Why Do Older Men Date Younger Women?

USMC-Retired

The article only writes about the cons, the last sentence tells us that it is only about the money.

The web site is for old people, made by old people, so what do you expect?

May I ask how old you are and how old your GF/wife is?

People tend to read/post stuff they can relate to, so my guess is that your GF/wife is closer to your age, right?

LOL. Yeah, TIm. What are those answers, pal? :D

I just posted it I never said I agreed. There is a picture of my wife and I. As my profile picture. You can guess from there.

• Like 1
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamesMusslewhite

• Cipro

• Turbota

• Expat

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Exactly I am rich and drive luxury European cars and had, when I was single, no problem getting any 18+ "euro" or any other flavoured girlfriend - you young bucks should just shut the f*ck up and get

http://www.thirdage.com/dating/why-do-older-men-date-younger-women  

Posted Images

Paul

The article only writes about the cons, the last sentence tells us that it is only about the money.

The web site is for old people, made by old people, so what do you expect?

May I ask how old you are and how old your GF/wife is?

People tend to read/post stuff they can relate to, so my guess is that your GF/wife is closer to your age, right?

LOL. Yeah, TIm. What are those answers, pal? :D

I just posted it I never said I agreed. There is a picture of my wife and I. As my profile picture. You can guess from there.

Always been your view? :shit_stirrer::D

JohnFromTexas

1. Fantasy love fades. Usually within a year. At first, the geezer is in love with her looks and youthful spirit. Eventually, he realizes all they have in common is a roof over their heads, and he'll be off to look for a relationship with substance.

Response: Most relationships fade within the first year, whether the age difference is the same or not. So this is not really a reason... you might as well say don't have a relationship at all because it's probably not going to last. Any relationship is playing the odds and hoping for success.

2. Geezers may feel younger, but dating younger women won't make them younger. No matter how hard older men try to make the wrinkles disappear, the darn things keep showing up in the mirror.

Luckily us men get better looking with age :D We usually don't worry about wrinkles as much as women either :D I'll take feeling younger and getting older vs. feeling older and getting older.

3. Older men and younger women use each other, similar to a business arrangement. He's got money, assets, power, and security; she's got youth and beauty. If the money runs out, or someone richer comes along, she'll break the lease, leaving him with an empty wallet and his arms around a tree.

Yes, and this NEVER happens with people the same age. Women never date a guy their age because of his money or financial status right? And guys never pick the best looking women their age they can get, do they? :)

4. OK, maybe she's not using him. Perhaps she loves him because he's more patient, laid back, mature, gentle, and understanding than men her age. Still, she's likely considered his bucks at some point. I mean, you don't see younger women with destitute older men, do you?

Just say it, she's looking for a daddy figure. :) Once again, women the same age never leave a guy when the money runs out do they? And they always date guys with no jobs who are poor and never discriminate against them, right? :)

5. Different energy levels. At 10 p.m., he's wearing pajamas and falling asleep with a book in his hands and glasses on his nose. She's got on her dancing duds and is heading for the clubs. If he doesn't keep up, she might seek someone younger who's able to meet her needs.

This is just plain moronic. I am usually up til 4-5am. My wife goes to sleep between 9 and 10pm usually, sometimes earlier! When you go to sleep has zero to do wit your age. I'm also more likely to want to go hit a club than the wife is.

6. Different maturity levels. He's got maturity and knowledge that come only from living through years and experience. Bob Russell, a retiree in Phoenix said, "I took a younger woman to a movie. When I mentioned that the actor looked like Humphrey Bogart, she looked at me sweetly and said, 'Who is Humphrey Bogart?' After that, I dated women my own age."

Haven forbid you have a relationship where one person complements the other and can show them a thing or two about life. Wait, i thought these relationships had nothing to talk about because we have nothing in common? Or could it be her discovering these things gives you something to talk about/share... hmmmm.

7. Common goals and interests. He wants a golf cart to drive around the retirement community. She wants a Corvette with chrome wheels, and she's opening a flower shop with her girlfriend that requires working 60 hours a week.

