Philippine-Style Costco in Cebu - S&R Shopping

nolimeTangere

Where exactly is S&R in Cebu? Their website does not give a location here. Anyone know?

its in mandaue, opposite side of that cebu doctors university.

if you're coming from mactan, it will be on your left after the University, and if you're coming from SM, it will be on your right. its the biggest thing under construction at the moment for that area.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wellesley1995

• TheMatrix

• JohnFromTexas

• UZI

JohnFromTexas

Ah yeah I just saw that the other day on the way to BoI... not really sure what the advantage of getting the membership is months before they open tho... there's the 2 for 1 but i'm only getting it for me so...

Buy one membership, get another free. But beware, both memberships will still incur the annual renewal fees of 500-700p

So each person who does the shopping needs a membership. For example my maid will need her own membership to do my food shopping. And I will also need one if I feel like going there by myself.

TheMatrix

Buy one membership, get another free. But beware, both memberships will still incur the annual renewal fees of 500-700p

So each person who does the shopping needs a membership. For example my maid will need her own membership to do my food shopping. And I will also need one if I feel like going there by myself.

Yes and no, everyone will need their own card, but you can add household members onto your membership without purchasing another. I think you are allowed one or two add-on's.

JohnFromTexas

Good, because if I had to by a separate membership for my wife I was going to lose interest :)

Forefall

Blue Bunny ice cream... pistachio almond... lami uy

wellesley1995

As a member you get to bring in 3 guests into the store however, they won't be able to purchase anything unless the cardholder is with them. Looking at my card, it says Membership cards are non-transferable. You could always get an add-on for P200 (it used to be P400 but it's on sale for 50% off)

we go to sams here.. never been to a costco, never even seen one actually

anyway at sams they let you bring in one or two guests on your membership

they're not very strict about this i could take just my card and bring in for example a group that looked as if they were my family with out any trouble .. i assume costco in the states is the same way

any idea how how this will work at S&R? for example will husband and wife each need a membership to get in if tehy go together?

As long as one bill at the checkout per card. I have always gone with my wife & once with friends. We pooled everything into one trolley & paid as one member, no problem

Uzi

Based on this forum, it looks like its going to hughly succesful !

Based on this forum, it looks like its going to hughly succesful !

As long as the Cebu branch is equal in stock to the Alabang branch, then it is a guaranteed success.

wellesley1995

S & R is at the food expo at the waterfront hotel in lahug from july 22-24. checked it out today, not much food exhibitors at the food expo but I did see a lot of people signing up for the buy 1 get 1 free membership at S & R. They were giving away some Kirkland candies while I was there, a free shirt for every paying primary member. I also saw them raffling off a bottle of good wine for those dropping off their business card. They were at booth 617, it's the only booth with the balloons on top of their signage.

• 3 weeks later...

S & R is at CICC for the 1Cebu Expo. It's still buy one take one for membership at 700 Pesos

wellesley1995

Just wondering how many of our fellow bloggers have signed up at S&R here in Cebu.

smokey

Just wondering how many of our fellow bloggers have signed up at S&R here in Cebu.

i am going to wait and see what they have first ... i am sure then will have a guest pass the first few months.. if its truly like a costco i will be happy to pay if its another markro forget it.

wellesley1995

i am going to wait and see what they have first ... i am sure then will have a guest pass the first few months.. if its truly like a costco i will be happy to pay if its another markro forget it.

I used my membership card that I got in Cebu in Manila at The Fort in Taguig. It's exactly the same as Costco. Same look and feel. It felt like I was actually in a costco....Lots of Kirkland products available. Fresh milk, fresh strawberries, huge Q-tips packaging, Charmin Toilet paper and so on....

I asked if there are guest passes given to those who just want to have a look and the lady at the membership counter said that no guest passes are being given away. The only guest pass they give is for the food service where you can buy pizzas, hot dogs, churros and the usual food you buy at costco. Unfortunately, only one guest pass is allowed to be given per year to those who want to buy food. They ask for ID and they enter the ID info into their system. I guess that's how they monitor the guest passes.

My friend tried to ask for a guest pass just to have a look see in what's in the warehouse but security was quick to point her to the membership counter to get a membership.

By the way, S&R has the all-you-can eat condiments bar that you'd see at a Costco plus the unlimited soda for only P39. I almost forgot I was in the Philippines.