Coffee Lovers

i make a good cappuccino out of powdered milk this way (using the sunbeam machine pictured below):

I grind the beans (harris gold beans, bought in Australia), and put them in the machine. (I also often use a local beam available in most supermarkets in cebu from Danao)

I then place 2 heaped teaspoons of Alaska brand powdered milk in a milk jug (frothing jug).

I then start the machine extracting the coffee.

post-7757-0-19309100-1295263205_thumb.jpg

post-7757-0-28988800-1295263370_thumb.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• broden

• hypoman

• easy44

• Forefall

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not a fan myself .. can't stand the stuff although i'm sure that puts me in the minority   anyway found this Graphic i thought some of you might like   print it out frame it and hang it near you

Ten year living in Paris, I could never get on the metro without a expresso and marc de burgogne (brandy). Best expresso in the world. Now here in the Philippines I get my coffee from Monks Coffee , M

Posted Images

Stranded Shipscook

what is the best bang for your buck for home instant coffee?? i have tried a few but they are pretty rough.. almost undrinkable .. such as nescafe and great taste!

Try to look for "CAFE PURO" at makro or white gold club.

They have it as instant coffee, or in round Tins cans as brewed coffee.

Its from Singapor, Asias Largest coffeemaker....

I like it, i don't know if you, but it may be worth a try, since i also don't like Necafe soo much...

Hope it helps

sure wish there were more "drive up / drive thru" convenient coffee outlets. I'm sure someone could make a nice peso if they sold hot fresh brewed coffee to commuters stuck in traffic. Hecks even instant coffee would be nice.

McDoos hs the best deal at 25 pesos and free refills. Jolibee is still clueless and sell its coffee only for breakfast. (it is a nice domestic blend though) .

Jeepney

The instant coffee i like is Nescafe gold,

I buy it at Gaisano Tabunok, where the keep it at behind the alcohol section...lol...post-4984-0-77825700-1295319997_thumb.jpg

It is never as good as brewed coffee, but it do me for a quick cup of reasonable taste!

Piet.

Once you've owned an espresso machine and learned how to use it, all instant coffees taste like shit. Probably the best instant IMO would be Moccona but haven't seen that in Phils. After that we go to Nescafe Gold which is available there. All coffee beans i have found there are stale so i always bring them from Oz. Someone mentioned Monks Blend and i would have to agree, this is about the best local alternative, it is preground sealed and a lot fresher than any other i have tried. Ofcourse you can buy beans from the coffee shops, some good some not so good but always expensive. :lol:

dablindfrog

The instant coffee i like is Nescafe gold,

I buy it at Gaisano Tabunok, where the keep it at behind the alcohol section...lol...post-4984-0-77825700-1295319997_thumb.jpg

It is never as good as brewed coffee, but it do me for a quick cup of reasonable taste!

Piet.

totally agree, also the regular nescafe is different here than in other countries, here's a powder while elsewhere it's granules types

Fresh ground and sealed Davao coffee sold in SM supermarket -but have only seen it in the mall location. 3 kinds; I love the green label package. the coffee has a not so subtle chocolate taste. Best stored in the freezer and brewed in a bodum press or those little Italian coffee pots.

Edited by Aaron
  • 4 weeks later...

how about luwak coffee?

i've never tried it. I did read it was locally produced here though.

i also read that a coffee shop in new york charges $100 a cup.

In australia you can buy it in a tourist spot for $50 a cup.

heres a bit about it:

Civet coffee, aka kopi luwak

Estimated price per pound: $110 and upThis rare coffee has the dubious distinction of being consumed before the customer has even taken a sip. The palm civet, a cat-like animal also called a luwak, ingests fresh coffee cherries but doesn't digest the beans inside. After the beans pass through the civet's digestive system, workers collect them and wash them in spring water. Supposedly, the civet's digestive enzymes make the beans less acidic, improving the coffee's flavor.

Peter Longo, of New York is drawn to all things exotic and novel, so when he first heard about civet coffee, he knew it would be perfect for his store: "It was right up my alley - such an odd and unique thing." Over the past six months, he's sold about 12 pounds of civet coffee, mostly in small quantities. He charges $50 for one-eighth of a pound, $90 for a quarter-pound, and $175 for a half-pound; each order is custom-roasted.

Civet coffee may sound bizarre, but it's not just for the adventurous. "It's actually mild and smooth, with a piquant aftertaste,. It's very good, as long as you don't let your imagination get the better of you."

SkyMan

I buy Mindanao beans from Rustan's. We have a small cup sized attatchment for the mixer and my filipina grinds up a cupful to last a week or so.

Edited by SkyMan