Breaking news - Tour bus held hostage

mahogany

And politicians not to be seen or heard, except for the DOT Secretary (a few hours ago) who explained that this incident will have no effect on tourism to the Philippines - the issue should not be "overblown"...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UZI

• NittanyLion

• SkyMan

• broden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bet the Koreans will not be so crazy about visiting the Philippines now.

It's NOT their fault. All countries must send the Philippines a few hundred million dollars to upgrade their equipment and training.   <sarcasm>

Is this still a misunderstanding? When does something go from a misunderstanding to a crime in 'filipino mentality'?

Posted Images

Well they had there chance to kill him earlier when he was at the door with the ar 16 even the TV camera got good picture of him what a bunch of idiots and they did not even ask a experience bus driver the trick to open a close door they all know wow!!!! idiots

Won't effect tourism ???, seem to remember years ago tourists getting killed in bus in Egypt certainly effected their tourism for a while.

This tragic on a few levels. My heart goes out to the families of the victims (and survivors, if any!).

On a lighter note, the peso is sure to rise a bit in the near future.

mahogany

Just check out the cowardly police (special forces I suspect) - cannot even enter that bus, and in the meanwhile some hostages may be waiting for first aid: drama or comedy?

• Admin (Retired)
broden

well if the news is indeed right

all those people killed

that's a damn shame and my thoughts go out to their families

any armed crazy that's probably gonna kill you anyway ever takes you hostage .. fight back .. you've got nothing to lose

funny my wife and i were talking about something along these lines some time ago .. don't remember what brought up the conversation but i do remember telling her if it was me in there as a hostage just tell the cops to open fire .. if they get me too oh well no hard feelings

Well finally some one told tyhem how to open a door easy !!!!wow

It is still playing out, broden.

The latest is that the SWAT managed to open an emergency exit door but they still haven't entered the bus yet. :P

USMC-Retired

Lets see International News!!!!!! People see the PNP abuse prisoners. Korean Killed shot PNP no clue. Bus Hostage and 15 dead. Bus Crash kills Iranian Nursing students. Then the natural disasters that goverment can not help their own people. No to long ago LCPL Smith wrongly convicted of crime and held prisoner. hmmmm Sounds like a huge mess.

These are International Stories.

SkyMan

If you're ever in a hostage situation, don't pin your hopes on the SWAT team rushing is as they can't even figure out how to open the door and it's been 20 minutes.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

It is still playing out, broden.

The latest is that the SWAT managed to open an emergency exit door but they still haven't entered the bus yet. :(

yeah was just watching a bit on ANC but my kid is begging to get back to his PBS shows.. he goes to school soon i'l flip back over then

USMC-Retired

You watch the ABS news and people are laughing. I find zero funny about this.

SkyMan

You watch the ABS news and people are laughing. I find zero funny about this.

Yeah, pretty disgusting to laugh at this, I think it was the female reporter too. Also sounds like the last automatic barrage hit a civilian bystander. After a 10 hour siege can you imagine any civilians in range in the US?

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i see they had someone on the phone saying a civilian was hit by a stray bullet

didn't see your post SkyMan

Edited by broden