CFO Sticker for Filipina to go abroad

My ex-wife went to the CFO seminar about ten years ago, and she was told that I would take her to America and either sell her to my friends or that I would kill her for the insurance money.

I have never heard anything good about the seminar, only crazy bad things.

Maybe the seminar they give to the OFW's is not the same as the seminar that they gave to the girls with fiance and spousal visas.

Edited by donb2222
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• Headshot

• Venus

• Daisy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife did the seminar a few years back. The advice she got from a friend and it worked is 'only speak English' during the seminar. She denied speaking fluent Bisaya or Tagalog and insisted they spea

Interesting post,i can to some degree understand a CFO for Fiancee/Spouse Visas for those filipinas relocating to another country. But,for a filipina who married a foreigner in the Philippines,and bo

There is no requirement for the spouse or fiance of an alien to attend the CFO in order to leave on a tourist visa. However, there is such a requirement for one to obtain a passport.   Larry in Duma

Posted Images

You can do the Seminar with the nuns or at the cfo/dfa.

So from what I'm hearing here the nuns can be a real pain in the ass?

I had heard somewhere else they were nice and easier on the paperwork, but I think that was some time ago.

I'll have to have my wife do this soon, I guess we will avoid the nuns then.

My ex-wife went to the CFO seminar about ten years ago, and she was told that I would take her to America and either sell her to my friends or that I would kill her for the insurance money.

So which one did you do ?

party0023.gif

shadow

So which one did you do ?

party0023.gif

Knowing Don, I'm quite certain he did both!

:shitstormretarded::P

Larry in Dumaguete

shadow

My fiancee went to the CFO class before she came here. The nuns there were rude and mean and made her cry. Add to that they she had to go back 3 times because they kept coming with more documents she needed every time she went back. Would have been for them to have just told what she needed the first time instead of stringing it out...

They do this in the hopes that the girl will get frustrated and give up. Cebu is much worse about this than Manila. Usually they do it when there are large age gaps,

the girl is very young, or the petitioner has something in their history, such as several past marriages, violence, drugs, etc.

We had one client who had to go back 5 times, first they wanted letter of consent from the parents, then they wanted a notarized copy of it, then they made her bring her father, then they made her bring her mother, then they wanted a certified copy of his entire divorce summary.

As she lived in Dumaguete, and her parents lived on Bohol, this amounted to close to P30,000 in additional cost.

We always recommend anyone with any of the above mentioned particulars to attend the seminar in Manila rather than Cebu, as this almost never happens in Manila.

Larry in Dumaguete

www.fil2usavisa.com

Headshot

You can do the Seminar with the nuns or at the cfo/dfa.

So from what I'm hearing here the nuns can be a real pain in the ass?

I had heard somewhere else they were nice and easier on the paperwork, but I think that was some time ago.

I'll have to have my wife do this soon, I guess we will avoid the nuns then.

Sorry Til...the CFO is staffed by plain clothes nuns...you can't get around them. You may not actually even know they are nuns until they sign their names to the certificate and the initials of their Catholic order appear next to their names. The whole program is funded by the Catholic Church...NOT the Philippine government. It is sponsored by the government through a Presidential Decree (in cooperation with the Catholic Church), but was never funded by the government. It sounds like Shadow's suggestion to go to Manila may be the best, but they may still require documents that are difficult for you to come up with (I hope you have several certified copies of your marriage certificate and divorce decree, got CENOMARs for both of you, and have all of the other fun documents they may ask for. Otherwise, they may waste a lot of your time (since they may be pissed off you skated around their requirements when you got married).

I'm glad that others chimed in on the requirements and the seminar. It appears that any woman who is married or PUBLICLY engaged must get the seminar to travel for any reason, and ALL Filipinas must get it to go overseas on a work or permanent visa. They DO require a lot of documents that make absolutely NO sense...especially if you are already married to your sweety. Just take all of the same documents that would have been required if you had gotten married in the Philippines (you didn't think you had escaped those requirements by getting married on the sly in Hong Kong, did you?) and you will be fine.

