Open ended return ticket

Awesome Color

This afternoon I'm visiting an Asiana Airlines ticketing office to get my flight (as in "one-way flight") settled. There is a sort of refundable ticket available which you can purchase which doesn't actually stipulate any ongoing destination - the ticket's sole purpose is to allow a traveler enter a country on a one-way ticket, and upon arriving in the Philippines you cancel the ticket (which again doesn't even state an ongoing destination!) and have your money refunded. I hear that it's pricey (somewhere around $700), but you get it all back minus a small cancellation fee (about $25~30). With a credit card, it should be as easy as that! And, the one-stop shopping at a single airline ticketing office is convenient! I'm sure that other airlines have this sort of set up too, but I know for certain that Asiana has it, and I plan on flying with them anyway...

Thats very cool and Asiana Airlines gets to use your money for free for how long?

6 or 7 hours (big deal, isn't it?). The ticket will be purchased at check-in, and then upon arrival I cancel the ticket and get my money back (minus the equivalent of about $30). It's very convenient, in my opinion.

samatm

This afternoon I'm visiting an Asiana Airlines ticketing office to get my flight (as in "one-way flight") settled. There is a sort of refundable ticket available which you can purchase which doesn't actually stipulate any ongoing destination - the ticket's sole purpose is to allow a traveler enter a country on a one-way ticket, and upon arriving in the Philippines you cancel the ticket (which again doesn't even state an ongoing destination!) and have your money refunded. I hear that it's pricey (somewhere around $700), but you get it all back minus a small cancellation fee (about $25~30). With a credit card, it should be as easy as that! And, the one-stop shopping at a single airline ticketing office is convenient! I'm sure that other airlines have this sort of set up too, but I know for certain that Asiana has it, and I plan on flying with them anyway...

Thats very cool and Asiana Airlines gets to use your money for free for how long?

6 or 7 hours (big deal, isn't it?). The ticket will be purchased at check-in, and then upon arrival I cancel the ticket and get my money back (minus the equivalent of about $30). It's very convenient, in my opinion.

noop no big deal. I let Cathay hold my money for 2 days. I was thinking you were Swanny who was going to buy his tix now for travel early next year. my bad. :D