Cebuano Language Club

... pamahaw ka duha... does it mean "breakfast for two"?

Usually very early morning is the coffee and 'pandesal' then after an hour or two depending on how early one wakes up in the morning is the real breakfast with rice and eggs or whatever, and usually coffee and bread will still be present for another round of coffee. We Filipinos seldom drink coffee without bread.....so bread again!!

Ok... then "... pamahaw ka duha..." means "two breakfasts"?

Salamat.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Balay

• Athena

• Paul

• Angie

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found this and hope it can help to those wanted to learn more bisayan language .... CebuanoStudyNotes.pdf

Balay

OFW Filipina

... pamahaw ka duha... does it mean "breakfast for two"?

Usually very early morning is the coffee and 'pandesal' then after an hour or two depending on how early one wakes up in the morning is the real breakfast with rice and eggs or whatever, and usually coffee and bread will still be present for another round of coffee. We Filipinos seldom drink coffee without bread.....so bread again!!

Ok... then "... pamahaw ka duha..." means "two breakfasts"?

Salamat.

YES.....

I found this and hope it can help to those wanted to learn more bisayan language ....

Thanks so much. There is 250 pages. I was wondering, Is Vasayan and Bisayan and Cebuano all the same language.

A_Simple_Man

I found this and hope it can help to those wanted to learn more bisayan language ....

Thanks so much. There is 250 pages. I was wondering, Is Vasayan and Bisayan and Cebuano all the same language.

There are 250pages but they have a search feature biggrin_01.gif

Binisaya Visayan (the language - same as Cebuano)

Bisaya Visayan (a person)

Bisaya Visayas (the group of islands)

Cebuano (Visayan)

Hiligaynon (Visayan)

Waray-Waray (Visayan)

SO if the document is correct, Bisayan is not a word? Or is it slang for Binisaya Visayan which is the same as Cebuano? And Visayan seems to be a collective of different dialects from around the Visayan geographical area? These are questions so I hope one of the native speakers will jump in and confirm or correct.

Bisaya Visayan (a person) / language - dialect but have to be prefixed, ie, mag bisaya ta - lets speak cebuano ....

Cebuano (Visayan)

Hiligaynon (Visayan)

Waray-Waray (Visayan)

SO if the document is correct, Bisayan is not a word? Or is it slang for Binisaya Visayan which is the same as Cebuano? And Visayan seems to be a collective of different dialects from around the Visayan geographical area? These are questions so I hope one of the native speakers will jump in and confirm or correct.

Youre right on tract ................ well done !!! :(

There are 250pages but they have a search feature biggrin_01.gif

Bisaya Visayan (a person)

Cebuano (Visayan)

Hiligaynon (Visayan)

Waray-Waray (Visayan)

SO if the document is correct, Bisayan is not a word?

Or is it slang for Binisaya Visayan which is the same as Cebuano? And Visayan seems to be a collective of different dialects from around the Visayan geographical area?

These are questions so I hope one of the native speakers will jump in and confirm or correct.

Binisaya Visayan (the language - same as Cebuano) --- When you say Binisaya, it means you're doing/saying something in the Visayan way. So "Binisaya Visayan" is redundant.

Bisaya Visayan (a person)--- refers to someone from the Visayas, can be a Cebuano, Ilonggo, Waray, again, this is redundant.

Bisaya Visayas (the group of islands)--- If you're referring to the group of islands, get rid of the word "Bisaya."

Cebuano (Visayan)--- Cebuano is just one of the languages spoken in Visayas, the other two are Hiligaynon and Waray-Waray.

Hiligaynon (Visayan)

Waray-Waray (Visayan)

SO if the document is correct, Bisayan is not a word? --- The letter V is not found in our alphabet, it's just used because of the Spaniards. I'm sure you've heard of the family names Villa, Revilla, we got them from the Spaniards. So if there are words with the letter V, we write them using the letter B instead.

Or is it slang for Binisaya Visayan which is the same as Cebuano? --- See explanation above.

And Visayan seems to be a collective of different dialects from around the Visayan geographical area? --- Visayan is the word used to describe the languages, not dialects, spoken in the Visayas region.

These are questions so I hope one of the native speakers will jump in and confirm or correct. --- I just did.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Did this group end up hapenning? If so, is it still going now? Where and when?