Choosing A Concealed Carry Gun For Senior Citizens

Well I'm not quite a senior citizen or a Philippine citizen yet for that matter, but I'm working on both.

I've been legally licensed to carry concealed from the summer of '91 until May 22, 2010. My concealed carry weapon was a Colt Detective Special which is a snub nose 38 special.

Although I am working on getting my Philippine citizenship, which is my birth right, I have no intention of giving up my US citizenship. Duel citizenship is honored both here and in the US.

Shabu, a mehamphetamine, can be very benificial when used properly. It will raise you attention span and energy, cause euphoria and decreased fatigue. It will decrease your appetite, great for losing weight! My favorite, it increases your sexuality.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• musicman666

• Willie

• broden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look friend, why pick a fight over this? I'm not into food fighting on this forum. What more could I have done in my OP (I can already see your reply...). I posted a cautionary note. But I know this i

senior citizens... ie old people who are filippinos! this is in the tourist and visitor information forum!

such a weird subject... you may as well debate the pros and cons of scoring shabu? i think foreigners do that to.

s for the operating i don't follow you, the PP/K is semiauto and when it comes to the big calibers it schould have a trigger of 1,6Kg.

Since the Walther PP line is straight blowback operation, it has no breech locking mechanism to delay the slide opening. Instead it relies on the mass of the slide and stiffness of the slide spring to slow or delay the operation of the slide. This results in a gun that is harder to charge than strictly necessary for the power of the caliber, as well as additional mass to carry around. A lot of women and older people suffer from weak hands and find a small slide with stiff springs hard to actuate.

A revolver has no such issues, and it's easy to load, verify for loaded, check for clear, and such things. Probably better for someone not expert in handgun handling. I assume we're talking non-expert because they asked for advice.

Don't get me wrong, the PP/K is a beautiful gun and it's borderline on gun-smithing art, metal sculpture, etc., but for practical carry I'd get something more modern and probably with more polymer in the frame.

• Like 1
the.lone.gunman

Glock 17, 9mm. Holds 17 rounds in the mag. Use 147 grain hollow points. Dirt simple and tough as nails. Little or no cleaning, lubrication, or maintenance required. Will always go bang when you pull the trigger. Light gun to carry. If you can handle recoil, get a Glock 22 in 40 cal. Same size but more power. Practice at 10 yards, aim center mass.

If you can handle recoil, get a Glock 22 in 40 cal. Same size but more power. Practice at 10 yards, aim center mass.

One of my favorite carry pieces is a G32, but I wouldn't recommend that to an elderly person or woman, again the slide can be stiff (although less so in the 9mm) and in addition the grips are big and the gun itself is pretty big. Indeed, a G17 or G22 is a full sized service pistol and not terribly easy to conceal inside light tropical clothing.

Both are excellent pistols though.

the tiny charter arms 38.... wadcutters :not_see:

My choice -- compact, reliable and affordable. If 5 shots won't work at close range, it's time to run. :wink:

***Be aware you are likely to be in violation of RP laws***

Untrue, I think: Citizens can carry a concealed weapon -- or at least used to be able to -- at discretion of police. Many on this forum are citizens.

senior citizens... ie old people who are filippinos! this is in the tourist and visitor information forum!

No, I am referring to the many here who have obtained citizenship. Beyond them, there are many, many gun enthusiasts on this forum.

really.. i didnt realise that many guys on the forum had given up their birth rights and become filipino... also i cant see what being enthusiastic about guns has got do do with this post... if you cant have em then whats the point?

Look friend, why pick a fight over this? I'm not into food fighting on this forum. What more could I have done in my OP (I can already see your reply...). I posted a cautionary note. But I know this is a popular topic based on the number of replies made when I posted similar articles before. While I would never carry a firearm there, many do, and beyond that, many more like to read and comment on the topic. Please move on. Thanks

such a weird subject... you may as well debate the pros and cons of scoring shabu? i think foreigners do that to.

Any chance you guys would consider a "farting" contest...my ex wife might be available as a judge...(from what i remember, the last few years of our "blissful" marriage she had her head up her azz anyway so she should qualify) evan_iliadis.gifshitstormretarded.gif

Edited by ronaldnn
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

my wife is just a year and a half younger than i am

she might be interested in this when we retire

NittanyLion

I don't think that it's true that a foreignor cannot own a firearm in the Philippines.

