Sign in to follow this  
ronaldnn

How safe and secure do you feel?

ronaldnn

Am wondering after reading all the criminal stats and corrupt cops/officials on a one to ten scale with ten being the most secure and safe how do you feel in the PI?

After reading some of the bad happenings regarding theft, robbery, snatchers, and even getting thrown in the "Pokey" for a extortion attempt, or because someone got upset about a non significant issue, does any of this have you concerned or overly concerned?

I've been there several times and course not always felt it was a "safe haven", but at the same time enjoyed my time there but then again...would I really want to live there??

Ok, anyway can I have your thoughts, ratings on a one to ten regarding safety and security in the PI?

SkyMan

No worries mate!

How do you feel in So Cal? Nothing bad happens there, right?

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1

Pedro

I feel very safe here.

Ok I don't live in the City.

So I would give a 9 on the scale.

JamesMusslewhite

"And yea though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil;

for I am the meanest Son-of-a-bitch in the valley." Joel Rosenberg

• Like 1

Willie

clint-eastwood.JPG

JamesMusslewhite

clint-eastwood.JPG

:thats-funny:

JohnFromTexas

I'd say 8... I've never really felt unsafe while in Cebu, although I always keep in mind that things can change.

smokey

No worries mate!

how do you compare California to cebu oh because they both start with a C.... ?? Sorry .... the most important safty factor is when you dial 911 someone shows up at your house well here that is a dream unless your the mayor or someone with a special phone number to call... no i am kidding you will be very safe here just dont drink, loan money , wander the streets at night , dont use hookers , dont dress nice , dont wear jewlery , dont ride jeepneys , dont yell ,scream, or insult anyone with brown skin and or dark hair and you will be snug as a bug in a rug... Now if you plan on breaking any of these rules get your wife to get a carry permit and pack a 45 and a few spare clips

Edited by robert51

Pedro

No worries mate!

how do you compare California to cebu oh because they both start with a C.... ?? Sorry .... the most important safty factor is when you dial 911 someone shows up at your house well here that is a dream unless your the mayor or someone with a special phone number to call... no i am kidding you will be very safe here just dont drink, loan money , wander the streets at night , dont use hookers , dont dress nice , dont wear jewlery , dont ride jeepneys , dont yell ,scream, or insult anyone with brown skin and or dark hair and you will be snug as a bug in a rug... Now if you plan on breaking any of these rules get your wife to get a carry permit and pack a 45 and a few spare clips

Never in trouble in Balamban, and I drink at any shop on the Street with the locals, loan Money, walk drunken like hell in the night with jewlery, ride jeepneys, yell and scream sometimes and much more things. Always save.

And of course no need of a 45.

EAGLE

My UK home is in a small Town about 30,000 inhabitants surrounded by countryside in Worcestershire.

A woman was raped in the underpass 150 Mtrs. from our home. ( by a Solicitor/Lawyer) There is only the house next door (where my wife works) between here and the underpass.

A man was kicked to death by a gang 1kl. from here near the Town center which has 27 Police CCTV cameras....

Yet I do feel safe here.

I feel a whole lot safer in PI Cities where approaching trouble is obvious and easily avoided. IME

My PI home is "Shangra La" (nirvan) to me and safety is never an issue. Touch wood.

Two of the houses between ours and the Road are occupied by PNP Officers armed with items provided by me.

There are NO firearms in our home in PI.

So for me PI is safer and I would guess it is the same for most "considerate and friendly", to the Pinoy locals, foreigners who live in PI. IMHO

EAGLE Tom

Edited by EAGLE
  • Like 1

smokey

No worries mate!

Never in trouble in Balamban, and I drink at any shop on the Street with the locals, loan Money, walk drunken like hell in the night with jewlery, ride jeepneys, yell and scream sometimes and much more things. Always save.

And of course no need of a 45.

yes you are on the real wild island .... so if you do need to call the police what do you do scream loud or send a trike to go pick them up?

Edited by robert51

broden

i think most peoples feelings of safety and security depends at least as much on who(how) they are as where they are

Baldy

I'm so safe that we allways have my golden eagle in my wifes bag. AND i'm carrying it!

JohnFromTexas

Riding jeepneys is no problem robert as long as you keep your wallet somewhere it's not easily lifted :biggrin_01: keep your asawa or girlfriend on your wallet side and keep your hand over it when she's not there. otherwise what's the problem other than being crowded and possibly hot. As for drinking that depends on where and how you do it. I do agree with you that being out drinking late in public where there are lots of locals leaves you open to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm not a night life person and i dress down in public and don't take my wallet with me anywhere I don't need it - usually I keep my wear shorts that have side pockes with velcro covers, so don't have to worry about getting pickpocketed.

SkyMan

No worries mate!

I picked SoCal because the OP listed that as where he lives. I'm sure you can pick up an LA Times and read all sorts of nasty stuff going on there. The gangs there are more organized and violent. You listed a lot of things not to do here and there's a similar list there.

Ipresonally feel much safer here in Cebu than Manila but then someone from Manila will come on and say it's not so bad there. The thing is you have to live somewhere to know what it's like and you can't just read about it.