Philippine-Style Costco in Cebu - S&R Shopping

JohnFromTexas

crap... new york style pizza, calzones and blue bunny ice cream?? i'll believe it when i see it!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wellesley1995

• TheMatrix

• JohnFromTexas

• UZI

smokey

crap... new york style pizza, calzones and blue bunny ice cream?? i'll believe it when i see it!!

wonder how the pricing will be seems everything is higher here then anywhere in us..

TheMatrix

Costco makes some of the best Pizza anywhere, IMHO. It's made and served fresh in the Costco stores in the U.S. The S&R stores will have the same pizzas, but will arrive frozen from the U.S. The large pizza slice will be 99 pesos. It's $1.95 in the states.

They claim prices will be competitive to U.S. prices for most of the items. I'll believe it when I see it. How are they skirting the import tariffs?

-

fredanna

wonder how the pricing will be seems everything is higher here then anywhere in us..

WOW Blue Bunny ice cream. Magnolia ice cream is the big one here. Nestles is good too. Really creamy stuff at SM Mall. I'm seeing a lot higher quality from the last visit and the prices are getting up there too

Fred

easy44

I went right down to S&R today after learning about it on this forum. I just had to see for my own eyes that such a store exists in Cebu that is nearly like Costco. By the way, I've been a member of Costco for probably 25 years and spend an average of $2400/mth there according to my annual rebate checks. It's my favorite store, so you can understand my excitement after learning that one is opening in Cebu.

Unfortunately, S&R is not open yet. The building is still under construction and due to open in Oct/Nov of this year. I went to their sales office and spoke to their marketing director. I learned that the founders of S&R are the same guys that started Price Club before they merged with Costco later. That's great news! Means that they know what they're doing and it's surely not going to be another loser store like Makro.

Also, they will be carrying a large line of the high quality Kirkland line of products. Kirkland makes great items!

Anyway, I paid the 700p annual membership fee and looking forward to them grand opening. This will probably keep me footed in the Philippines for another decade. Cheers!

That's great news! Costco is also my favorite store, and if S&R is anything like it I will be spending too much money there. Love the hotdogs.

JohnFromTexas

I would like it if someplace could get some cheeses in for less than $5 for a tiny amount... my favorite is swiss and the price for the amount you get here is ridiculous... cheddar is not too crazily overpriced but not my favorite.

I would like it if someplace could get some cheeses in for less than $5 for a tiny amount... my favorite is swiss and the price for the amount you get here is ridiculous... cheddar is not too crazily overpriced but not my favorite.

The Manila stores had a whole counter of cheeses.

There's a buy 1 take 1 on memberships right now in case any of you are interested

Anyway, I paid the 700p annual membership fee

What is the buy 1 take 1 membership ?

Buy 1 year and get another year free ?

Or

By 1 membership and get another membership free ?

TheMatrix
There's a buy 1 take 1 on memberships right now in case any of you are interested

Anyway, I paid the 700p annual membership fee

What is the buy 1 take 1 membership ?

Buy 1 year and get another year free ?

Or

By 1 membership and get another membership free ?

Buy one membership, get another free. But beware, both memberships will still incur the annual renewal fees of 500-700p

• Admin (Retired)
broden

we go to sams here.. never been to a costco, never even seen one actually

anyway at sams they let you bring in one or two guests on your membership

they're not very strict about this i could take just my card and bring in for example a group that looked as if they were my family with out any trouble .. i assume costco in the states is the same way

any idea how how this will work at S&R? for example will husband and wife each need a membership to get in if tehy go together?

Forefall

we go to sams here.. never been to a costco, never even seen one actually

anyway at sams they let you bring in one or two guests on your membership

they're not very strict about this i could take just my card and bring in for example a group that looked as if they were my family with out any trouble .. i assume costco in the states is the same way

any idea how how this will work at S&R? for example will husband and wife each need a membership to get in if tehy go together?

Yeah, Costco is the same way.

I wish Costco was more wide-spread than Sams in the US... I hate the idea of supporting teh evil Walmart :)

JohnFromTexas

The Manila stores had a whole counter of cheeses.

It's not the variety of cheeses i'm looking for but cheese that is not super expensive (for what you get) due to being imported.

wellesley1995

Definitely interested to find out more...

Call S&R Shopping at 344-3399. Look for the Marketing Manager, she'll be more than happy to answer your questions.

wellesley1995

more facts please

Check out their website at www.snrshopping.com or give them a call at 344-3399.

I availed of their Buy 1 Membership Get 1 Free promo.

There's 2 types of memberships. Gold & Business. It only cost me P700 ($15) for the Gold Membership. 2 Gold Primary memberships for the price of 1. Great deal. I was told the promo just started this week. All I presented was a valid photo ID, filled out the application, they took my photo and presented me with my card in less than 5 mins.