Gov't cuts infrastructure spending

The Aquino administration has decided to cut back on public spending to contain the budget deficit within the ceiling amid a rising debt stock that would hit the P5-trillion mark next year. (See related story). Latest data (as of August 6) from the Development Budget Coordinating Committee (DBCC) showed that the national government

• Admin (Retired)
broden

boy i hope the roads don't get bad or anything

Gotta save that money to fix all the damages from the next major disaster compounded by poor infrastructure. :oldtimer:

The roads here are already bad and need fixing. This will only make it worse. If Aquino wanted to help the RP long term, one of the things he should concentrate on is the infrastructure.

USMC-Retired

I thought there was another news article saying he was going to spend more on this. Now he says less. Ok so which is it??

The honest answer right now is no one knows. Aquino did say earlier that he wanted the private sector to help out with infrastructure projects. I am guessing that so far no one has taken him up on that so he will start cutting government spending. I think this is the wrong approach. As we know with a decent infrastructure, you get things done. If Aquino wants to cut anything, why not cut all big government officials' allowance of cars for example. Say, everyone except the president and vp gets 1 car, 1 house, etc. That wont reduce the deficit alot but its a start.

I thought there was another news article saying he was going to spend more on this. Now he says less. Ok so which is it??

• 3 weeks later...
sandwindstars

The roads here are already bad and need fixing. This will only make it worse. If Aquino wanted to help the RP long term, one of the things he should concentrate on is the infrastructure.

Right on. What he needs to do is address the corruption in the Dept of Public Works and other areas, like pork, improve tax collection from ALL businesses and individuals. But a pol need balls to do that.