Mattfromnz

Does anyone have any info on companies that will send BB boxes from the Philippines to Sydney? Be much appreciated.

Cheers

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• smokey

• Cebuned

• tom_shor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

Heres a crazy thing just happened to me

About 30 min. Ago

This door to door came to the house and picked up my box going to the Philippines

Then he asked me whats in the box its light

But looks a bit bulky

Some shirts toys etc.

But I double the box to make sure nothing will happen to the inside

Then the weird thing happened

He says he knows my dad from before and he have been here in the house before

Then he goes

So you live with your mom ah

Nope shes retired now in Philippines

So you live on your own

Yup

Why dont you get married so you have someone live with you

Nope I have my tenants downstairs its good enough

You should go philippines many girls like to get married

Then he goes

About how nice his house is in Philippines

I have big house to in Philippines

Then he brings out pictures of his house from his briefcase wtf.

That filipino is fecked up on the head

I dont care how big it is lol

Some filipinos man they make me shame tsk.

• Like 1
to_dave007

Three boxes ready to go. Will be picked up in Hamilton Ontario Canada tomorrow by Reliable Express to Cebu. I'll arrive early December, and the boxes likely 8 weeks later. Sent three boxes @ CDN$95 each last year via same shipper. No problems. Arrived just a little earlier than they predicted.

smokey

Heres a crazy thing just happened to me

About 30 min. Ago

This door to door came to the house and picked up my box going to the Philippines

Then he asked me whats in the box its light

But looks a bit bulky

Some shirts toys etc.

But I double the box to make sure nothing will happen to the inside

Then the weird thing happened

He says he knows my dad from before and he have been here in the house before

Then he goes

So you live with your mom ah

Nope shes retired now in Philippines

So you live on your own

Yup

Why dont you get married so you have someone live with you

Nope I have my tenants downstairs its good enough

You should go philippines many girls like to get married

Then he goes

About how nice his house is in Philippines

I have big house to in Philippines

Then he brings out pictures of his house from his briefcase wtf.

That filipino is fecked up on the head

I dont care how big it is lol

Some filipinos man they make me shame tsk.

so come on who had the bigger house or was this a male thing

Three boxes ready to go. Will be picked up in Hamilton Ontario Canada tomorrow by Reliable Express to Cebu. I'll arrive early December, and the boxes likely 8 weeks later. Sent three boxes @ CDN$95 each last year via same shipper. No problems. Arrived just a little earlier than they predicted.

Last year and this year are years apart... maybe you did not see the news about the port ... Maybe 4 months if your lucky

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Going on 3 months for our mosg recent BB shipment.

"Give us a moment, we haven't yet gotten around to screwing everything up!" - Philippines national motto.

smokey

Going on 3 months for our mosg recent BB shipment.

"Give us a moment, we haven't yet gotten around to screwing everything up!" - Philippines national motto.

when i was in manila doing battle they had a news story well two stories one said the average time to clear cargo thru the port was 45 working days ... the other story said in the same paper that all cargo not cleared and removed from the port within 30 days was considered abandoned

to_dave007

Last year and this year are years apart... maybe you did not see the news about the port ... Maybe 4 months if your lucky

I'll let you know. So far as I know, shipping by BB is still the best choice available, so it doesn't really matter does it. The boxes will arrive, eventually. When that stops happening, most of us will stop shipping via BB box, and choose the next best method. Perhaps you know of another method?

And yes.. I did see the news about the port... And also about possible changes in customs processes.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1
smokey

I'll let you know. So far as I know, shipping by BB is still the best choice available, so it doesn't really matter does it. The boxes will arrive, eventually. When that stops happening, most of us will stop shipping via BB box, and choose the next best method. Perhaps you know of another method?

i sure dont and it dont matter what you ship it goes thru the port them BB boxes come in 40 foot containers and to the port they are just cargo no different then steel bar or rice the reason the port will not run smooth i think is the longer it takes to process your cargo the more chance you will ASK if there is a way to speed it up and you will get an ans..   oh and besides the car i sent 23 BB boxes and a TV

Edited by smokey

My neighbor told me that a BB Box he sent 4 months ago from Ft Myers FL to Leyte, just arrived!  It was sent LBC.   Whiner

By the way do you guys purchase insurance for the boxes you sent to philippines

This door to door guy suggested I should purchase an insurance for it for 20 bucks more

