Coming to Cebu

Hi all.

I am getting ready to take my vacation in Cebu and while gathering info on the area I stumbled onto this site. I am in the US Air Force and am due to retire in 4 years. Every year I go to a new place to try to find were I will live out my retired life and this year is Cebu. I want to thank Paul for all the advice and information he gave me and thank you guys for all your informative posts. I will fly in on the 3rd of July and will stay until the 13th. From what I have seen and heard about Cebu, I may be spending much more time there in the future.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AFE6

• D_D

• tim

• RogerDuMond

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you want to watch grass grow and paint dry..then go stay near Roger in the boonies.. its about all he can handle, you sound a bit smarter than that though.   Roger's claim to fame is that is that

Please be complete with your description. Yes she is a housekeeper and she makes $80,000 per year plus benefits doing it.   Anytime you would like to match intellectual prowess junior let me know.

roger honest work is honest work and it is always something to be proud of.. don't sweat it

redman69

First thanks for your service to my country. It is hot in CEBU, But it has like 2 million people and lots to see and do. You can fish all over PI. For me a man thinking of retirement. Cebu has hospitals close. Has some expats to talk shit too. Has cheap help who can cook and clean and do nutrien and of course the Catholic Church. I am a bad Catholic, But still a Catholic. Being old and looking toward to the rest of my life. I like to have that around me. ON SUNDAY of course.

KennyF

I think you will like it here..

KinAC

First thanks for your service to my country. It is hot in CEBU, But it has like 2 million people and lots to see and do. You can fish all over PI. For me a man thinking of retirement. Cebu has hospitals close. Has some expats to talk shit too. Has cheap help who can cook and clean and do nutrien and of course the Catholic Church. I am a bad Catholic, But still a Catholic. Being old and looking toward to the rest of my life. I like to have that around me. ON SUNDAY of course.

When you say "HOT", are you talking about the weather or the women? I've been to Iraq 4 times so hot weather doesn't bother me. I worry more about the girls. I'm not as young as I once was and I am worried about keeping up. BTW, I have seen the term "expats" used allot, what does that mean? OK, one more question....When I retire I will only be making about $2400 a month until I turn 65 and social security (if it's still around by then) kicks in. How would my quality of life be with that income? That's one of the most important aspects of my decision on were to retire.

Ray

When you say "HOT", are you talking about the weather or the women? I've been to Iraq 4 times so hot weather doesn't bother me. I worry more about the girls. I'm not as young as I once was and I am worried about keeping up. BTW, I have seen the term "expats" used allot, what does that mean? OK, one more question....When I retire I will only be making about $2400 a month until I turn 65 and social security (if it's still around by then) kicks in. How would my quality of life be with that income? That's one of the most important aspects of my decision on were to retire.

Ray

Well - you can get a nice condo to rent for about $600-$800 in the city center or a house in the boonies where blackouts are daily for $300 or so. in the city taxis are cheap ..no need for a car.. $1-$2 will cover most rides within the city. Dinner at a nice rest is $10.. $2- $5 for moderate.. so imho, you can live quite well as long assssssssssss you dont start supporting some pretty girl's family.

If your smart, you will find a nice GF who is non -parasitic..self supporting etc.. and not after your $. That will require some sorting and trial and error.

Edited by Daves7

Ray

Well - you can get a nice condo to rent for about $600-$800 in the city center or a house in the boonies where blackouts are daily for $300 or so. in the city taxis are cheap ..no need for a car.. $1-$2 will cover most rides within the city. Dinner at a nice rest is $10.. $2- $5 for moderate.. so imho, you can live quite well as long assssssssssss you dont start supporting some pretty girl's family.

I got to the last sentence and I spit my coffee all over my desk! That's some funny shit. Paul basically told me the EXACT same thing. It must really be a problem down there. BTW...am I allowed to say "shit" on this forum?

Welcome to the site AFE6,

Name is Ned here, and I'll be in Cebu during the same time you will be. I'll also be joining the 4th of July party, being set up, so hopefully I can meet up with you there. Thanks for your service and have a great trip to Cebu. I love it there.

Ned

Connecticut,USA / Toledo City, Cebu

Welcome to the site AFE6,

Name is Ned here, and I'll be in Cebu during the same time you will be. I'll also be joining the 4th of July party, being set up, so hopefully I can meet up with you there. Thanks for your service and have a great trip to Cebu. I love it there.

Ned

Connecticut,USA / Toledo City, Cebu

Hi Ned,

My name is Ray. I am really looking forward to visiting Cebu but was pissed I had to take my mid-tour during the 4th. Now I am really looking forward to going. I talked to my little brother (stationed in Osan AFB, Seoul) last night and I a trying to get him to come too. I look forward to meeting you. I will be wearing a yellow rose...bwaaa haa haa. Just kidding, I'll be the big, tattooed, and scarred up bald guy holding 2 beers and a burger. See ya soon

fanboat

Ray

hello ray,

12 trips a month spend at the silver dollar(3300 a trip)the girls love fried chicken dinner,and you will love them long time memories.

have fun.

erik

RogerDuMond

Well - you can get a nice condo to rent for about $600-$800 in the city center or a house in the boonies where blackouts are daily for $300 or so.

AFE6 welcome to the forum. Thank you for your service and don't listen to Dave. Our home is in the boonies on the west coast of Cebu and we don't have the brownouts that plague Cebu.