Wedding Costs ??

How much would (did) you spend on your wedding ?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How much would (did) you spend on your wedding ?

Lee From Cebu

To be honest I have not thought to much about it but 3000 is a very small amount for a western wedding .

I went to a wedding last weekend here and it was over 3000 just to rent the venue :biggrin_01:

I think when and if I get married there it would be a small event around the 1500 mark .

I don,t need to prove to the family that I can afford the fancy bash just that I can look after there daughter .

The honeymoon will be where I spend large so that we (myself and my sweety) can enjoy my hard earned money.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RokNRich

• EAGLE

• broden

• Jess Bartone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A young boy was knocked down by a motorcyclist in the Wicklow Gap in Ireland. The Yamaha sped away. A motorist saw the boy at the side of the road and stopping asked the boy if he needed a Dr.? "N

When you say, "... comes from a good family," does that mean she comes from a family with money? Or, does she come from middle or lower income family? I know many "good" families here that are poor as

Obviously the thin mountain air has gotten to you while cresting the high mountain pass. Come back down to reality. Not all of us have the privilege or sponsors to be a race car driver. Lucky you.

Posted Images

Dont worry about it beeing "the start of more".

You can always say no to "more".

Just say you spent all your money on the wedding and now you dont have any more if you need a reason for your "no".

But really you'll have to say "no" anyway.

Btw, the Filipino way of saying "no" is: "later" or "I don't know". They will understand it.

I spent around 200,000 for my wedding.

Gowns, rings, reception, invitations, souvenirs, gifts for the ninongs and ninangs, church, bridal car, video and photo, cake, and many more :toilet:

Although it was all worth it. :biggrin_01:

Your talking about skimping on your Wife's dream ?

The dream she's had since she was a little girl ??

I thought you loved her ?

And by skimping, your talking about 3,000 USD, which you would piss away back home anyway ??

Then worried this might be the start of more ?

Who is taking advantage of who ???

Obviously the thin mountain air has gotten to you while cresting the high mountain pass. Come back down to reality. Not all of us have the privilege or sponsors to be a race car driver. Lucky you. Our dreams are a bit more down to earth. $3000 versus $1000.....humm....still married, still had a nice wedding and a new fridge and a big screen Tv......and a microwave humm......thats a hard decision.......$3000 will not make that honeymoon any sweeter. Common folks think a bit different......I did drive a car around the track in Indy at about 150 mph, does that count for anything?

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

i don't think it's so much about the cost of the wedding but rather two people who need to be on the same page

how old are you ?? if its a big age difference i would say .... get ready for the adventure of your life and make sure your seat belt is securely tightened

LOL, cant u give them at least a couple of years befor the seatbelt goes on??

Jess Bartone

We got a package deal at a hotel - in the province of course - 41 thou all inclusive plus I got an extra 40 kg lechon (which the hotel staff pigged out on) for 5 thou, total 46 thou for 100 people and a very nice wedding it was.

post-5642-128204909112_thumb.jpg

And by skimping, your talking about 3,000 USD, which you would piss away back home anyway ??

Obviously the thin mountain air has gotten to you while cresting the high mountain pass. Come back down to reality. Not all of us have the privilege or sponsors to be a race car driver. Lucky you. Our dreams are a bit more down to earth. $3000 versus $1000.....humm....still married, still had a nice wedding and a new fridge and a big screen Tv......and a microwave humm......thats a hard decision.......$3000 will not make that honeymoon any sweeter. Common folks think a bit different......I did drive a car around the track in Indy at about 150 mph, does that count for anything?

Thats a silly response ?? Im guessing your drunk, otherwise you wouldnt have attacked me personally, when I give my opinion.

What makes you think im a racing driver ?? :)

If I could afford 100 dollars for a wedding, i would spend it. If I could afford 10,000 dollars, I would spend that.

If he can afford 3,000 dollars, in my opinion, he should spend that ! For him, for his wife, and for his/her family !

A microwave/tv etc etc. WTF ???? I think your missing the point. This isnt a business deal. Getting married to a woman, isnt like bargainning for a used vehicle. Its a wedding, supposed to be once in a life time celabration. Although costs should always be saved when possible, theres a time to be mean, and a time not to.

Maybe this is a culture clash of a different kind. I dont say this in a nasty way, but it seems that many americans dont agree with me on this. Maybe its because I am an Irish catholic, and I believe weddings to be worth more than a used car.

softail

I wonder what Dr Phil would say about all this? :)

Doug and Sally

Well, traditionally speaking if your wife is not the first to marry then you may need to consider Nilakaran as an additional expense. This could be a red flag for future spending like your friend points out but only you can answer that. If "good family" means $$$ and they want a true Engrandeng Kasal, then they can contribute as well. Also remember the traditional Pamahiin or Tinohoan "stuffing ceremony". thumbs_up.gif

T

Anyone care to translate this one ? LOL.

Also, she's 23, I'm 42.....cheers.gif

Here it is kiddo,

Nilakaran

Thats a silly response ?? Im guessing your drunk, otherwise you wouldnt have attacked me personally, when I give my opinion.

What makes you think im a racing driver ?? :)

If I could afford 100 dollars for a wedding, i would spend it. If I could afford 10,000 dollars, I would spend that.

If he can afford 3,000 dollars, in my opinion, he should spend that ! For him, for his wife, and for his/her family !

A microwave/tv etc etc. WTF ???? I think your missing the point. This isnt a business deal. Getting married to a woman, isnt like bargainning for a used vehicle. Its a wedding, supposed to be once in a life time celabration. Although costs should always be saved when possible, theres a time to be mean, and a time not to.

Maybe this is a culture clash of a different kind. I dont say this in a nasty way, but it seems that many americans dont agree with me on this. Maybe its because I am an Irish catholic, and I believe weddings to be worth more than a used car.

"your drunk" :)

I do wish you had not put that in !

Reminds me of my X after I got "through" 1/2 glass of wine. He he he

EAGLE Tom

EAGLE Tom

How big was that glass?

full-bottle-wine-glass-1.jpg

EAGLE Tom

How big was that glass?

:)

i don't think it's so much about the cost of the wedding but rather two people who need to be on the same page

I'd have to agree with this statement.

Though $3k wedding doesn't sound like a lot of money at first, but realize I just spent close to $4K on the initial visit/meeting. So just for the wedding she started with a budget of around $4k. That doesn't include my flight, the honeymoon, rings, or the other costs associated with the 3 week trip I'm planning to marry her. I will be digging into my long term savings to fund this one, I do think she's worth it, but I only have some much cash sitting around. There is also the upcoming visa fee's and costs associated with her getting to the US (flight), so maybe I'm suffering a little bit of sticker shock, lol.

Her parents/family are nice folks (3 out of 4 kids in college or graduated) but not "rich" by any means. We have discussed "helping them" in the future and agreed that she will handle that on her own. I expect her to contribute a part of her future salary towards household expenses/living costs and what she does with the rest (blow it on clothes/jewellry.or help her family) is up to her. Same page on this one I think.

I do appreciate all the comments made in this thread, very interesting to see all the points of view........IF money wasn't an issue (and when isn't it), I would splash out for the wedding, alas, I'm just another salary slave paying a mortgage and child support to my first ex, lol.

"your drunk" :cooking:

EAGLE Tom

How big was that glass?

Yi yi Yi Yi ANOTHER Belly laugh 2day.. Great posts to get me giggling..

Thanks,

Tom

ps BACK "On topic" -- 4 wedding guests... He he... An Auzzie Barossa Valley invention called the "Shiraz Sling" he hehe

post-7269-128206645911_thumb.jpg

Edited by EAGLE