Sign in to follow this  
Alan S

Balikbayan boxes

smokey

here is the only limit    empty wallet

Edited by smokey

Enuff

Most of this information seems old, I am headed to the states, Harrisburg, PA to be exact and I want to send some items using a Balikbayan Box

Can anyone give me some suggestions of who to talk to here and I have an idea of some of the restrictions, but please help me out. In total I will be sending two boxes perhaps three, is there a limit?

i use global cargo in nj, only a 2 hr trip from Harrisburg.

$42 per carton (28" × 18" × 17")

no weight limit and delivered in about 2 months

i have sent about 15 to cebu and 1 to leyte with zero issues.

http://globalcargomoversllc.com/#2948

• Like 1

BARNZ

i use global cargo in nj, only a 2 hr trip from Harrisburg.

$42 per carton (28" × 18" × 17")

no weight limit and delivered in about 2 months

i have sent about 15 to cebu and 1 to leyte with zero issues.

http://globalcargomoversllc.com/#2948

Thanks I will check them out.

• Like 1

SkyMan

In total I will be sending two boxes perhaps three, is there a limit?
I've sent multiple boxes (7) and others have sent more.  But I think if I were to do that again I'd space them out.  My shipper works out of her garage so I'd just give her something to send 1 a week.
  • Like 1

RogerDuMond

I have used UMAC Express Cargo numerous times from Central Florida.

We used to use UMAC from SE Florida, but switched to LBC once because of a price break from the consolidator. We have been pleased with LBC plus there a a couple of extra benefits. Because they are so large, their shipments are not mixed with other companies and they go out more often. Now I am only guessing on this, but I believe that because they are so big in the Philippines, there is probably less chance of having a box opened by customs. Another benefit to LBC is the ability to track your box online through every step of shipping.

MikeC

Forexworld - Chicago to Cebu. 

Shipped 4 heavy boxes. Picked up Jan 7. (very good service and gave me new boxes for free). Delivered March 15. Biggest delay I saw (about 1 month) was getting the boxes to Seattle. Then it was a fairly reasonable trip. Overall, I was very satisfied. Their box tracker lets you know where the boxes are (with a few day delay to posting). Nothing was opened and boxes were delivered intact and undamaged. I will definitely use them again. 

RedRanger

How much are you guys paying.  I am in Dallas Texas cheapest I can find is $120.

We don't have a very large population of people from Philippines here like Chicago

MikeC

How much are you guys paying.  I am in Dallas Texas cheapest I can find is $120.

We don't have a very large population of people from Philippines here like Chicago

I paid $391 all in from Chicago ($97.75/per box). I shipped 4 large, heavy boxes to Cebu. Price was based on size of box. My boxes were a bit bigger than Forex's large box. I believe there was also a slightly higher charge to go to Cebu City rather than Manila.  

Pinoyboxdelivery.com

Hello everyone! Are you moving to the Philippines from the US, UK, Canada and China? Or do you need any items from those countries? I can help you ship your items to the Philippines!  

In the US, our warehouse is located in Paramount California. 

You can post questions here or visit our site www.pinoyboxdelivery.com

JamesMusslewhite
On 09/06/2010 at 0:28 AM, redman69 said:

We have used Forex to send the same size boxes from the east coast of the US. No weight limit. To the door out in the province. Never a problem. Even get a picture of the clan aroung the box about 4 months after shipping. Would recomend all day.

Over the last 10 years we have shipped over 50 Forex boxes from Houston and have never had an issue. I have one my son sent in January that arrived on the 22nd and is warehoused in Manila awaiting to be delivered here in Surigao. I like that you can track your package on their website as as you stated they take a photo of the person who signs for the box and sends it back to the sender.

I too strongly endorse the service.

http://forexworld.us/

MickyG

Has anyone used pinoyboxdelivery.com ? and what was your experience