Coffee Lovers

I am hooked on the powdered nescafe here. I bring 5 or 6 bags back to Canada with me every trip. Nescafe in Canada isn't powder, its like small chunky stuff... way different than nescafe here.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• broden

• hypoman

• easy44

• Forefall

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not a fan myself .. can't stand the stuff although i'm sure that puts me in the minority   anyway found this Graphic i thought some of you might like   print it out frame it and hang it near you

Ten year living in Paris, I could never get on the metro without a expresso and marc de burgogne (brandy). Best expresso in the world. Now here in the Philippines I get my coffee from Monks Coffee , M

Posted Images

ArieBombarie

use to have a neighbor old guy lived well in to his 90's never was with out a coffee cup .. i can't remember a single moment ever seeing him with out one .. he drank plain black coffee all day everyday

asked his wife once how much he drank .. 7 to 8 pots a day

now that's a coffee lover

there ya go Cary there's a high score to shoot for thumbsup.gif

sounds like he was Dutch

Ten year living in Paris, I could never get on the metro without a expresso and marc de burgogne (brandy). Best expresso in the world. Now here in the Philippines I get my coffee from Monks Coffee , Mindinao. available in any SM Mall. simply delicious fresh brewed coffee. I never drink nescafe or 3 in 1 . Afternoon is resrved for tea drinking - at least three pots with calamansi juice and a tot of tanduay. Marvellous combination.

• Like 1
RetiredNavyGuy

use to have a neighbor old guy lived well in to his 90's never was with out a coffee cup .. i can't remember a single moment ever seeing him with out one .. he drank plain black coffee all day everyday

sounds like he was Dutch

Or maybe US Navy. LOL I go through about 2 pots a day.:thats-funny:

• Admin (Retired)

sounds like he was Dutch

Or maybe US Navy. LOL I go through about 2 pots a day.:scratch_head:

might of been by time i knew him he looked like he fell off a charm bracelet

he was basically a little old very active good ol' boy

• 2 months later...
Jeff Cerelyn Ky

What is frustrating to me is the scarcity of places where you can buy ground coffee that isn't instant. The only place where I can find drip coffee is at Ayala supermarket. SM supermarket, as large as it is, doesn't have it. I like mine with cream, no sugar, and of course there is no such thing as half & half here, so I buy "full cream" milk and use that. Be careful not to get the ones that are made from powdered milk. The one I look for is Harvey Fresh from down under.

spritsail

Bsst coffe I have found here is Monks coffee from Mindinao. Grown at a monestry in Bukidnon/ You can buy it at 180 peso a kg - ready ground or beans. Widel;y avaialble in CdO in SM, Robinsons mall and Oramara

Best Coffee I ever had was in Baguio CIty in 2007 - was visiting an uncle of a friend of mine - he grew his own coffee.

Would roast the raw beans and then grind and brew the coffee -

The first couple of cups was like drinking water, went down so smooth - just black - the third cup was great also, just didn't sleep for about 24 hours -

Not allowed to take Raw Beans to US - but roasted a couple of lbs and brought back to the US - rationed for about six months - so good -

Make my own Latte's now - Two Packages of instant coffee and one package of Instant Hot Chocolate - mmmmmmm Good

Mr. Mike

The history of coffee actually goes back of 2.5 million years to the paleolithic age. There is evidence the early neanderthal actually discovered and cultivated the coffee bean, in what is now called north america. They had somehow developed a strain of bean that would flourish in a very cold environment, with a short growing season. The neanderthal females would be tasked with harvesting the beans and the proper time, while the young males would be out hunting meat. In 2006, fossil evidence unearthed at "dig" just north of Seattle, Washington, by a Wilber T. Farnsworth PHD, further confirmed this fact when a stone container was unearthed containing, fossilised coffee beans, what might be considered a "coffee mug" as well as a FRESH dunkin donut................ :(

cebubird

What is frustrating to me is the scarcity of places where you can buy ground coffee that isn't instant. The only place where I can find drip coffee is at Ayala supermarket. SM supermarket, as large as it is, doesn't have it. I like mine with cream, no sugar, and of course there is no such thing as half & half here, so I buy "full cream" milk and use that. Be careful not to get the ones that are made from powdered milk. The one I look for is Harvey Fresh from down under.

If you have been reading the posts about S and R, now you know you can buy coffee there. 48oz Folger is only 552.

Bill

Country Mall, Robinsons and Rustans have a better selection than Ayala. Robinsons (BTC) and Rustan both have grinders where you can grind the beans before you buy. Apparently you aren't looking very hard?

Edited by easy44
CardiacKid

sounds like he was Dutch

Or maybe US Navy. LOL I go through about 2 pots a day.:notallthere:

Must have slowed down since you got out. I bought a Bunn commercial coffemaker that made 12 cups in about 4 minutes. Longest 4 minutes of the day. Really miss that thing. Make it so a spoon stands upright in it and its just about right.