Marble kitchen worktops

The boss (asawa) wanted black marble worktop on her new kitchen. One length fitted for the sink but now EVERY length our contractor gets for the other 2 sides has damage (scratches & chips) & at P10k per length too expensive to accept. He has tried every stockist from Naga to Mandaue and all have the same problem.

Anyone know of a stockist that has enough common sense to treat these worktops with care that would perhaps have undamaged stock?

Uzi.

A couple of years ago I got my marble from Buildit hardware in north Mandaue on the highway. Their stock is at a central warehouse. There's probably another Buildit closer to you.

Ozepete

Have you tried Citi hardware... Location: J. Rizal cor Paknaan Sts., Tabok Mandaue City. They have supplied much of our needs and replaced a damaged ss sink without question.

Have you tried Citi hardware... Location: J. Rizal cor Paknaan Sts., Tabok Mandaue City. They have supplied much of our needs and replaced a damaged ss sink without question.

Two batches have come from Citi. The problem is the racks they use. Metal frames that scratch the surface. No protection on the worktops or the racks to prevent damage.

BTW I guess the material is granite not marble.

Uzi

smokey

Two batches have come from Citi. The problem is the racks they use. Metal frames that scratch the surface. No protection on the worktops or the racks to prevent damage.

Uzi

we have that also and they sent a guy who buffed out the surface for us...??

Uzi

we have that also and they sent a guy who buffed out the surface for us...??

Who did? Citi Hardware?

Headshot

Uzi

If it is black, it is likely either marble or slate. They are a lot softer that granite and more suceptible to scratches. Generally, the granite doesn't scratch...it just breaks (because it is also more brittle).

Uzi

If it is black, it is likely either marble or slate. They are a lot softer that granite and more suceptible to scratches. Generally, the granite doesn't scratch...it just breaks (because it is also more brittle).

High gloss black with gold bits in it. It is very common in the Hardware outlets.

"Trouble making Foreigners -- always complaining.

What do they expect ??

Perfection."

"We are only human"

"We do our best"

"It wasent me"

Tut Tut UZI

Be more ARTistic... he he

Tom

My green marble didn't have any scratches. But we had to finish and round the front edge. For final buffing use a grinder with a buffing pad and some polishing compound (look in the automotive aisle).

Bought mine at Citi Hardware in Bulacao, Pardo. cebu City.