Coming to Cebu

cebubird

Glad to see ur still alive Roger.

I second wht you said-there are blackouts every EVERY single day in the city, and rare here in the "boonies" where we rent a 2 story 5 bedroom 4 bath house with 2 car garage and 2 maids rooms for $330.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AFE6

• D_D

• tim

• RogerDuMond

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you want to watch grass grow and paint dry..then go stay near Roger in the boonies.. its about all he can handle, you sound a bit smarter than that though.   Roger's claim to fame is that is that

Please be complete with your description. Yes she is a housekeeper and she makes $80,000 per year plus benefits doing it.   Anytime you would like to match intellectual prowess junior let me know.

roger honest work is honest work and it is always something to be proud of.. don't sweat it

Well - you can get a nice condo to rent for about $600-$800 in the city center or a house in the boonies where blackouts are daily for $300 or so.

AFE6 welcome to the forum. Thank you for your service and don't listen to Dave. Our home is in the boonies on the west coast of Cebu and we don't have the brownouts that plague Cebu.

:thumbsup:

Welcome to the site AFE6,

Name is Ned here, and I'll be in Cebu during the same time you will be. I'll also be joining the 4th of July party, being set up, so hopefully I can meet up with you there. Thanks for your service and have a great trip to Cebu. I love it there.

Ned

Connecticut,USA / Toledo City, Cebu

Hi Ned,

My name is Ray. I am really looking forward to visiting Cebu but was pissed I had to take my mid-tour during the 4th. Now I am really looking forward to going. I talked to my little brother (stationed in Osan AFB, Seoul) last night and I a trying to get him to come too. I look forward to meeting you. I will be wearing a yellow rose...bwaaa haa haa. Just kidding, I'll be the big, tattooed, and scarred up bald guy holding 2 beers and a burger. See ya soon

Hey Ray, both my brother and I are coming into Cebu at the end of June and will be at the 4 of July party. Tell your brother to fly into Cebu on KAL...only about 4 - 6 hours and he will get there about 11 pm at night...still plenty of time to party.

If U do not mind saying, where are U planning to stay?...we are at the Diplomat Hotel ... Mango area.

My brother was station in Korea on the DMZ during the late 60's. Sent there TDY from Clark AFB, PI. I was station in TX (AF) in the early 70's. When I was sent to Lackland AFB for basic training - Lackland, now that a name from the past - ..lol.. he was getting out of the Air Force. Both of us are retired now, (not from the Military), so it is all good.

Anyway Good luck on your trip and hope to see U in Cebu.

Edited by tim
cebuadvisor

WELCOME amigo!!! enjoy your time here and i guess u need to listen to these friendly expats here for their advices specially with the GF thing scratch_head.gif ..cheer up!!!! be ready with the climate here its getin rainy soon,,i mean even now,,but then just relax and feel free to communicate in here..T.C!!

Welcome to the site AFE6,

Name is Ned here, and I'll be in Cebu during the same time you will be. I'll also be joining the 4th of July party, being set up, so hopefully I can meet up with you there. Thanks for your service and have a great trip to Cebu. I love it there.

Ned

Connecticut,USA / Toledo City, Cebu

Hi Ned,

My name is Ray. I am really looking forward to visiting Cebu but was pissed I had to take my mid-tour during the 4th. Now I am really looking forward to going. I talked to my little brother (stationed in Osan AFB, Seoul) last night and I a trying to get him to come too. I look forward to meeting you. I will be wearing a yellow rose...bwaaa haa haa. Just kidding, I'll be the big, tattooed, and scarred up bald guy holding 2 beers and a burger. See ya soon

Hey Ray, both my brother and I are coming into Cebu at the end of June and will be at the 4 of July party. Tell your brother to fly into Cebu on KAL...only about 4 - 6 hours and he will get there about 11 pm at night...still plenty of time to party.

If U do not mind saying, where are U planning to stay?...we are at the Diplomat Hotel ... Mango area.

My brother was station in Korea on the DMZ during the late 60's. Sent there TDY from Clark AFB, PI. I was station in TX (AF) in the early 70's. When I was sent to Lackland AFB for basic training - Lackland, now that a name from the past - ..lol.. he was getting out of the Air Force. Both of us are retired now, (not from the Military), so it is all good.

Anyway Good luck on your trip and hope to see U in Cebu.

Lackland....now that was a while ago. I am staying at the Diplomat too. They had good deals so I sprang for a suite. I just wish they had a pool. I will check in on the 4th so if you want to head to the party together or do some pre-gaming, my name is Ray Stetler. Just ask the front desk to buzz my room or give you the room number. I am not sure if my brother can make it but if he does, I found round trip tickets with Cebu Pacific for $240 round trip out of Busan. See you soon.

Ray

BTW.. I just loaded a new video on www.youtube.com Do a search for PullnPudd and check out my drinkin skills.

steve wales

i will be in cebu on the 6th of july and staying there for a few weeks.. its my first time there too.... is if you fancy meeting for a drink on day..

so we can compare notes on the place that would be great...

you can email me at [email protected] as i will be checking my email while i am there....

hope to meet and chat soon...

steve from north wales UK...

Well - you can get a nice condo to rent for about $600-$800 in the city center or a house in the boonies where blackouts are daily for $300 or so.

AFE6 welcome to the forum. Thank you for your service and don't listen to Dave. Our home is in the boonies on the west coast of Cebu and we don't have the brownouts that plague Cebu.

If you want to watch grass grow and paint dry..then go stay near Roger in the boonies.. its about all he can handle, you sound a bit smarter than that though.

Roger's claim to fame is that is that his wife cleans toilets for rich people.

Edited by Daves7

i will be in cebu on the 6th of july and staying there for a few weeks.. its my first time there too.... is if you fancy meeting for a drink on day..

so we can compare notes on the place that would be great...

you can email me at [email protected] as i will be checking my email while i am there....

hope to meet and chat soon...

steve from north wales UK...

Love too. Like I said before, I am staying at the Diplomat Hotel. From what I have heard, it's a good hotel with a great location. North Wales huh? In November, when my tour here in Korea is finished, I am transferring to RAF Molesworth near Huntington, England. One thing I am REALLY looking forward to is being in a country that speaks English. See you soon.

RogerDuMond

If you want to watch grass grow and paint dry..then go stay near Roger in the boonies.. its about all he can handle, you sound a bit smarter than that though.

Please be complete with your description. Yes she is a housekeeper and she makes $80,000 per year plus benefits doing it.

Anytime you would like to match intellectual prowess junior let me know.

• Like 1
mello874

Welcome, Do not worry. I am sure you will find someone at Robinsons to help you with your retirement. Good Luck.

cebuadvisor

Please be complete with your description. Yes she is a housekeeper and she makes $80,000 per year plus benefits doing it.

wow thats a great income...why not???rolleyes.gif

1 person banned from topic for personal attacks. Let's refrain from them!

RogerDuMond

wow thats a great income...why not???rolleyes.gif

Yes it is, but it entails much more than cleaning toilets. The inside staff used to consist of five people; two housekeepers, a butler, a house manager, and a chef. She now does the job of all but the chef and she is in charge of what he does. The owners of the home and or guests are only in town about 12 weeks out of the year, but when they are, she works on average 16 hours per day seven days per week. It is great pay, but she earns every penny of it.

Back to the topic though. Many areas in the boonies (smaller towns away from Cebu) don't have the problems with brownouts that plague Cebu. This is probably due to less use of power in these areas.

Edited by RogerDuMond
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

roger honest work is honest work and it is always something to be proud of.. don't sweat it

• Like 1