Global Murder Rates By Country

fredanna

Don't be fooled by the numbers. If you're a traget your number's up.

My small experience here so far. We were at a BD party at BRC? A "beach" in LapuLapu. I don't want to go into my experience with the GD loud Karaoke. GAWDAMMIT it was so loud and about 10 others along with it.

Anyway a mand entered our 'cottage' and offered me a drink in a plastic cup covered with plastic. I kindly refused, trying not to hollar and sound impatient coz of the loud music(?) and he left. My wife and kid were away swiming down the slides. She comes back and apparently someone from our group mentioned to her that I was offered a drink, and she warned me NEVER to accept an offerening of food or drink from someone not part of our party coz "they" give me something to me make me very sick.

Typically in the province where your wife is from, it's fairly safe. If your wife won't let you travel by yourself then be alert!! If you're here for fun and pleasure to see or find a GF then be very alert.

I guess, if you're white someone assumes that your rich and from the USA. Most white men I have talked to here seem British. Heavy British accents. Probably Aussies too.

A fit younger person in their 50's might not be bothered. An older man un-fit in your 60's or older...be alert.

We (USA) feel safer coz we know the times not to be in certain parts of certain cities in the USA.

Travel here is about as safe as most USA cities during the daylight hours.

My P 2

Fred

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• win

• Willie

• Turbota

• Tomas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alan S

Fred, the fact that you are there, proves you are wealthy as the cost of the ticket exceeds what many Filipinos earn per year.

As for safety, I've spent a lot of time in the Philippines, going to places rated as "dangerous", but never had any problems, nor felt as scared as when I was in New York. (And there are parts of LA that I wouldnt be happy in either: and the same applies to some other Western cities.)

You ae unlikely to be a target except for petty theft, and that can be avoided by reasonable care.

Sonny

If you want a REAL eye-opener, check the murder rate stats in the US according to racial breakdown.

udonthani

Don't be fooled by the numbers. If you're a traget your number's up.

My small experience here so far. We were at a BD party at BRC? A "beach" in LapuLapu. I don't want to go into my experience with the GD loud Karaoke. GAWDAMMIT it was so loud and about 10 others along with it.

Anyway a mand entered our 'cottage' and offered me a drink in a plastic cup covered with plastic. I kindly refused, trying not to hollar and sound impatient coz of the loud music(?) and he left. My wife and kid were away swiming down the slides. She comes back and apparently someone from our group mentioned to her that I was offered a drink, and she warned me NEVER to accept an offerening of food or drink from someone not part of our party coz "they" give me something to me make me very sick.

you're overeacting there, Fredi. If it's the kind of environment where your wife and kids are cavorting down water slides, there's responsible people on the door, you don't have to worry about somebody offering you food and/or drink. It's normal for people in Asia to want to offer you food, when they like you, if not necessarily alcoholic drink.

I'd put a guard up in a karaoke bar, but not a water park. Unless, of course, the family has decided you've outlived your purpose which has happened before.

Typically in the province where your wife is from, it's fairly safe. If your wife won't let you travel by yourself then be alert!! If you're here for fun and pleasure to see or find a GF then be very alert.

I guess, if you're white someone assumes that your rich and from the USA. Most white men I have talked to here seem British. Heavy British accents. Probably Aussies too.

A fit younger person in their 50's might not be bothered. An older man un-fit in your 60's or older...be alert.

We (USA) feel safer coz we know the times not to be in certain parts of certain cities in the USA.

Travel here is about as safe as most USA cities during the daylight hours.

My P 2

Fred

• 1 month later...
sandwindstars

The Guardian article is misleading. I looked at the tables, and clicked on the explanations and sources. There are various sources the Guardian used to get their number. For the Philippines (21 per 100,000), is from WHO Death Estimates, Death by Violence. Column beside shows 11.9 from the National Police Crime Statistics. (In the case of Pakistan, they used the WHO estimates at 3.6, but their National Statistics Office says, 6.3.) In any case, I came across the following tables in another forum:

Source: Geneva Declaration on Violence & Development

http://en.wikipedia....y_homicide_rate

Source: Nation Master

-Total Murders

http://www.nationmas...r-crime-murders

-Murders per Capita:

http://www.nationmas...ders-per-capita

(The Philippines isn't showing but my calculation is around .0689 per 1000).

Alex

Edited by sandwindstars
USMC-Retired

As time has gone on crime in general has gone up here in the Philippines. In the 3 years I have been here I have seen the number of violent crimes rise. This is not a unique thing. It will continue to rise. The population is growing and jobs and poverty have not gotten better.

Additionally the MILF is causing alot of deaths as with any war zone and causing these stats to inflate. Crime here will only get worse and people will do what they need to. Survival, if you have 7 kids no job no money no home and you can steal your hunger away, you will.

It is the starting of revolution against the establishment when they forget the people. Which this government has done for years. Just lets hope they get a handle on this prior to this ever happening.

ArieBombarie

I am dubious about those statistics, as they are wildy different from many other similar stats I have seen in the past.

Might be accurate, but may not.

wonder where the got the stats of North Korea from, doubt they release such figures unless they count the excutions and starvations as well