Sign in to follow this  
musicman666

foreigners who carry a gun here in the philippines ?

22 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your status?..just foreigners.

• I have a gun unregistered.
    • I have a gun under my wifes name.
    • I have a gun under my own name.
    • I do not have a gun.
    • Mind you own bloody business!
    • I have a bodygaurd with a gun.

musicman666

Ok as discussed in a recent thread ..a totally anonymous poll on this subject... gentlemen cast your votes...

Edited by musicman666

musicman666

anyone have a gun out there?

Willie

I'm not in RP now. When I was working there I did not feel the need to carry a gun, but my bodyguards did.

musicman666

I'm not in RP now. When I was working there I did not feel the need to carry a gun, but my bodyguards did.

ok i added that option.

Willie

ok i added that option.

Too late for me, I already voted "I do not have a gun." The body guard option may be good for others to select. BTW, when I return to RP, I will not own a gun. If I feel the need for one, I will find another country.

musicman666

ok i added that option.

Too late for me, I already voted "I do not have a gun." The body guard option may be good for others to select. BTW, when I return to RP, I will not own a gun. If I feel the need for one, I will find another country.

yeah ..i think its ok here without guns ..as long as you keep on the straight and narrow.. obviously if some guy mugs you with a gun you just hand it over ..but thats not going to be an everyday event.

Willie

ok i added that option.

yeah ..i think its ok here without guns ..as long as you keep on the straight and narrow.. obviously if some guy mugs you with a gun you just hand it over ..but thats not going to be an everyday event.

Except for working with high end digs in RP, I've traveled lowest end -- small shoulder bag, bus, cheapest hotels, market/street food -- for 35 years all through the developing world. Lived low end in Latin America, Peru and Mexico. Other than a couple of bar fights and minor brushes with law, never had a problem with theft of any kind. Maybe lucky, but more likely street wise. Grew up in the hood.

Edited by Willie

senseless

Wife is getting registered. Going to send the caretaker to "security guard school" so he can legally carry.

Cipro

I would if I could do it legally. Presently when I visit I do not.

DeezNuz

You may already know this, but a majority of the well-to-do in the Philippines conceal weapons for protection or have their bodyguards (some that double as drivers) carry concealed weapons.

For the people I personally know...approximately 20% of those do not carry and the 80% carry some form of concealed weapon for defense.

Ricky

No idea how to use a fire arm properly, so wouldn't bother unless I'd had training. Have fire arms provided at work, and don't know how to use those either... oh well.

tom_shor

No idea how to use a fire arm properly, so wouldn't bother unless I'd had training. Have fire arms provided at work, and don't know how to use those either... oh well.

Just like a computer. Point and click. :cooking:

Cary

Wish I was Dirty Harry. Then there would be no worriesbiggrin_01.gif

Cipro

In reality places that allow legal concealed carry don't have any firearm related trouble from permit holders. People who go to the effort to be legal tend to be law abiding by definition.