BROILER/TOASTER OVEN

cebubird

Our little gas stove has an oven that according to instructions on it has a temp of 270. Obviously not much you can bake at that temp,plus there is not even a way to set temp.

Have only been able to find small ones that just good for making toast or heating small items.

Does anyone know of store that sells ones that are large enough to actually put a dish in and bake something?

Thanks in advance-

Bill

easy44

There is an oven called a "turbo oven" sold in many of the appliance stores. Apparently it is a convection oven. My partner recently bought one from a friend, but we haven't tried it yet. There are lots of toaster ovens available, but they aren't suitable for real baking.

shadow

There is an oven called a "turbo oven" sold in many of the appliance stores. Apparently it is a convection oven. My partner recently bought one from a friend, but we haven't tried it yet. There are lots of toaster ovens available, but they aren't suitable for real baking.

We have seen the turbo broilers in action, they seem to work very well. We have a larger toaster oven that we bought at Ayala 7 years ago. Works ok in a pinch, but as you say, not really adequate for real baking.

Larry in Dumaguete

The Mason

The turbo roasters are the way to go. They are convection overns and work very well for a variety of things. I've used ours to bake cakes, corn bread and muffins, whole chickens, fish, and a bunch of other things. We use ours 2-3 times per week and after 2 years its still going strong.

JohnFromTexas

We have a really big (for a toaster oven) electric oven made in the USA but sold here. You can get them in the housewares section at SM. Ours has burners on top and bottom that are selectable so you can use it to broil. I have not had any problems using it to bake anything. Have made baked potatos, roasted chicken & veggies, cakes, brownies, even a meatloaf. Only issue is it's not as big as a regular oven so it would be hard to cook something like a turkey inside. If you go to the department store at SM (4th floor i think) where the home appliances are they will have several options of the larger variety. Mine was the best value for the size I think it ended up being around $70-80. They had some more expensive ones in the $100-200 range that were maybe a bit nicer but I don't think much bigger. I'm very happy with mine. Yes, degrees are in C so you have to convert which is easy online.

Mine also came with a rotisserie and roasting pan for doing rotisserie chickens, tho I have not tried it for that yet.

One issue you will have is that these things take a LOT of electricity voltage. Expect that you will not be able to plug anything else in and running on the same socket at the same time, and if you need an extension cord, it needs to be rated for the proper voltage as it will burn out a lower range extension cord. I burnt one out, then got a nicer one but it kept tripping the circuit breaker at higher temps and finally on the 3rd try I found one that worked with no problems :cool_01:

Edited by Tex
easy44

The turbo roasters are the way to go. They are convection overns and work very well for a variety of things. I've used ours to bake cakes, corn bread and muffins, whole chickens, fish, and a bunch of other things. We use ours 2-3 times per week and after 2 years its still going strong.

That's good news! I need to get mine set up and try it. The gas oven on my LaGermania range does a piss poor job of baking.

thebob

I have a le Germania oven it's about 2x2x2 ft and is powered by LPG. It doesn't have a thermometer but the "gas marks" are graded for temperature.

I think it cost about 6,500. It takes a large turkey for those festive occasions.

senseless

I have a le Germania oven it's about 2x2x2 ft and is powered by LPG. It doesn't have a thermometer but the "gas marks" are graded for temperature.

I think it cost about 6,500. It takes a large turkey for those festive occasions.

Where did you find that at? I'm dying to make some meatloaf.

cebubird

Well "DUH" on me. Never thought about the oven being in celsious. I know how to convert from one to the other, but that still leaves me with an oven that you just turn on and have no way to control the temp. When its on-its on.

Anyway thanks for reminding me about the temp, Paul, and thanks to rest of you for your tips. I like the sound of that large broiler/oven that costs about 6-7000.

Thanks again to all of you.

thebob

Where did you find that at? I'm dying to make some meatloaf.

Just ask at any appliance center. Le Germania is one of the most common brands and their basic oven is the cheapest thing in the catalog.

Turbota

[ If ] you have the room and want to bake something in an oven, why not get a regular size gas stove with oven?

I bought a Le Germania here 4 years ago. Even shipped it down here to Bacolod from Angeles City when I moved ... works great and has 5 burners on top.

As others have said here already, they are very common here in the Philippines. You can buy various sizes at all the larger appliance stores.

Here is the one we installed, and it's big enough to roast a big turkey in.

StoveOven.jpg

JamesMusslewhite

Have you considered building an old fashion wood burning "Clay Brick Oven"? They are inexpensive and easy to build, plus being low maintenance to operate make them an excellent investment. They are superb for baking breads and are unsurpassed when making homemade pizzas. I am presently designing and will be building one with an adjoining double grill, adjustable rotisserie, and large smoker box. It can be an attractive centerpiece of any patio area and a great addition to a household.

Good sites on the basics of building a clay oven.

My link

My link

My link

cebubird

[ If ] you have the room and want to bake something in an oven, why not get a regular size gas stove with oven?

I bought a Le Germania here 4 years ago. Even shipped it down here to Bacolod from Angeles City when I moved ... works great and has 5 burners on top.

As others have said here already, they are very common here in the Philippines. You can buy various sizes at all the larger appliance stores.

Here is the one we installed, and it's big enough to roast a big turkey in.

Love your beautiful modern kitchen!! Well Actually what is in this house is a Le germania 3 burner with oven, but there is is no temp control, just some kind of minute timer chart on door that makes ABSOLUTELY no sense to me.

StoveOven.jpg

cebubird

Have you considered building an old fashion wood burning "Clay Brick Oven"? They are inexpensive and easy to build, plus being low maintenance to operate make them an excellent investment. They are superb for baking breads and are unsurpassed when making homemade pizzas. I am presently designing and will be building one with an adjoining double grill, adjustable rotisserie, and large smoker box. It can be an attractive centerpiece of any patio area and a great addition to a household.

Good sites on the basics of building a clay oven.

My linkJames if I had my own home, I certainly love your idea!!!

My link

My link