Overstay fees when leaving the country?

Ummm... ok, i know about the terminal fee already.

And i also know, that having to go to Manila to report my overstay is completely incorrect.

However, what i don't know, is if i can pay my overstay at the airport or not?

My flight is tomorrow afternoon, and i will be two days overstay.

Will i pay 500 for overstay or 1000 for overstay? Can i pay at the airport, or do i have to go to the BOI?

if i have to go to the BOI do i JUST have to pay for overstay or am i FORCED to pay for the visa extension as well even though i am planning on leaving the country later that very same day?

You cannot pay at the airport.

You must pay for any extensions you missed plus the fines at the BOI office. It doesn't have to be in Manila, any BOI office that handles extensions can do it for you. You *might* be able to use an agent for the extension, but given your short time frame you should do it yourself.

If you show up at the airport without a valid visa/extension, they will not permit you to leave the country. I guess you could try to bribe your way through it, but I wouldn't count on that working.

If you don't like those answers, here is an alternative one that may be more like what you are hoping to hear....

Hey man, don't worry about that extension in your passport. The immigration laws are just like the traffic laws. They're really more guidelines than laws. Just flash some cash at the airport and you'll be just fine. Have a great flight.

The Mason is right.

You can't extend at the airport.

You will need to pay for a visa extension AND pay the fine/motion for reconsideration of 1,000p at the Mandaue BoI. Let me know when you arrived and I will tell you how much your visa extension will cost for 2 months - the cost varies from extension to extension. As you only want a couple of days, ask for a one month extension which will be about two thirds the cost of a 2 month extension.

If you have been here longer than 6 months you will need a 500p "exit clearance". If this is the case, take three 1"x1" photos to the BoI along with your passport. I also suggest you write a letter of apology/explanation for your overstay - it used to be mandatory but now seems to be less important.

Paul

I accidentally overstayed by one day, I should have departed on 31st August 2010 but my flight was 1st September 2010. I was sent through to the immigration office and was charged 3030php there was quite a long list of what the charges were for, but also included "Fast Track" !! I was told that was to process the fine there and then so I did not miss my flight.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ivantheterrible

• The Mason

• Moris

• Cary

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would just try your luck at the airport. Just make sure you queue to a male worker. I find they are more hospitable to male foreigners then women. Women always catch everything on my Visa here and p

Its beginning to sound like your pulling our chain.....or maybe your just not the sharpest tool in the shed. Either way, obviously you have little respect for the law of the land and cannot manage you

Not sure exactly how to respond to this, some of that is spot on, some of it not so much. I can however say, that i was, at no point, sitting at home saying to myself   " well, my visa expires toda

Ummm... ok, i know about the terminal fee already.

And i also know, that having to go to Manila to report my overstay is completely incorrect.

However, what i don't know, is if i can pay my overstay at the airport or not?

My flight is tomorrow afternoon, and i will be two days overstay.

Will i pay 500 for overstay or 1000 for overstay? Can i pay at the airport, or do i have to go to the BOI?

if i have to go to the BOI do i JUST have to pay for overstay or am i FORCED to pay for the visa extension as well even though i am planning on leaving the country later that very same day?

You cannot pay at the airport.

You must pay for any extensions you missed plus the fines at the BOI office. It doesn't have to be in Manila, any BOI office that handles extensions can do it for you. You *might* be able to use an agent for the extension, but given your short time frame you should do it yourself.

If you show up at the airport without a valid visa/extension, they will not permit you to leave the country. I guess you could try to bribe your way through it, but I wouldn't count on that working.

If you don't like those answers, here is an alternative one that may be more like what you are hoping to hear....

Hey man, don't worry about that extension in your passport. The immigration laws are just like the traffic laws. They're really more guidelines than laws. Just flash some cash at the airport and you'll be just fine. Have a great flight.

The Mason is right.

You can't extend at the airport.

You will need to pay for a visa extension AND pay the fine/motion for reconsideration of 1,000p at the Mandaue BoI. Let me know when you arrived and I will tell you how much your visa extension will cost for 2 months - the cost varies from extension to extension. As you only want a couple of days, ask for a one month extension which will be about two thirds the cost of a 2 month extension.

If you have been here longer than 6 months you will need a 500p "exit clearance". If this is the case, take three 1"x1" photos to the BoI along with your passport. I also suggest you write a letter of apology/explanation for your overstay - it used to be mandatory but now seems to be less important.

Paul

I accidentally overstayed by one day, I should have departed on 31st August 2010 but my flight was 1st September 2010. I was sent through to the immigration office and was charged 3030php there was quite a long list of what the charges were for, but also included "Fast Track" !! I was told that was to process the fine there and then so I did not miss my flight.

I have overstayed on 3 or 4 occasions with times varying from a couple of days to approx. 10 days, the last time being in Jan. 2010, each time I just get directed to a different booth and pay the fee, no questions asked, the last time I believe I paid php3,500.