Sign in to follow this  
Willie

Choosing A Concealed Carry Gun For Senior Citizens

Cipro

Rugers new LCR would be an excellent choice I'd think.

Alan S

***Be aware you are likely to be in violation of RP laws***

Willie

Untrue, I think: Citizens can carry a concealed weapon -- or at least used to be able to -- at discretion of police, called the Permit To Carry Firearm Outside Residence (PTCFOR). Many on this forum are citizens.

Edited by Willie

DeezNuz

You know whats worse...sometimes I get so busy and forget I have it and walk right into a mall or bank. Metal detectors don't do crap, nor do the security guards every frisk me that low. Happened a few times in the past...but am now remembering to leave it in the car.

Makes you wonder why they have security guards.

Edited by BigRob

musicman666

Untrue, I think: Citizens can carry a concealed weapon -- or at least used to be able to -- at discretion of police. Many on this forum are citizens.

senior citizens... ie old people who are filippinos! this is in the tourist and visitor information forum!

• Like 1

Willie

Untrue, I think: Citizens can carry a concealed weapon -- or at least used to be able to -- at discretion of police. Many on this forum are citizens.

senior citizens... ie old people who are filippinos! this is in the tourist and visitor information forum!

No, I am referring to the many here who have obtained citizenship. Beyond them, there are many, many gun enthusiasts on this forum.

musicman666

No, I am referring to the many here who have obtained citizenship. Beyond them, there are many, many gun enthusiasts on this forum.

really.. i didnt realise that many guys on the forum had given up their birth rights and become filipino... also i cant see what being enthusiastic about guns has got do do with this post... if you cant have em then whats the point?

Willie

really.. i didnt realise that many guys on the forum had given up their birth rights and become filipino... also i cant see what being enthusiastic about guns has got do do with this post... if you cant have em then whats the point?

Look friend, why pick a fight over this? I'm not into food fighting on this forum. What more could I have done in my OP (I can already see your reply...). I posted a cautionary note. But I know this is a popular topic based on the number of replies made when I posted similar articles before. While I would never carry a firearm there, many do, and beyond that, many more like to read and comment on the topic. Please move on. Thanks

• Like 3

musicman666

Look friend, why pick a fight over this? I'm not into food fighting on this forum. What more could I have done in my OP (I can already see your reply...). I posted a cautionary note. But I know this is a popular topic based on the number of replies made when I posted similar articles before. While I would never carry a firearm there, many do, and beyond that, many more like to read and comment on the topic. Please move on. Thanks

such a weird subject... you may as well debate the pros and cons of scoring shabu? i think foreigners do that to.

Edited by musicman666

Cipro

Some people just have an odd fear/aversion reaction to certain types of objects.

musicman666

Some people just have an odd fear/aversion reaction to certain types of objects.

yeah.. just bugs me .. the law says no but still everyone wants to ignore it ..and the attitude is the same as buying a fishing rod or something.... like what calibre is best for taking some guy out at point blank but can fit in my handbag...pleeeze.

Baldy

yeah.. just bugs me .. the law says no but still everyone wants to ignore it ..and the attitude is the same as buying a fishing rod or something.... like what calibre is best for taking some guy out at point blank but can fit in my handbag...pleeeze.

So you are the one to decide what people can discuss on this forums? And you don't realize that people have interests that goes beyond the ones you have?

Please respond to other peoples interests in a more adult way, or even better, don't post.

To the topic.

I would choose a walter PP or better the PPK. Its small, light and powerful. matter of fact it is designed for consealment. Its made for the German police.

Edited by Baldy

Cipro
I would choose a walter PP or better the PPK. Its small, light and powerful. matter of fact it is designed for consealment. Its made for the German police.

The PPK was a fine gun when it was designed but it's pretty big for the punch it packs, being that it's a blowback design. Something like a P-32 or PF-9 (or the LCR) will be more compact for the same/similar pop and probably less likely to suffer corrosion in the tropics.

As a bonus, a revolver is generally easier to operate by someone with hand strength issues.

Ruger_LCR_05.jpg

Baldy

Yeh thats is a compact gun.

As for the operating i don't follow you, the PP/K is semiauto and when it comes to the big calibers it schould have a trigger of 1,6Kg.