Sign in to follow this  
D_D

Angeles City Hotel ? ? ?

D_D

Since things change up there so fast.

What are your suggestions for a hotel in AC ?

No pool is needed during rainy season, but High Speed Internet is.

Must be clean. ( not run down )

KennyF

There's a nice quiet hotel in Diamond next to Swagman.

Don't know how much but it's clean and up to date (German owner, Australian manager).

KinAC (ermmmm, what is "high speed internet"????)

Paul

D_D

Don't know how much but it's clean and up to date (German owner, Australian manager).

What is Diamond ? Is that an area ?

What is the name of the hotel ? You mean Swagman Travel or is there something else called travel ?

D_D

If you know them, tell them to at least put the Lewis Grand on the map on their contact page. I doubt they will loose business to the Lewis Grand, since they are more reasonable with room rate. At least their Hotel will be easier to find using that map ! ! !

BBQ Joe

How much do you want to spend? Do you want to be in the midst of the debauchery or further away from it?

Hana is OK but the small A/C does NOT cool off the large rooms on the left wing.

NittanyLion

Juanita's Guesthouse is a very clean place and cheap. It's near Field's Ave...a few blocks from Manson Drug. If you want cheap, clean, new and near Field's....it's a good choice. I think the small room is P900, and the bigger room is P1100. No pool.

udonthani

I like Bluefields. Proper pool. They won't charge you anything extra to stick a fridge in your room once they know you. All that 'deluxe' and 'superior' stuff is just bullshit in the Philippines. All you have to do is tip the two guys that have to lug the fridge down the corridor to the 'standard' room, that has now become the 'deluxe' room, 50 pesos.

hydro

Lewis Grand is one of the best hotels I have stayed at in the Philippines, similar in quality to the Parklane in Cebu.

liquido

I stayed at the Pacific Breeze(fairly new) which is the sister hotel to the Central Park..The Central Park is usually booked because of being a good value.I didnt mind spending a few extra bucks for the Breeze.nice pool also......Central Park guests can also use there pool..

http://www.centralpark-ac.com/en/

http://www.pacificbreezehotel.com/

kavorka

I had many a crazy night at the ABC Hotel.

KennyF

What is Diamond ? Is that an area ?

What is the name of the hotel ? You mean Swagman Travel or is there something else called travel ?

It depends where you want to stay.

Down town Angeles is about 2 km away from what most people call Angeles city (Fields ave).

What do you want to be near? AC is a big place.

Swagman hotel and travel is the same company as the one in Manila.

They run a bus twice a day between the two. Also between AC and Subic.

Diamond is a very large estate on MacArthur highway.

KinAC

D_D

I need to be in walking distance to restaurants. I don't want to have to take a taxi or trike to get around.

Just a few days to check out a few things.

I don't need to pay for the extra's that I will never use, so as long as the room is clean I am happy. Air Con is important.

If anyone also wants to recommend a few good restaurants or specials going on, that would be good also.

loosehead

ABC Hotel is in a great location right amongst the Fields Ave action. It also has a transport company in the lobby which is useful as the taxi situation in Angeles is hit and miss. If you want peace and quiet the Holiday Inn is located on the old airbase about 6km from the action. Nice pool and lots of visitors from Manila on the weekend. They have a eurocar service 300PHP drop off or pick up 24 hours a day. If you get tired of the bars, try the R&B club. Good bands every night, very few foreigners and lots of nice women.

D_D

I stayed at the Pacific Breeze(fairly new) which is the sister hotel to the Central Park..The Central Park is usually booked because of being a good value.I didnt mind spending a few extra bucks for the Breeze.nice pool also......Central Park guests can also use there pool..

I checked out their websites.

Why are they charging room rates in USD ?

We are in the Philippines ? Shouldn't they charge in Pesos ?

Does that mean I have to exchange my pesos into dollars ? Why can't they just do the exchange before and change in Pesos ?

Is this a scam ?

That would be the same as if I went to the US and a hotel in the US charged in pesos.