Sign in to follow this  
Edward

Diving Agencies

Edward

Is the I.D.E.A. diving certification accepted in the Philippines? To make a long story short I was going through a PADI course and had

a major head cold during my check out dives and could not clear so it was the fall of the year and we decided to put off the

check out dives until spring. well in December the dive shop closed and I am still not certified and I have found a couple places

that offer IDEA certification and I would like to know if that agency has any instructors in the Philippines or should I find a

PADI dive shop. Just in case I want to further my education on my next trip.

Thanks for any help in this matter

Edward

Paul

Edward, I haven't been certified myself, but I do know this. There are a lot of divers, and a number of members of this forum who can get you certified, for sure.

I suppose the primary question that needs answering here is, where will you be staying, while in the Philippines? One closest to that location would probably be best for you?

SkyMan

I dive with PADI instructor Jens Hoffman and I am not financially associated with him. He dives and instructs in Maragondon Mactan. He offers the best prices on instruction I was able to find when shopping for instruction for my wife. He also offers the best priced dive trips in the area. Most dives ops I've seen charge for a 2 tank dive the same or more than Jens charges for a 3 tank dive and they will tell you to pack your own lunch. Jens goes out and after the first dive there is pinapple and bananas. When you come up from the second dive you smell the grill and there is chicken and fish soda and more fruit. After the third dive maybe some beer. You can't beat it.

Edited by SkyMan

Rogersea

Edward,

IDEA is a legitimate although very small certifying organization. If that is the only course you can take before coming to the philippines I would recommend you finishing your cert there. You can always take an Advanced Course while here in the Philippines if you want some additional training.

I would recommend just making sure you have your permanent certification card when you come, and not a temporary card. Good luck.

Cheers,

Roger Carraway

PADI Master Instructor