Sign in to follow this  
cebubird

BLOOD REQUEST

cebubird

Dont know if this is right or not, but need blood for mother in law who was taken to South General in Naga today.

She has some type of anemia and had to transported from argao today and needs complete transfusion. We fronted the money

to get her there and admitted but could sure use some donors. Guess she has A-pos-I have A-neg and the txt/translations Im receiving say it doesnt matter. And that doesnt make sense to me, but this is the Philippines. 5k a pint doesnt make sense to me either. seems like first world prices to me.

Anyway, the lady went thru this earlier this year and almost died and was supposed to stay on medication to prevent a re-occurrence of this illness. She got better and decided couldnt afford medication anymore. familia refrain.

Anyway, if several in that area could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

cebubird

HAD TO HAVE THE BLOOD BY TODAY-SO JUST TAKE THIS POST DOWN

Paul

My apologies, Bill. I didn't see this because I had this forum category collapsed. I must have missed the notification.

How is she doing?

cebuadvisor

i hope she will be fine,,,donating a blood is good for the body so for those interested pls try to donate as long as you are qualified...

cebubird

i hope she will be fine,,,donating a blood is good for the body so for those interested pls try to donate as long as you are qualified...

Too bad nobody did, I forked up the money for it yesterday. The "rich" American with his little SS and VA disability. Thanks anyway.

I sort of half way hoped that since so many live in that area maybe one or two would come forth.

at least I know if I ever need blood, I can tell my wife no need to ask on here. This woman has common a-pos and I have a-neg, so I would really just be up the proverbial tributary without adequate means of transportation.

bikerdave

Bill I hope that you are aware that donors also have to pay for screening and other tests. Did you try the red cross? Rotary clubs etc. You seem very bitter that members didnt just drop everything and rush to your aid. Members have businesses and personal lives also. Your comment was a bit harsh there.and uncalled for Mate

• Like 1

cebubird

Sorry about that.

Mostly angry with system.

I know that ignorance is endemic here-but just found out we have to buy more blood and it costs more cause she is in hospital without her "senior citizen" card. the woman is in critical condition and is 70 years old, and she needs a blee;ping card to prove she is a

SENIOR CITIZEN. U N B E L I E V A B L E.

So sorry if I offended anyone.

Paul
Bill I hope that you are aware that donors also have to pay for screening and other tests. Did you try the red cross? Rotary clubs etc. You seem very bitter that members didnt just drop everything and rush to your aid. Members have businesses and personal lives also. Your comment was a bit harsh there.and uncalled for Mate

I have donated blood for others here on a number of occasions. I have never had to pay even one centavo for anything, other than my transportation to get to the hospital.

Cary

Bill

My wishes go out to her. I mean that. Also I've seen during the 7+ months on this Forum members really do step up an help when they can. Hopefully, with a posting like this more will donate. I for one have been a solid donor at the UCLA blood and platelets for over 20+ years and I hope and plan to do the same now that I am here in the RP. Again good luck to her and please keep us posted.

• Like 1

Steve

Bill

I also want to apologize. I never seen the posting or else I would have made a large announcement on the portal just like Paul would have. I've made some changes to the posting of requests asking that the member posting send a message to Paul or myself. I have also subscribed to the forum to receive notifications upon new topics.

I am sure that anyone here that can, will help and donate if you still need blood.

bikerdave

I have donated blood for others here on a number of occasions. I have never had to pay even one centavo for anything, other than my transportation to get to the hospital.

Yes that is mostly correct. The screening/testing fees are added to the patients bill. Anyhow byrdman I hope she will be okay. I wish her well

JamesMusslewhite

Too bad nobody did, I forked up the money for it yesterday. The "rich" American with his little SS and VA disability. Thanks anyway.

I sort of half way hoped that since so many live in that area maybe one or two would come forth.

at least I know if I ever need blood, I can tell my wife no need to ask on here. This woman has common a-pos and I have a-neg, so I would really just be up the proverbial tributary without adequate means of transportation.

Too bad it did not post in time. Paul explained what happened. I am sure members would have spent their money and time to travel to the hospital, so you would not have had to spend any of your little SS or VA disability. I am sure that if posted in time you would have been so inconsiderately burdened. Thanks for the implied insult to all of the Cebu living members of the forum.

After the classy comments of yours, you just might be right, maybe it would be just a waist of time for YOU to request emergency help. It sounds like you are mainly hurt that you had to spend some of your money, and the hospital did not sell you precious life given blood at bargain-basement prices.

I now wonder being only on a little VA Disability check myself, that if it was me or my family in such need, if you would have come yourself?

Daisy

I may have not reply in here but I am doing my own search for the blood. I'm just awaiting right timing for me to ask another cards in my Church for this case as it was just very recently that I sent 4 cards there in Cebu courtesy of CCF's Precious Blood Ministry.

Bill, I agree with the system being very poor and I understand your desperation ....I might be able to get cards tomorrow, please let me know where to send it thru LBC. Please text me at 09204388883.

What you will do with the card/s is to bring it the RED CROSS Center and swap it with blood. It's equivalent to one donor per card.

Edited by Daisy