Edited by Headshot
SkyMan

Is there a news service here that perhaps can help? I'm sure the nazi nuns are operating under their own authority and basically making it up as they go along. Perhaps if a little public attention was brought to light they might settle down? Maybe we can start sending complaints to TV and newspapers and get something done?

i got my CFO sticker near the DFA office and they also handle seminar there but u need to get there early coz they only entertain 10 persons everyday,and they ask some personal questions about your partner.

Edited by stephanie

My fiancee went to the CFO class before she came here. The nuns there were rude and mean and made her cry. Add to that they she had to go back 3 times because they kept coming with more documents she needed every time she went back. Would have been for them to have just told what she needed the first time instead of stringing it out...

They do this in the hopes that the girl will get frustrated and give up. Cebu is much worse about this than Manila. Usually they do it when there are large age gaps,

the girl is very young, or the petitioner has something in their history, such as several past marriages, violence, drugs, etc.

We had one client who had to go back 5 times, first they wanted letter of consent from the parents, then they wanted a notarized copy of it, then they made her bring her father, then they made her bring her mother, then they wanted a certified copy of his entire divorce summary.

As she lived in Dumaguete, and her parents lived on Bohol, this amounted to close to P30,000 in additional cost.

We always recommend anyone with any of the above mentioned particulars to attend the seminar in Manila rather than Cebu, as this almost never happens in Manila.

Larry in Dumaguete

www.fil2usavisa.com

sorry to hear about this but in my case I never had a hard time in dealing with the people of CFO and I only pay 400pesos for the stamp.I wonder why they spent that amount of money,same with my friend from Davao.

Edited by stephanie

There is two places in Cebu where you can do the seminar, one is the CFO and the other the SMEF-COW run by nuns.

I still dont get which place you guys are talking about sounds like its the SMEF-COW (St. Mary Euphrasia - Center for Overseas Workers.)

My wife did the seminar a few years back. The advice she got from a friend and it worked is 'only speak English' during the seminar. She denied speaking fluent Bisaya or Tagalog and insisted they speak English to her, it drove the nuns crazy and she was out with the stamp in 10 minutes.

• Like 1
lazydays

Interesting post,i can to some degree understand a CFO for Fiancee/Spouse Visas for those filipinas relocating to another country.

But,for a filipina who married a foreigner in the Philippines,and both living permanently in the Philippines,for her to need a CFO on her passport to go on vacation as a tourist to another country with her husband,is total bullsh*t in my opinion.

Edited by lazydays
  • Like 1
shadow

Interesting post,i can to some degree understand a CFO for Fiancee/Spouse Visas for those filipinas relocating to another country.

But,for a filipina who married a foreigner in the Philippines,and both living permanently in the Philippines,for her to need a CFO on her passport to go on vacation as a tourist to another country with her husband,is total bullsh*t in my opinion.

There is no requirement for the spouse or fiance of an alien to attend the CFO in order to leave on a tourist visa. However, there is such a requirement for one to obtain a passport.

Larry in Dumaguete

www.fil2usavisa.com

• Like 1
shadow

Larry in Dumaguete

www.fil2usavisa.com

sorry to hear about this but in my case I never had a hard time in dealing with the people of CFO and I only pay 400pesos for the stamp.I wonder why they spent that amount of money,same with my friend from Davao.

They spent that amount of money because that is how much it cost them to jump through all the burning hoops the CFO put them through.

Larry in Dumaguete

www.fil2usavisa.com

lazydays

There is no requirement for the spouse or fiance of an alien to attend the CFO in order to leave on a tourist visa. However, there is such a requirement for one to obtain a passport.

Larry in Dumaguete

www.fil2usavisa.com

Well thats kind of what i was getting at,i didn't phrase it right,my bad.

If i understand you correctly,in this instance only filipinas married to an alien need a CP to apply for a passport,but single filipinas don't.

Edited by lazydays