Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Appoinments now needed for affidavit in lieu

shadow

Marriage in the Philippines for U.S. Citizens

The Philippine Government requires all foreigners to provide a "Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage" from his/her embassy before filing for a marriage license. Below are the instructions for applying for the U.S. Embassy's version of that document.

Starting August 1st, obtaining a Legal Capacity to Marry in Embassy Manila will be by appointment only. Please read the rules and regulations below before booking your appointment.

Consular Agency, Cebu: Monday through Friday 9:00am

• Like 1

SkyMan

Thanks for posting the latest and greatest but I have to say this is such a farse. The affidavit in Lieu of LCM:

"This certification affirms that there are no legal impediments to the foreigner marrying a Filipino (i.e, that the foreigner is already married to someone else)."

It in no way confirms anything except that the applicant has sworn that he is not married and legally able to marry. That's it. Perhaps you've been married a dozen times, just go in there and tell them you're single and were never married and they have no way to prove otherwise. And to be honest, just telling them that will save hassles down the road, IE the CFO nazi nuns. The document isn't worth the paper it's printed on but costs $50.

Aaron

"Perhaps you've been married a dozen times, just go in there and tell them you're single and were never married and they have no way to prove otherwise. And to be honest, just telling them that will save hassles down the road, IE the CFO nazi nuns."

You seem to be saying that it is better to not mention that you have been divorced and show them the proof thereof. I don't understand why it will be easier.

And who are the CFO nazi nuns?

Paul

"Perhaps you've been married a dozen times, just go in there and tell them you're single and were never married and they have no way to prove otherwise. And to be honest, just telling them that will save hassles down the road, IE the CFO nazi nuns."

You seem to be saying that it is better to not mention that you have been divorced and show them the proof thereof. I don't understand why it will be easier.

And who are the CFO nazi nuns?

If you have been married before, but have had that marriage dissolved, you will have to show proof of said dissolution (divorce papers). If you have not been married before, there are no divorce papers to have to show.

Until sometime in 2004 or 2005, the CFO would give the seminars. After that time, they began letting local nuns run the seminars. I recall one nun whom we had to deal with (my former wife and I used to help others marry here, through a business) that I simply wanted to choke the living shit out of, because she always made things so difficult for the girls attending the seminars. That is the reason for him calling them "nazi nuns".

broden

i'm glad i don't have to deal with this stuff any more

Aaron

If you have been married before, but have had that marriage dissolved, you will have to show proof of said dissolution (divorce papers). If you have not been married before, there are no divorce papers to have to show.

Until sometime in 2004 or 2005, the CFO would give the seminars. After that time, they began letting local nuns run the seminars. I recall one nun whom we had to deal with (my former wife and I used to help others marry here, through a business) that I simply wanted to choke the living shit out of, because she always made things so difficult for the girls attending the seminars. That is the reason for him calling them "nazi nuns".

Thanks for explaining the second part. The first part I already knew. My point about it was that he was saying to NOT reveal this info -and I am asking why he is saying this.

Edited by Admin
Fixed quotes - Paul

Paul
Thanks for explaining the second part. The first part I already knew. My point about it was that he was saying to NOT reveal this info -and I am asking why he is saying this.

I know. And I was trying to get the topic back in a legal tone, because it is illegal for you to not show your appropriate documents if you have been divorced in the US.

Years ago, hell, probably even until today, guys come over here who are still married in the US (and possibly other countries too), and marry a Filipina. I have known a number of American guys over the years, who chose to remain in the Philippines for the rest of their lives, who did that same thing. I don't know where they may be now, but I would not wish to be in their shoes if they ever went back to the US for any reason.

Mailman

My point about it was that he was saying to NOT reveal this info -and I am asking why he is saying this.

Laziness? Don't want to bother with tracking down official copies of past dissolutions of marriage(s)?