12 Month Globe

hello, i have a 12 month globe ADSL service I pay per month for Internet Only but as far as I know I'm supposed to be on for 12 months. I have decided to leave Cebu soon, only a couple of months after I signed up. Can someone please tell me what would I have to pay to get out of the contract and if I return the modem I hope they will understand my situation? I'm not sure I will be returning to the Philippines anytime soon so it would not be much use to ask for them to put it on hold either. I was told by someone I would have to pay around 4-5,000 pesos?

Mailman

Couldn't be worse than the total sum of monthly service fees for the unfulfilled contract period, could it?

I'm afraid I don't know.

Mailman

Why not ask Globe?

Don't be silly. It's a serious question. :lee_popcorn:

Call Globe and they will tell you what the termination process and fees are.

KennyF

I can speak from experience.

You have to pay the full contract period so 12 x 999 = 11,988 pesos less any months you've already paid.

And no, they won't understand your situation or even try to.

KinAC

SkyMan

They told me if I moved and they could not provide service at the new location they would release me no charge. You could tell them the truth, that you are moving to a different country but that might not quailfy. Or you could tell them you are moving to an apartment in like Bogo or somewhere that isn't on the Globrlines map. Make sure you have an address ready if they call your bluff, or just say, "I can find it but I don't know how to explain it. It's about 5 Kms from the highway. None of the neighbors have heard of the internet."

PS If it's in your name and you're leaving the country, just leave. They are going to have you extradited to pay your Globe bill.

Edited by SkyMan
DeezNuz

With Globe, there is a lot of grey area.

Depending on the situation, the time of day you call, the mood of the customer service representative and the tone of your voice...you will get a differetn response every time.

RogerDuMond

With Globe, there is a lot of grey area.

Depending on the situation, the time of day you call, the mood of the customer service representative and the tone of your voice...you will get a differetn response every time.

Hey Etopia there is a great idea. Have BigRob go in to Globe for you and handle the customer service counter for you. He has a way with customer service counters and getting them to consider rebates. baseballbat.gif

DeezNuz

Roger...won't help...their counters exceed my lifting capacity.

Edited by BigRob