Customs files smuggling charges against car dealer

smokey

sure take the cars from the owners.... gee i wonder how many of these cars belong to elected offcials and their family

I would say.. 3/4.

sure take the cars from the owners.... gee i wonder how many of these cars belong to elected offcials and their family

digiteye

I would say.. 3/4.

In other countries the tax authority would surely investigate the buyers right away. I heard cases when they fined someone for big amounts, then the person paid the sum, the next week they came again to ask where did he get the money to pay the fine. :shitstormretarded:

Dam right they should take the cars from the owners now. I can say with little doubt, the ones who own and are driving these cars now, where totaly aware of the scam and are part of the illegal import practices themselves. Like the story also says, I'de love to see if they claimed these cars for their true values, when it came to pay taxes on them. I'll guess to say, they had some dummy reciepts, recieved from customs buddies, which where handed to DMV when calculation for taxes was done, and the value claimed is only a very small fraction of the true value....

Worst part for me is, those involved, are probably wealthy enough to do the right thing to begin with....But then again, they believe they are bigger and better than all others, so they are entitled to cheat, in their minds..

I've seen the roads in RP, where would one drive a Gallardo exactly?

Balintawak

:evan_iliadis::thats-funny::thumbs_up:

As it says, they paid way to low. waaaaaaaaaaaay down.

Confiscating the cars just means that they will pass from one unscrupulous person of wealth and power to another.

Edited by Mailman

Moving from one cousin to another?

Confiscating the cars just means that they will pass from one unscupulous person of wealth and power to another.

senseless

I cant believe they can honestly expect someone to pay 50-100% of a cars value IN TAX. Effectively doubling the cost of a car. P25M for taxes on a single car? They're fecking crazy.

Last time I had a box sent here with fedex. They also charged me tax on the cost of the fedex service to send the shipment. Meaning, I had to pay 12% of the 700$ fee it cost to ship the box; ontop of the taxes for the box itself.

All in all I think I paid something like 1000% (yes, one thousand) over the value of what was inside the box.

You go to the US and get a used BMW or Mecedez.. Cost 5000$. You ship it here they value it at 100,000$ since well, its a "nice car". Never mind the amount that you bought it for. Then they're gonna end up charging you 10-15,000$ in taxes on a 5000$ car. It's highway robbery.

Edited by senseless

I cant believe they can honestly expect someone to pay 50-100% of a cars value IN TAX. Effectively doubling the cost of a car. P25M for taxes on a single car? They're fecking crazy.

Last time I had a box sent here with fedex. They also charged me tax on the cost of the fedex service to send the shipment. Meaning, I had to pay 12% of the 700$ fee it cost to ship the box; ontop of the taxes for the box itself.

All in all I think I paid something like 1000% (yes, one thousand) over the value of what was inside the box.

I know; it's crazy.

I was thinking that it is done to prevent you from using a foreign owned/operated service. Let's say you shipped it by way of balikbayan box (almost 100% Pinoy-powered). Sure, it will take longer but the cost, customs hassle, and taxation is virtually nil in comparison.

Edited by Mailman
senseless

Let's say you shipped it by way of balikbayan box (almost 100% Pinoy-powered).

Maybe should take apart a car and ship it part by part via balikbayan; then reassemble it here. Like what Radar did from M.A.S.H

Balintawak

Thats the best way to do it. Taxes is less and one actually save on having it assembled here. not in balikbayan boxes, but in crates or LCL load.

smokey

Thats the best way to do it. Taxes is less and one actually save on having it assembled here. not in balikbayan boxes, but in crates or LCL load.

Unless you know someone way up there in LTOyour car will not be drivable..... One local person who imports many nice cars gets them registered for you in Mindanao... but you always face being found out some day and whoooop there goes the car... do you have a friend in mindanao to help with the paperwork on the car?

Edited by robert51
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

Let's say you shipped it by way of balikbayan box (almost 100% Pinoy-powered).

Maybe should take apart a car and ship it part by part via balikbayan; then reassemble it here. Like what Radar did from M.A.S.H

been looking for a pic from that episode forever .. for when these types of topics pop up