Dogfood

Im loooking for quality dogfood in large 50 lbs bags for my rottweilers. I found some in a pet store here in talisay but a bit expensive !

I prefer US or AUS brands with 32% pro - min 28% protein .

SkyMan

I get 20Kg bags of Pedigree at Fooda. That's a US brand but this looks to be made in Thailand or somewhere. Yes, it's expensive.

billten

You could try the barf diet (bones and raw food). Google it for details but i think it worked out about the same as the decent brands of dog food and honestly the dogs i have never looked better. I buy bones and chicken backs at about P60 a kilo and my dobe's eat about 300g a day.

BTW, i really like the look of your dog, so many snipey and crooked rotts around here in Cebu.

Edited by billten
CardiacKid

You might try the PIKE pet store in Minglanilla. They're located on the National Highway

RogerDuMond

You could try the barf diet (bones and raw food). Google it for details but i think it worked out about the same as the decent brands of dog food and honestly the dogs i have never looked better. I buy bones and chicken backs at about P60 a kilo and my dobe's eat about 300g a day.

BTW, i really like the look of your dog, so many snipey and crooked rotts around here in Cebu.

I raised Bubba on a Raw Food diet. Anybody interested, PM me and I will forward the ingredient list that I used.

senseless

I raised my puppy on rotisserie chicken diet. He won't eat anything but chicken. 150P a day. :scratch_head:

spiderman

I think it's unnecessary to buy dog food, which I would call chemical feed or process food.

The best dog food I know is yellow corn,really. Only 25 php per killo.

You know the yellow corn a lot of Filipino don't eat because they feed that to animals. The hard grounded yellow corn.

I eat yellow corn, so I feed that to my dogs.thumbs_up.gif

• Admin (Retired)
broden

I raised Bubba on a Raw Food diet. Anybody interested, PM me and I will forward the ingredient list that I used.

i was thinking that might be the easier way to go in the RP or a mixture of dogfood that may not be up to your standards and real meat and what not to supplement it

RogerDuMond

I think it's unnecessary to buy dog food, which I would call chemical feed or process food.

The best dog food I know is yellow corn,really. Only 25 php per killo.

You know the yellow corn a lot of Filipino don't eat because they feed that to animals. The hard grounded yellow corn.

I eat yellow corn, so I feed that to my dogs.thumbs_up.gif

Grains are NOT good for dogs they are put into dog food as fillers. Dogs lineage traces back to the wolf. Wolfs are carnivorous. They eat only meat. The vegetables, vitamins, and minerals that they need in the wild come from eating the internal organs, including the stomach contents, of the animals that they kill. You don't see wolfs or wild dogs grazing in corn fields or wheat fields.

• Like 1