when applying for a visa for your wife remember where you are..

smokey

Well the process started in sept. 2009 and as the paperwork crawls thru you hurry up and wait.. Well in March my wife had her physical at ST Luke

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• The Mason

• shadow

• Turbota

Robert,

First, keep up the good fight. Since U live there U are better prepare to jump thru all of the hoops. I am sure nothing surprises U anymore. Why would anyone think they need the complete annulment legal file for a medical appointment? Why would U bring it with U from Cebu if U were not told to in advance?

Imagine how it is for someone living in another country and getting this information piecemeal from a confused fiance having to get more money to fly back and forth and stay at a hotel each time, and finding out that they still need more trips because of crazy request from St Luke's personal It is almost liket they are just trying to sabotage the whole process.

Good Luck...

smokey

Robert,

First, keep up the good fight. Since U live there U are better prepare to jump thru all of the hoops. I am sure nothing surprises U anymore. Why would anyone think they need the complete annulment legal file for a medical appointment? Why would U bring it with U from Cebu if U were not told to in advance?

Imagine how it is for someone living in another country and getting this information piecemeal from a confused fiance having to get more money to fly back and forth and stay at a hotel each time, and finding out that they still need more trips because of crazy request from St Luke's personal It is almost liket they are just trying to sabotage the whole process.

Good Luck...

my wife meet a girl from davao who is married to a guy in AZ ... she told my wife the guy send her 8,000p a month and she asked for a little extra for meals here in manila and he sent her 800peos for the 5 days i wonder if he is in this forum/// you know tim the people who treat the Filappano the worst is other Filappanos they are so jealous of each other give one a little power and it goes to their head ... my wife waited a few hours yesterday for the in charge to sign a paper because they were on break

Edited by robert51
Headshot

The bad part about this story is that it's the US government that's running you and your wife up the flagpole on this process. You can't even blame an inept Philippine government for this crap.

MattFromGA

God forbid an American citizen would want to take their wife of 3+ years back home. Gotta love the US Feds! Though you do need to give them a break as there are lots of illegal Mexicans that need their amnesty papers to be approved while they work illegally at Sams Club and get free medical at hospitals while my US born children get screwed with ultra-high medical payments for their doctor's visit from cheaply paid Filipino doctors just arrived in the US from Cebu. Ok, someone needs to pay for the political poo-poo sound bytes about saving the economy while oil drips on my lovely Dustin beaches. Well, maybe not sound bytes, but for sure someone's tax dollars were used to pay to shine Obama's golf balls on the back nine.

Dont worry Robert51, they just want to make sure your wife isnt gonna come back strapped with a bomb in her shoe.

Its not "only in the Philippines" in this case, it's the US what make you do that.

I applied for the visa for my wife at the swiss embassy on may 25. We had all the papers and forms as specified, needed some extra photcopies, paid some pesos and where told in 8-12 weeks she's going to have her visa. No "interview" was done, all they wanted is to see her in person. No health check.

Next hurdle will probably be the CFO Seminar and papers.

There can be troubles with Swiss authorities though I have heard. The Embassy really doesn't do much except check if the application is complete and check the NSO papers, then the swiss need to grant my wife the residence permit and if they do she gets the visa.

The Mason

The Philippines is regarded as a country with a high rate of visa fraud, so its harder than normal to get a visa issued here. They deliberately put up extra barriers to help them catch the fraudulent applications.

Robert...please post your experience with the interview when you have it.

I'm in a similar situation as you (living for several years in the Philippines) and I'm concerned about passing the domicile requirement. Any info you have on the interview will be appreciated.

smokey

The Philippines is regarded as a country with a high rate of visa fraud, so its harder than normal to get a visa issued here. They deliberately put up extra barriers to help them catch the fraudulent applications.

I'm in a similar situation as you (living for several years in the Philippines) and I'm concerned about passing the domicile requirement. Any info you have on the interview will be appreciated.

THE INTERVIEW...

we had a 8.30 appointment today but it seems EVERYONE has the same appointment so in normal style its hurry up and wait... first window we find out our bio is written on the old form and not the new form so it must be done again to the back of the line.... next she is called for fingerprinting... no problem then she is called ((( 2 hours later for a pre interview.. paperwork is looked at and for the first time i find out i need to pay another 400 dollars as the first 400 was for the application this 400 is for the visa itself... good thing i did not trust the hotel and carried my money ... next hurry up and wait for the interview we finally get called its now 11.30 and the girl looks over our stuff ... she shoots questions to the wife ... what is your husbands birthday .. then she says sir i want your wife to ans these questions ... mam how many times has your husband been married before you ???? 2 ok ... what did he do before he came to the Philippines for work???? ok what day were you married ?? ok how many children does he have ??? 2 ok and their birthdays are ??? then we find out we are LACKING two documents first a NBI clearance from her old name before she was ever married ... and second a copy of my 1 st divorce which i did not have .. i said but that was from the 70sss she said oh yes i understand but we still need a copy.... so how do i find a copy of a divorce from 1975 in california any ideas... when we have these papers we can come back again or trust the mail to finish the interview...

mikejwoodnz

Yes Robert51 that was our experience also with the NZ Embassy although we had a simple history (I was a widower and my fiance had never been married or had a relationship or children) so we got to the end of the obstructions a little quicker but they still spitefully (my opinion) held up the issuing of the Visa until I had left the Philippines making it just that little bit harder to get the airline tickets.

