Sign in to follow this  
tim

Dr. Ramon Sucalit, General Dentistry

JohnFromTexas

Do any dentists in cebu area use gas on request?

easy44

Do any dentists in cebu area use gas on request?

I just asked my dentist about that today and she said nobody in Cebu, maybe a couple in Manila.

samatm

I dont get the appeal of laughing gas? I never had it in the US. Much rather have my faculties and localised anthestics than be loopy and droopy slobberin like a fool. Doc Suclalit does give injections of localised anthestic. He is really good at explaining proceedures, and takes his time.

down side is his office scheduling is a bit slipshod (no secretary per se... the nurse, he and his wife handle the calls, office is too small with waiting area just nearly part of the work area, and the 1970s colors. However its not a bad trade off. He is really good. His wife I believe does othodontics and I can't vouch for her work. Sucalit is professional, has a likeable demeanor, and does a good job.

easy44

I dont get the appeal of laughing gas? I never had it in the US. Much rather have my faculties and localised anthestics than be loopy and droopy slobberin like a fool.

The appeal is that it makes going to the dentist fun. The effect is to make you happy, without any anxieties whatsoever. I used to have it in the US when I had my teeth cleaned. I once had a root canal done and was enjoying it so much I didn't want it to end. A couple of times I was having sexual fantasies about the dental assistant (hot). The reason you don't get it is because you never tried it. Highly recommended, unfortunately unavailable here in Cebu.

lost aussie

For a little bit more info and how to find the good doc, Ramon Sucalit you can look here.

http://www.cebudentalservices.com

SkyMan

my wife just told me that having injections will hasten the end of sound gums and teeth.

I believe that is just another Filipino superstition about health.

Something a parent can tell their kid to save a efw pesos. My wife told me she was told not to drink before the meal arrives. Same reason I'm sure. If you can only afford 1 drink for each kid, don't let them drink it until they have food to drink it with.

SkyMan

I dont get the appeal of laughing gas? I never had it in the US. Much rather have my faculties and localised anthestics than be loopy and droopy slobberin like a fool. Doc Suclalit does give injections of localised anthestic. He is really good at explaining proceedures, and takes his time.

I'd like to try it. Something about getting that needle jabbed into so very sensative areas in my mouth is a real bitch. Later, fine, no pain at all, but that needle is no freakin fun at all. You can't really tell me you have all your faculties while you're trying to crush the armrests because every muscle in your body is straining, arching your ass off the seat, and you would be screaming if it weren't for the fact that you know it would probably cause more pain.

toshi

i am looking for the gass to, apparently u can go to a hospital and get it done.. but i am still looking as i cannot find it yet..

tim

I'd like to try it. Something about getting that needle jabbed into so very sensative areas in my mouth is a real bitch. Later, fine, no pain at all, but that needle is no freakin fun at all. You can't really tell me you have all your faculties while you're trying to crush the armrests because every muscle in your body is straining, arching your ass off the seat, and you would be screaming if it weren't for the fact that you know it would probably cause more pain.

My dentist (before he retired) in the USA used to spray this cold substance (from a can) on the area that he was to give a shot. U never felt the needle since everything was frozen for about 2 - 3 minutes... then the numbness from the shots, then they would put the gas mask on U... I really gonna missed that old man...lol... I got to find a new Dentist now, not only for me but my family... that is a pain in the ass...

I am hoping to See Dr. Ramon Sucalit, for anything I need to do that our Dental Insurance will not cover next summer.

Raptor
I once had a root canal done and was enjoying it so much I didn't want it to end.

lol, I had laughing gas when my wisdom teeth were being ripped out, and I also didn't want it to end. Looking for a place in Cebu that has it.

samatm
I once had a root canal done and was enjoying it so much I didn't want it to end.

lol, I had laughing gas when my wisdom teeth were being ripped out, and I also didn't want it to end. Looking for a place in Cebu that has it.

well if it made getting root canal fun.....I'll have to sign up.

Edited by samatm

JohnFromTexas

i just googled 'manila dentist nitrous' and apparently there are dentists up there who practice sedation dentistry and have it... so you might have to make a trip there if you seriously need it. when i had my tooth pulled last i requested it (in the us) and had to pay $100 extra out of pocket to get it but it was WORTH it.

fanboat

I sent Gigi to the dentist while I was in the USA and I found out the dentist was going to pull out 9 of her teeth!!!

Before I put a stop to this process she already pulled out 4 teeth!

digiteye

There are many good dentists in Cebu. I have personal experience with Dr Charleston B Jorgio and his wife (she is a dentist, too).

They are located behind Cebu Doctors Hostpital, Suite 304 Dr. J.C. Borromeo Bldg. Gov. Roa St., Capitol Site.

He has a large number of satisfied foreign patients, including me.

http://www.cebudentistry.com/testimonial.htm

thebob

I had an extraction performed by Dr Sucalit. 4 shots, good explanation and communication. 600 Pesos. Totally satisfied I'll be back.