Philippine-Style Costco in Cebu - S&R Shopping

JohnFromTexas

I'm not signing up until they are open. They say it will be october... but people say a lot of things in the philippines.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wellesley1995

• TheMatrix

• JohnFromTexas

• UZI

I'm going to wait till they open, and borrow one of your guys cards...hehehe.

Actually a member can bring 3 guests every visit. You can also ask some of your friends to give you an extension card at only 200 pesos. :beatdeadhorse:

As for the opening, they say it's on October and I saw the construction of their Cebu branch is going well. :)

• 2 months later...
wellesley1995

Actually a member can bring 3 guests every visit. You can also ask some of your friends to give you an extension card at only 200 pesos. :lol:

As for the opening, they say it's on October and I saw the construction of their Cebu branch is going well. :)

Hi Everyone! Saw the FB of S&R Cebu, they will be opening on November 4 at 11am. Hope everyone took advantage of the Buy 1 get 1 membership promo.... can't wait to have their pizza.

TheMatrix

Hi Everyone! Saw the FB of S&R Cebu, they will be opening on November 4 at 11am. Hope everyone took advantage of the Buy 1 get 1 membership promo.... can't wait to have their pizza.

That's Friggin' Awesome!!! Yippie!!

I almost can't believe it. My favorite store has come to me on the other side of the world. I'll be standing in line at 10am Thursday morning!

A_Simple_Man

Hope everyone took advantage of the Buy 1 get 1 membership promo.... can't wait to have their pizza.

I still can't figure out why I would want a second membership. If I give it to a poor filipino then they will expect me to pay the bill every time they shop there. I would not give it to a self sufficient individual because they are . . . self sufficient. Can you tell us what you did with 'your' second membership?

Can you tell us what you did with 'your' second membership?

I gave it to my helper so she can go shopping with out me.

She has been shopping for all my food for years and knows exactly what I like. So I have no problem giving her P5k - P10K. She always brings me a receipt ( which is way too long to look at and itemize anyway )

A_Simple_Man

Can you tell us what you did with 'your' second membership?

I gave it to my helper so she can go shopping with out me.

She has been shopping for all my food for years and knows exactly what I like. So I have no problem giving her P5k - P10K. She always brings me a receipt ( which is way too long to look at and itemize anyway )

I'm not trying to be smart but, couldn't you just lend her your card and ask her to tell them she is doing your shopping?

TheMatrix

Hope everyone took advantage of the Buy 1 get 1 membership promo.... can't wait to have their pizza.

I still can't figure out why I would want a second membership. If I give it to a poor filipino then they will expect me to pay the bill every time they shop there. I would not give it to a self sufficient individual because they are . . . self sufficient. Can you tell us what you did with 'your' second membership?

You give your 2nd card to your wife or GF so that they can go shopping without you. That is unless you are one of those control freaks and need to go everywhere your GF goes in public.

I'm busy with work and don't have time for grocery shopping, so my GF has her own card to do with own shopping.

As far as your other comment of giving your card to your wife, I don't think my girl looks like me much. The S&R cards have pictures on them and they will be verifying pic to the person doing the shopping. They won't be as laxed as Costco in the U.S.

-

Edited by SteveMatrix
  • 1 month later...

I saw the S&R Cebu from the road. It seems to be open.

• How do people like shopping there?
  • Are Kirkland vitamins much cheaper than in the mall?

Tono

Tono

Hi, does anyone know if my US costco card will be accepted there?

For vitamins, I order them from the US and have my friend ship them to me. Vitamins here cost about 3 times more than the same things in the US. I spent over 3,000 pesos on one bottle of vitamins from GNC a few months ago. Now I just order them online, send them to my buddy in the US and he ships to me. You might be able to find someone on Ebay that will ship directly here. I haven't checked.

Only thing is, customs ganked me on the taxes. The package was valued at $40 US, but then customs multiplied that figure by 4 and charged me tax on $160. I have no clue how they figured that out. They never opened my box so they had no clue how big the vitamin bottles were. So I ended up paying about 75% tax when it's only supposed to be about 13% or so. My maid went to pick up the package so she didn't know to question the duty amount.

Edited by Bonehead

Tono

NO...... it is nothing to do with Costco

Larry Marshall

Tono

For vitamins, I order them from the US and have my friend ship them to me. Vitamins here cost about 3 times more than the same things in the US. I spent over 3,000 pesos on one bottle of vitamins from GNC a few months ago. Now I just order them online, send them to my buddy in the US and he ships to me. You might be able to find someone on Ebay that will ship directly here. I haven't checked.

Only thing is, customs ganked me on the taxes. The package was valued at $40 US, but then customs multiplied that figure by 4 and charged me tax on $160. I have no clue how they figured that out. They never opened my box so they had no clue how big the vitamin bottles were. So I ended up paying about 75% tax when it's only supposed to be about 13% or so. My maid went to pick up the package so she didn't know to question the duty amount.

If they don't open the box and see an invoice, they will base it on the "declared value" of the box which is usually for the "insurance."... the trick is to put a declared value of zero or maybe $1... the upside to that is you avoid the duties/taxes... the downside is if the box is lost you can't get your money back from UPS/FedEx... :)