Manila to Tacloban options

Jester

I know I can take Cebu Pacific or PAL from Manila to Tacloban. Are there any other options, Bus, Boat, Train, teleportation?? JIm

(ok I really don't think there is a train :biggrin_01: )

KennyF

I guess you could ferry to Cebu and then Fastcat to Tacloban

KinAC

easy44

I don't think there are any fast ferries to Tacloban, only slow ones.

Mailman

PAL from Manila to Tacloban is no problem. I think they have a daily flight.

KennyF

I don't think there are any fast ferries to Tacloban, only slow ones.

Sorry guys, my bad, I was thinking of Tagbilaran.

KinAC

Well, they both start with a "T" don't they? And end with an "n" right?

udonthani

I'm pretty sure there are no direct ferries to Tacloban any more. I think Sulpicio used to do this route.

Tacloban's ferry terminal is decidely small considering it's the largest city in the region of Leyte and Samar. It seems to be geared much more to freight than passenger traffic. I don't think you can even take a ferry from there direct to Cebu either, again I think at one time you used to be able to and there was a night ferry.

flying with either Cebu Pacific or PAL is surely your best bet. There's the bus of course, that takes 24 hours from Pasay city's bus terminal.

Jim Sibbick

I'm pretty sure there are no direct ferries to Tacloban any more. I think Sulpicio used to do this route.

Tacloban's ferry terminal is decidely small considering it's the largest city in the region of Leyte and Samar. It seems to be geared much more to freight than passenger traffic. I don't think you can even take a ferry from there direct to Cebu either, again I think at one time you used to be able to and there was a night ferry.

flying with either Cebu Pacific or PAL is surely your best bet. There's the bus of course, that takes 24 hours from Pasay city's bus terminal.

I nearly agree with all this!

The regular services seem to have disappeared but Trans Asia still has a once a week cargo ship from Cebu City, that accepts passengers.

http://www.transasiashipping.com/destinations/tacloban/tacloban.html

If you take KennyF's suggestion, you can still go by Superferry

http://www.superferry.com.ph/

to Cebu City but the Supercat

http://www.supercat.com.ph/

goes from Cebu City to Ormoc City.

In Ormoc City, you can get a bus, v-hire or private van to Tacloban

Regards: Jim Sibbick

I think you are right.....

either the bus for 24 hrs or fly in 1 hr 10 mins..... I travel down to Maasin after the flight to Tacloban.... that's another 3.5 hours.... I see plenty of countryside during the drive down, no-way would I take the bus unless I had to.

Jester

Thanks for the responses. 24 hours on a bus is not my cup of tea. 8 hours might be a nice trip, I'm not in a hurry, but not 24. I like the overnight boat from Cebu to Naval. But will fly to Tacloban. JIm