Sign in to follow this  
Alan S

Balikbayan boxes

washingtonian88

Great info.

I will check with LBC and make sure.

I don't see why "can not".

Now, this gives me an idea that I may be able to send just about anything to Cebu..... LOL

I have shipped balikbayan boxes over the years (well not that many years, hehe), have used Forex and LBC, never had any problem.

Thanks again!

broden

Great info.

Now, this gives me an idea that I may be able to send just about anything to Cebu..... LOL

I have shipped balikbayan boxes over the years (well not that many years, hehe), have used Forex and LBC, never had any problem.

Thanks again!

just remember to make air holes

washingtonian88

Great info.

Thanks again!

just remember to make air holes

Nah, no need. I am not shipping my honeybunch to there yet. :shitbricks:

I am not done with him yet. LOL

Cebuned

I should have mentioned, we have only shipped with Johnny Air & Cargo. Based out of Brooklyn,NYC. They do cover a good sized area of the Northern East Coast. Espeicaly in the Tri-City area and Central New England.

They are a well respected and old time shipper, who had worked to the top, from the bottom. Over many years of good customer service. 12 years now, and Margie and I have never had a BB Box lost, damaged, and I believe, Never even inspected.... Always delivered right to our door, and thats in a very small mountainside barangay in Toledo City....

Cost is usually around $90 per BB Box, but I visited Johnny air in person, a few months ago, and afer describing our needs and our move, they where more than happy to give us a nice discount. Not only all the free boxes we needed, usually a $5.00 USD charge per box, but they knocked the price down to $70 per bb box for us, and like I said, they never have a wieght limit and they informed me they would late up to 4 boxes, put together in most configurations, as long as it was kept cubed form, for loading in container...

Great buisness to deal with, thats all I can say.

ned

tom_shor

Great info.

Thanks again!

Be sure it is surface shipment. Enlarging a box for air shipment makes the cost much higher. Because they charge for weight and volume.

grumpy

We use forex with no issues... last one we sent took 6 weeks but it was during the holidays.

saigon46

was thinking about buying a portable ac from the internet. surfing the pages of cebu appliance, not much of a selection. for 100 bucks shipping costs might be worth the trouble.

later, SB

David Spicer

was thinking about buying a portable ac from the internet. surfing the pages of cebu appliance, not much of a selection. for 100 bucks shipping costs might be worth the trouble.

later, SB

I have a 1 HP portable that I bought for my daughters room about a year ago at SM Appliance. It cost about P17,000.and works okay, but nowhere near as good as a P12,000 1 HP window/wall unit. I found that the biggest problem involved with a portable aircon is efficient venting of expelled heat to the outside. A Western drier vent would be perfect, but I don't think my landlord would appreciate my putting a hole in the wall.

PapaRay

I use GGKargo out of South Carolina they have been terrific takes about 90-120days and they pick up at my house. GGKargo.com Been very professional and helpful

PapaRay

I use GGKargo out of South Carolina they have been terrific takes about 90-120days and they pick up at my house. GGKargo.com Been very professional and helpful

I've used him until recently, he has changed shippers and now they wont deliver to my home on Siargao so I'm looking into another shipper. It's a shame, if you are shipping to the main islands he is great, but check if you are on an outlying province to make sure it's door to door

TorJay

90 - 120 days is an awfully long time. I use LBC to send from Toronto Canada to an outlying area in Cebu. Door to door is about 6 - 7 weeks.

ed villas

Any providers from North Texas?

i have looked but not able to find any (yet). Thanks

MONTE

ED here is Forex's list, they are shipping faster now days...and I trust them more than any others

http://www.forexworld.com/ try this site 1st

Coalminer

I sent my first Balikbayan box to the Philippines a little over a week ago. Living in regional Australia, it has taken me quite some time to find out how to do it!

If I could take a direct flight from where I live to Cebu City, it would take just under 5 hours, however this is not possible, flying by enforced detours and stops along the way, the best I can do the trip is in about 18 hours. Likewise, my Balikbayan box is taking a 'round about route'. It will leave Mackay and then travel by road South 2,000 km to Sydney (wrong direction!!). Then the box will travel to Cebu by sea, then Transfer to get to Cagayan de Oro.

To send a Balikbayan box from the coast in Regional Queensland, the only company I found that does it from Mackay City is BM Express, and yes they are on the Web, and they also send from other locations along Eastern Australia. Cost varies depending on the dispatch location.

My box ended up weighing almost 40kg, contents are nearly all Australian made products, and I expect these will be viewed as 'alien artifacts' in Cagayan de Oro. My Balikbayan box should arrive by the last week of January 2013.

• Like 1

udonthani

my box from the UK got picked up from my front door in Yorkshire and driven in a truck to London. From there, I would expect it to have gone to Tilbury where it eventually got packed into a container on a ship or series of ships that made its way down the easternmost section of the Atlantic ocean, past Gibraltar, across the Mediterreanean sea, and then through the Suez Canal. Shortly after that, it hit the Indian Ocean and sailed on a real big ocean far from any land for the first time. Then it went through Malacca and then up through the Pacific to the Philippines' main port, Manila. Then it got put on another boat, that went to Cagayan de Oro. The company would have then got a truck to transport it the rest of the way, about 120km except my bird didn't give them the chance and she got on a bus with her sister to pick it up herself from their office.

it cost sixty quid, or about 100 dollars, Bargain.

• Like 1