So total amount of that door to door box 85 bucks including insurance

• Like 1
smokey

By the way do you guys purchase insurance for the boxes you sent to philippines

This door to door guy suggested I should purchase an insurance for it for 20 bucks more

So total amount of that door to door box 85 bucks including insurance

two problems with that first all boxes come with 100 dollars insurance and shipping cost... i know peanuts compared to what you send... now the big problem is out of the 1,000ssss of boxes your box becomes number one because to collect the insurance you need a detailed list of what is inside... so you list all the stuff and your manifest says value of contents 2,000 us ... guess who's box is going to become lost

• Like 1
to_dave007

3 boxes shipped today from Hamilton Ontario Canada Reliable express through Manila to rural Cebu @ CDN90 each, no insurance. Shipper representative is Filipino living in Canada, who ALSO ships for 2 of my brothers and their Pinoy wives, and at least two other Fil-Can families I know. Most of his business is repeat business.. and by word of mouth. In other words.. I have reason to believe he's being straight with me.

He acknowledges Manila port issues, and also increased customs scrutiny. He told me that customs will normally open the container and X-Ray scan about 10 t 15 boxes (or was in 10 to 15% can't remember) and IF they find commercial or prohibited goods, then they scan full container contents, with 2 week delay likely, PLUS Reliable has to pay additional duty, which reliable may or may not be able to recover from shipper. Reliable Express got hit earlier this year when one of their clients shipped half a dozen boxes of commercial goods.. and got caught. Sounded like the customs stuff adds more uncertainty than the port congestion.

He said that so long as customs does not find commercial goods in their sample check of the container, then I should expect the boxes delivered by 3rd week February.. or 8 weeks. This may be a bit shorter simply because he knew they were loading the container in Toronto tomorrow.. so 8 weeks from container load at source is what he's quoting, PLUS 2 to 3 weeks if the load gets caught in additional customs scrutiny.

he said they won't ship again for the guy that tried to ship commercial goods. Makes sense to me because it puts the entire load at some risk, and causes additional payment obligation at Reliable.

They use two delivery companies in Cebu City, so he couldn't tell me yet which company would deliver the boxes.

Edited by to_dave007
smokey

3 boxes shipped today from Hamilton Ontario Canada Reliable express through Manila to rural Cebu @ CDN90 each, no insurance. Shipper representative is Filipino living in Canada, who ALSO ships for 2 of my brothers and their Pinoy wives, and at least two other Fil-Can families I know. Most of his business is repeat business.. and by word of mouth. In other words.. I have reason to believe he's being straight with me.

He acknowledges Manila port issues, and also increased customs scrutiny. He told me that customs will normally open the container and X-Ray scan about 10 t 15 boxes (or was in 10 to 15% can't remember) and IF they find commercial or prohibited goods, then they scan full container contents, with 2 week delay likely, PLUS Reliable has to pay additional duty, which reliable may or may not be able to recover from shipper. Reliable Express got hit earlier this year when one of their clients shipped half a dozen boxes of commercial goods.. and got caught. Sounded like the customs stuff adds more uncertainty than the port congestion.

He said that so long as customs does not find commercial goods in their sample check of the container, then I should expect the boxes delivered by 3rd week February.. or 8 weeks. This may be a bit shorter simply because he knew they were loading the container in Toronto tomorrow.. so 8 weeks from container load at source is what he's quoting, PLUS 2 to 3 weeks if the load gets caught in additional customs scrutiny.

he said they won't ship again for the guy that tried to ship commercial goods. Makes sense to me because it puts the entire load at some risk, and causes additional payment obligation at Reliable.

They use two delivery companies in Cebu City, so he couldn't tell me yet which company would deliver the boxes.

well i am happy you have such a great repor with your shipper , I did spend 2 months at the port and did see many BB box shipments stuck in port because the EXTRA fee was not paid  so its still a crap shoot hope your one of the lucky ones , some of the brokers trying to clear the BB box shipments were fighting for long time trying to get the boxes clear for the rep. of their company but dont forget OCT 1 the port started imposing a 5,000 peso a day fee on all 20 foot containers left in port and not cleared thru customs so if you have say 10 containers its going to cut into your profit real fast if its full of BB boxes and how do you pass that cost on?

• 1 month later...
cruisejunky

used to use UMAC but pickup guy doesn't show up after he says he will be here.