Yeah, and in his fairy tale same age relationship, does the woman want to go golfing or out drinking with the guys? Never heard of an older guy who liked cars and wanted a corvette either... flower shop... what? i hope she does open a flower shop so she can take care of me in the style i've grown accustomed to - i'll take a sugar mama no problem :)

8. Lifestyles differ. Take children, for example. "I have two men friends in their late 50s who not only married younger women, but have conceived new babies. Imagine her, years from now, buying 'Depends' for him, and 'Pampers' for the babies. Not to mention the antidepressants for herself attempting to manage the two," said Ivory Dorsey, 54, of Mableton, Georgia.

First of all this makes no sense... if the children are born now she wouldn't be putting them in pampers, ms. smarty pants! Odds are she'll be buying him depends even if he's just a few years older :) and filipina women consider children a gift and blessing and don't need to take antidepressants, unlike american women :)

9. Stand by your man? Younger women may not stand by their older guys through the inevitable hard times that accompany growing old. And while pursuing younger women, guys miss out on meeting someone older who would have been there for them.

Because young women are horrible and old women are great right? Give me a break. Since when does age define morality or character.

This article is a good reason why men date women who are younger. They don't spend their time worrying about this crap :shit_stirrer:

smokey

your not looking for a job as a moral police person are you ??

Not at all.

I just said that I find it weird !

you mean your not bothered by renting to only sexy young girls but you find it weird when a older guy gets a hottie ??? maybe you want to think the reason young sexy girls like you is because your charming and a condo owning land lord... Who says money cant buy you love.?? dont fret there are lots of girls to go around..

Jack_be_nimble

Why do older men date younger women?

Huh? Is this a trick question?

Reason = it's a primal thing.

I find it amusing when older women cry foul while embracing the cougar/cub idea.

Edited by Jack_be_nimble

In addition to a big age gap, what I get weirded out is when I see a couple together and there is a big height and size difference. Like when the guy is really tall and big and the girl is short and petite.

When I see that, it looks like the guy is into kids ! Most likely he is but knows enough to keep above the legal age limits.

Sorry posted twice

Eagle

post-7269-127816044929_thumb.png

Edited by EAGLE

In addition to a big age gap, what I get weirded out is when I see a couple together and there is a big height and size difference. Like when the guy is really tall and big and the girl is short and petite.

When I see that, it looks like the guy is into kids ! Most likely he is but knows enough to keep above the legal age limits.

And what about the opposite ?? A BIG bird and Mr. Money He he he :D

Eagle

you mean your not bothered by renting to only sexy young girls but you find it weird when a older guy gets a hottie ???

That is not what I mean.

I find it weird when the guy is like 6 foot + and the girls is shorter than 4 foot !

I understand love is blind, but you should try to find someone who is around the same height ! I know that may be hard sometimes because a lot of Filipina girls are short ! So at least buy them elevator shoes if there is a big height difference !

the opposite ?? A BIG bird and Mr. Money He he he

Eagle

Now that is beyond weird. It is a fetish called macrophilia or giantness !

• Admin (Retired)
broden

your not looking for a job as a moral police person are you ??

Not at all.

I just said that I find it weird !

that's your right.. everyone is probably weirded out by something no big deal there

but i always find it interesting when people feel the need to write articles or just bitch piss moan or generally complain about other peoples relationships

i'm not talking about people having a problem with whoever their daughter or son may want to go out with ... but other peoples relationships in general .. why should i care

in fact i don't care .. i care about my relationship .. who i want to go out with, my wife really cares about that :D

i'm married if someone doesn't like who i'm married to no mater who that someone is .. i couldn't care less .. it's my life

people expend a lot of energy concerning themselves with other peoples personal lives

• Like 3

In Europe you won't see a 40-50 year old guy dating a 18-24 year old girl unless he is worth millions of

Edited by Expat

The%20tallest.jpg

And what about the opposite ?? A BIG bird and Mr. Money He he he

Eagle

You mean like this ?

easy44

In Europe you won't see a 40-50 year old guy dating a 18-24 year old girl unless he is worth millions of

• Like 1
Turbota

The%20tallest.jpg

You mean like this ?

Hey ... It's my old buddy "Harry the Horse"

Angeles City