Now a NEW NIGHTMARE TO BE AWARE OF - when an older or expiring or expired passport is changed to the new Electronic (enabled) Passport - THE VISA, RESIDENCY ETC DOES NOT CARRY OVER to the new passport AND MUST BE REAPPLIED FOR ! Make sure you get the old passport back (with the stamps etc) then take a deep breath and start re-applying ASP banghead.gif

shadow

THE INTERVIEW...

we had a 8.30 appointment today but it seems EVERYONE has the same appointment so in normal style its hurry up and wait... first window we find out our bio is written on the old form and not the new form so it must be done again to the back of the line.... next she is called for fingerprinting... no problem then she is called ((( 2 hours later for a pre interview.. paperwork is looked at and for the first time i find out i need to pay another 400 dollars as the first 400 was for the application this 400 is for the visa itself... good thing i did not trust the hotel and carried my money ... next hurry up and wait for the interview we finally get called its now 11.30 and the girl looks over our stuff ... she shoots questions to the wife ... what is your husbands birthday .. then she says sir i want your wife to ans these questions ... mam how many times has your husband been married before you ???? 2 ok ... what did he do before he came to the Philippines for work???? ok what day were you married ?? ok how many children does he have ??? 2 ok and their birthdays are ??? then we find out we are LACKING two documents first a NBI clearance from her old name before she was ever married ... and second a copy of my 1 st divorce which i did not have .. i said but that was from the 70sss she said oh yes i understand but we still need a copy.... so how do i find a copy of a divorce from 1975 in california any ideas... when we have these papers we can come back again or trust the mail to finish the interview...

You can get a copy of the divorce from the county clerks office where the divorce was obtained. It is a matter of public record so anyone can walk in there and get it for you, and some CC will mail it (for a small fee).

Once you go through the DCF a few times, it is pretty straightforward.

Larry in Dumaguete

shadow

WHICH domicile requirement? If you are filing DCF, (direct Consular filing) there is a domicile requirement for both the Philippines and the US.

Generally what they want for Philippines domicile requirement is absolute proof that you live here. A 13A visa is helpful but not required. If you have leases, bills, autos, etc. in your name for several years here this will generally be enough.

As for US domicile, they want to see that you have a home to go to. It does not have to be yours, the home of a friend/relative will be fine. Motel 6 will not qualify. At the interview just tell them that you will be staying with the friend/relative until you get your own place.

Larry in Dumaguete

I have just started the U.S. IR-1 imigrant visa process for my wife. Since I hold a 13a permanent residence visa here in the PI, I can file the IR-1 visa directly though the U.S. Embassy using the "Direct Consular File" (DCF) option.

I was told that it tkes about 8 months to get her IR-1 visa approved by using the DCF option (instead of the regular 1 year wait) .... we shall see.

Anyway, about 2 weeks ago we went to the Embassy and submitted all the paperwork.

Here is how it went so far:

To initially file for this visa, bring the below listed documents to the U.S. Embassy in Manila on Monday through Friday between 8:00am and 12:00pm to window 35: No appointment is necessary. Total time I spent at the Embassy was approx. 1.5 hours.

If you have any questions, call the Dept. of Homeland Security at 02-301-2000 Ext: 2224 or 2379

1. I-130 application.

2. G-325A application (myself) with 2 passport photos (2

hello,...

what a very irritating experience to get a visa for the filipina wife...

it only proves that the Philippine Government lucks credibility to other countries and the people suffers so much.

that's one reason why many filipinos changes their nationality to host country to avoid those inconviniences.

I hope Philippine government changes for the better.

mikejwoodnz

hello,...

what a very irritating experience to get a visa for the filipina wife...

it only proves that the Philippine Government lucks credibility to other countries and the people suffers so much.

that's one reason why many filipinos changes their nationality to host country to avoid those inconviniences.

I hope Philippine government changes for the better.

Issuing the Visa is done by the Country you are applying for - not the Philippine Government - they have all adopted a Philippine Mindset" notallthere.gif tho

WHICH domicile requirement? If you are filing DCF, (direct Consular filing) there is a domicile requirement for both the Philippines and the US.

Generally what they want for Philippines domicile requirement is absolute proof that you live here. A 13A visa is helpful but not required. If you have leases, bills, autos, etc. in your name for several years here this will generally be enough.

As for US domicile, they want to see that you have a home to go to. It does not have to be yours, the home of a friend / relative will be fine. Motel 6 will not qualify. At the interview just tell them that you will be staying with the friend/relative until you get your own place.

Larry in Dumaguete

That's true .... When you file your Affidavit of Support (Form I-864), that is where you need to show your domicile address in the U.S.

If you don't actually have a house or apartment of your own in the U.S. (or a lease contract) to show them, then you need to attach a letter to the Form I-864 explaining some of the following info (this letter is explained in the I-864 instructions):

Here is a copy of the letter I will attach to my Form I-864 when the time comes to submit the form (I hope it's good enough):

ResidencyLetter.jpg