CFO Sticker for Filipina to go abroad

Interesting post,i can to some degree understand a CFO for Fiancee/Spouse Visas for those filipinas relocating to another country.

But,for a filipina who married a foreigner in the Philippines,and both living permanently in the Philippines,for her to need a CFO on her passport to go on vacation as a tourist to another country with her husband,is total bullsh*t in my opinion.

There is no requirement for the spouse or fiance of an alien to attend the CFO in order to leave on a tourist visa. However, there is such a requirement for one to obtain a passport.

Larry in Dumaguete

www.fil2usavisa.com

Are you sure its required to OBTAIN the passport. My Ex-Fiancee got her passport with no CFO sticker. We did all the other stuff first, passport, NBI, CFO, NSO birth certificate all before she went to the CFO, that was the last thing she did before she came here. All in 2009...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• Venus

• Headshot

• til

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife did the seminar a few years back. The advice she got from a friend and it worked is 'only speak English' during the seminar. She denied speaking fluent Bisaya or Tagalog and insisted they spea

Interesting post,i can to some degree understand a CFO for Fiancee/Spouse Visas for those filipinas relocating to another country. But,for a filipina who married a foreigner in the Philippines,and bo

There is no requirement for the spouse or fiance of an alien to attend the CFO in order to leave on a tourist visa. However, there is such a requirement for one to obtain a passport.   Larry in Duma

Posted Images

shadow

Interesting post,i can to some degree understand a CFO for Fiancee/Spouse Visas for those filipinas relocating to another country.

But,for a filipina who married a foreigner in the Philippines,and both living permanently in the Philippines,for her to need a CFO on her passport to go on vacation as a tourist to another country with her husband,is total bullsh*t in my opinion.

There is no requirement for the spouse or fiance of an alien to attend the CFO in order to leave on a tourist visa. However, there is such a requirement for one to obtain a passport.

Larry in Dumaguete

www.fil2usavisa.com

Are you sure its required to OBTAIN the passport. My Ex-Fiancee got her passport with no CFO sticker. We did all the other stuff first, passport, NBI, CFO, NSO birth certificate all before she went to the CFO, that was the last thing she did before she came here. All in 2009...

It is a requirement for fiances and spouses of foreign nationals to attend the CFO seminar in order to apply for a passport. However, this is often overlooked and worked around. For instance, it is usually not asked for when one applies for a passport at one of the outreach programs offered by DFA, and also many travel agents can facilitate a passport application without the applicant attending the seminar.

However, without the CFO stamp in the visa, a Philippine citizen will not be allowed to board a place on any kind of immigrant or work visa without the CFO stamp.

Larry in Dumaguete

www.fil2usavisa.com

Ah we used a travel angency right next to the DFA in Cebu, perhaps that's what happened...

Larry in Dumaguete

www.fil2usavisa.com

It is a requirement for fiances and spouses of foreign nationals to attend the CFO seminar in order to apply for a passport. However, this is often overlooked and worked around. For instance, it is usually not asked for when one applies for a passport at one of the outreach programs offered by DFA, and also many travel agents can facilitate a passport application without the applicant attending the seminar.

However, without the CFO stamp in the visa, a Philippine citizen will not be allowed to board a place on any kind of immigrant or work visa without the CFO stamp.

Larry in Dumaguete

www.fil2usavisa.com

My wife renewed her passport in Vancouver and she traveled to the Philippines with that new passport.

As a resident of another country, she doesn't need to show that certificate anymore.

Larry in Dumaguete

www.fil2usavisa.com

Larry in Dumaguete

www.fil2usavisa.com

My wife renewed her passport in Vancouver and she traveled to the Philippines with that new passport.

As a resident of another country, she doesn't need to show that certificate anymore.

I personally renewed my passport the DFA didn't ask for CFO sticker I'm already married to foreign national,all they ask from me was my old passport and I.D

Aussie Dude

Thank god for this forum , My wife has just received her perm. visa after 6 months of going through hell and about 2500 dollars , has to be in Aus before 18th nov so we leave 11th nov , she has been in Aus 6 times before and has the CFO crap but i didn't know about the sticker , another 650 p rort , she could have rocked up to the airport and got knocked back and would have wasted all the money and shit we had to go through to get the visa , Once again a big thanks