Mambaling...

Tangke Talisay

Villagonazalo St.

Chinese Cemetery near whiite gold club

some area in pasil, cant remeber the name but its pasil