I talked with a German guy who has lived here for 20 years. He used to own a gun here, but he said the government now charges a lot of money to own the gun (how much?) . So, he doesn't own the pistol anymore.

Concealed weapon? I don't know the rules on that.

the.lone.gunman
If you can handle recoil, get a Glock 22 in 40 cal. Same size but more power. Practice at 10 yards, aim center mass.

One of my favorite carry pieces is a G32, but I wouldn't recommend that to an elderly person or woman, again the slide can be stiff (although less so in the 9mm) and in addition the grips are big and the gun itself is pretty big. Indeed, a G17 or G22 is a full sized service pistol and not terribly easy to conceal inside light tropical clothing.

Both are excellent pistols though.

Full size yes, but only 8 inches long and 1 1/4 inches thick. No external safeties or slide stops to snag on clothing when drawing it. Fits easily in waistband, paddle holster, fanny pack, or purse. Weighs only 32 oz. fully loaded with 17 rounds.

Full size yes, but only 8 inches long and 1 1/4 inches thick. No external safeties or slide stops to snag on clothing when drawing it. Fits easily in waistband, paddle holster, fanny pack, or purse. Weighs only 32 oz. fully loaded with 17 rounds.

Yes, about double or so the size and weight of the other options given. Again, a fine service pistol and the compact version in 357 SIG (G32) is one of my favorite carry pieces but I'd never recommend it to a frail or non-expert person, nor would I recommend it for concealment on a small person in the tropics.

A lot depends on the specifics of who it is and how they plan to carry, but assuming an elderly person in the tropics who is not very familiar with pistols, I'd probably recommend a P-32 or the LCR if I had to go with a specific model recommendation. The LCR revolver , or Charter arms, or similar, is easier to deal with.

Well I'm not quite a senior citizen or a Philippine citizen yet for that matter, but I'm working on both.

I've been legally licensed to carry concealed from the summer of '91 until May 22, 2010. My concealed carry weapon was a Colt Detective Special which is a snub nose 38 special.

Although I am working on getting my Philippine citizenship, which is my birth right, I have no intention of giving up my US citizenship. Duel citizenship is honored both here and in the US.

Shabu, a mehamphetamine, can be very benificial when used properly. It will raise you attention span and energy, cause euphoria and decreased fatigue. It will decrease your appetite, great for losing weight! My favorite, it increases your sexuality.

Actually the Shabu comment is not true, it only makes you think that. :not_see:

T

• Like 1

Actually the Shabu comment is not true, it only makes you think that. :not_see:

It does seem to be great for losing weight, and teeth. Maybe it's really healthy, after all we just had a thread on how even a little extra weight can kill you.

On topic, the best carry gun is the one you have on you when you need it.

• Like 2

I don't think that it's true that a foreignor cannot own a firearm in the Philippines.

I talked with a German guy who has lived here for 20 years. He used to own a gun here, but he said the government now charges a lot of money to own the gun (how much?) . So, he doesn't own the pistol anymore.

If you have a PTC (Permit to Carry Firearm Outside of the Residence) it must be concealed.

Its printed at the back of the PTC card:

"The firearm must not be displayed or exposed to public view."

And yes, foreigner can own a firearm and get a PTC in the Philippines if you really need it.

Harry

I don't think that it's true that a foreigner cannot own a firearm in the Philippines.

Yes, a foreigner can possess a firearm, but so can a convicted felon. However, it will still be illegal. Now you can have your (Filipino) wife buy a firearm registered in her name and keep it in the house. This is legal. I have a friend here that did just that. Last week he decided to shoot at a snake, 21 times, granted we live in the province, however someone called the Police. Needless to say, his beautiful Stainless Colt 45 is now in the possession of the Police. They informed him that the gun and its paperwork was legal but registered in his wife's name. She and only she can retrieve the gun......and she is working in the Unites States, and not real happy with hubby over this matter. He did have to go have a talk with the Police Chief.....apoligize to the neighbors and have a talk with the Barangay Captain. Lucky under the circumstances......it could have been a lot worse. But back to original post. For a light weight, effective, easily concealed weapon......I would go with my Llama 380......sweet. :not_see: