CFO Sticker for Filipina to go abroad

LastManStanding

My wife got her permanent visa to Canada today.

It says she needs to get some retarded sticker from some seminar. The sheets with the visa package says to go to Good Sheppards in Banawa(St. Mary's Euphrasia Foundation). But doesn't say where in Banawa. When I google it, I see references to Mango square and USC High School.

Has anyone done this lately and can give me the lowdown. Is Mango ave. considered Banawa??

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• Venus

• Headshot

• Daisy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife did the seminar a few years back. The advice she got from a friend and it worked is 'only speak English' during the seminar. She denied speaking fluent Bisaya or Tagalog and insisted they spea

Interesting post,i can to some degree understand a CFO for Fiancee/Spouse Visas for those filipinas relocating to another country. But,for a filipina who married a foreigner in the Philippines,and bo

There is no requirement for the spouse or fiance of an alien to attend the CFO in order to leave on a tourist visa. However, there is such a requirement for one to obtain a passport.   Larry in Duma

Posted Images

Headshot

The CFO, which is where she has to go for the seminar, is on Mango Avenue across the street from the University of San Carlos up on the second floor. BTW, you are not allowed to be there for the seminar. The whole purpose of the seminar is to scare the shit out of Filipinas so they won't want to go overseas, so they don't want you sitting in the back laughing at them. Then, after she has had the seminar and gets her receipt, she goes to the DFA building at the end of Osmena Blvd. down in Colon to pick up the seminar certificate and get the sticker for her passport.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

it's for Canada so they'll teach her all about Hockey and Molson

I have attended the seminar and it was not about scaring us. On the contrary it will teach us among other things what to do outside the country in case of emergencies. I found it more educational.... it is a requirement to all overseas Filipino workers and to Filipinos migrating to other countries. It is not required for tourist visa holders!!!!

Get there early as they only take so many each day like 15 i think ,we where there at 6 am and there was a line already ,take plenty of pictures ,all nso papers ,your divorce papers if you have been divorced also ,wedding pictures ,make sure she knows your mother name,etc with all people ur family .Also any all paper work ,call and ask but don't be surprised if they don't ask for more. After you finish that you have to go to some government office next to OFA something to do with foreign workers.They issued to stamp,tell her not to get upset with the personal nature of some questions. good luck also u need NBI papers

Edited by tonny
Headshot

I have attended the seminar and it was not about scaring us. On the contrary it will teach us among other things what to do outside the country in case of emergencies. I found it more educational.... it is a requirement to all overseas Filipino workers and to Filipinos migrating to other countries. It is not required for tourist visa holders!!!!

I was kind of kidding about the scaring thing (although they do tell stories about women being enslaved in foreign countries. I'm afraid you are wrong on the tourist visa requirement though. They just changed the law. The CFO seminar is now tied to the passport instead of being tied to a visa. Now all Filipinas must have the seminar to get a passport, regardless of how they plan to use it. My wife and I are planning to go to the US so my wife can meet my parents in December (tourist visa). Before she could get her passport, she had to have the seminar. If a Filipina already has a passport, then the seminar is only required to leave the country for immigration visas, like you said. Since the Philippine passport is only good for five years, all Filipinas will have to have the seminar before they can leave the country for any reason when then apply or reapply for a Philippine Passport from now on. Of course, if she has already gone through the seminar (and still has the certificate), then she doesn't have to redo it.

Go to this site to get maybe the real law ok . Also a Filipino tourist going overseas has a passport has funds an and single not married to foreigner .Does not need a CFO unless the law has changed and i did not see any change at all on the web site ,and over seas workers need a different stamp i think . http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=318&Itemid=5

Edited by tonny

I was kind of kidding about the scaring thing (although they do tell stories about women being enslaved in foreign countries. I'm afraid you are wrong on the tourist visa requirement though. They just changed the law. The CFO seminar is now tied to the passport instead of being tied to a visa. Now all Filipinas must have the seminar to get a passport, regardless of how they plan to use it. My wife and I are planning to go to the US so my wife can meet my parents in December (tourist visa). Before she could get her passport, she had to have the seminar. If a Filipina already has a passport, then the seminar is only required to leave the country for immigration visas, like you said. Since the Philippine passport is only good for five years, all Filipinas will have to have the seminar before they can leave the country for any reason when then apply or reapply for a Philippine Passport from now on. Of course, if she has already gone through the seminar (and still has the certificate), then she doesn't have to redo it.

I will give a very current update on this after my friend who had a tourist visa to the US, (not married to a foreigner) will fly to US of A on September 10. Then I will know if the government will require her to have the CFO. As far as I know only those possible immigrant will be required the CFO. She applied and got her passport last July 5 and have the interview last July 27, she got multiple entry (10 years) by the way. No discussion about CFO so far, I should know this because I am behind her all through the process.

Anyway, thanks for the possibility of CFO requirement as I will be texting her about it now. It would be a catastrophe if she will arrive at NAIA on Sept 10 and be asked of her CFO!

shadow

The CFO is required for fiances and spouses of foreign nationals to obtain a passport, regardless of reason for travel. It is not required for those who are not fiances or spouses of foreigners, who will be travelling as tourists.

This law has been in effect for years.

Larry in Dumaguete

www.fil2usavisa.com

easy44

The CFO is required for fiances and spouses of foreign nationals to obtain a passport, regardless of reason for travel. It is not required for those who are not fiances or spouses of foreigners, who will be travelling as tourists.

This law has been in effect for years.

Larry in Dumaguete

www.fil2usavisa.com

Thanks for clearing that up. I will be taking my gf to Bangkok later this year, so wasn't looking forward to another hassle. We went in July of last year with no additional requirements.

I went to Hong Kong May this year with my fiancee (to marry her), no need for cfo seminar.

SkyMan

Make sure she has ALL the paperwork you had to produce to get married as well as a copy of all pages of YOUR passport. Yes, I know, if she has an NSO copy of you MC that is proof that you already have all the other BS but they will ewant to see it. Even then she'll probably have to come back with other crap they have no business needing. It's run by a bunch of nazi nuns who will ask all kinds of personal questions they have no business asking.

My fiancee went to the CFO class before she came here. The nuns there were rude and mean and made her cry. Add to that they she had to go back 3 times because they kept coming with more documents she needed every time she went back. Would have been for them to have just told what she needed the first time instead of stringing it out...

LastManStanding

My wife just came back from the CFO. They want to see my passport and my legal capacity to marry. WTF? We already got married and I had to show this for the marriage certificate, now I have to show some nazi nuns. So my wife has to go back again. Total horseshit. Unbelievable.