Current opinion on return ticket

oh, and by the way, why is 'someone with the means to actually be a benefit to society' trying to save themselves 20 dollars to fake an eticket to get into the Philippines?

Maybe they would prefer to donate an extra $20 to a worthy cause in the Philippines, rather than contribute to the bottom line of an airline.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• SkyMan

• sensei

• RogerDuMond

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You don't need a return ticket.   Just buy the cheapest one way ticket to anywhere.

"They" being the "worthy cause" no doubt. If "they" can't afford the $20 to stay legal, then "they" shouldn't be travelling and staying in a foreign country.       Mark

KennyF

well I just checked a one way for November, and it came up at 1,119 including all taxes. Return, coming back a week later, a little bit more, though I didn't look around much. That one was 1,500.

AH got it. But it says "Fares shown EXCLUDE taxes".

Never mind, that's still an el cheapo visa run.

Thanks for the heads up.

KinAC

Markham

oh, and by the way, why is 'someone with the means to actually be a benefit to society' trying to save themselves 20 dollars to fake an eticket to get into the Philippines?

Maybe they would prefer to donate an extra $20 to a worthy cause in the Philippines, rather than contribute to the bottom line of an airline.

"They" being the "worthy cause" no doubt. If "they" can't afford the $20 to stay legal, then "they" shouldn't be travelling and staying in a foreign country.

Mark

• Like 1
SkyMan

"They" being the "worthy cause" no doubt. If "they" can't afford the $20 to stay legal, then "they" shouldn't be travelling and staying in a foreign country.

Mark

The question is never whether they can afford to pay but whether they want to pay. There are so many little fees and taxes and payments here they add up after a while and get annoying. So it's not surprising some want to avoid a few of the more inane ones like the follow on ticket which serves no purpose. For example, I decide to come to the PI for a year so I fly in with a $20 ticket I have no intension of using. I get my 21 days from an immigration officer who knows full well I won't be leaving on the that ticket to Hong Kong or wherever. Then I extend my visa well beyond the date of that ticket and yet there is no requirement for me to have another exit ticket after that point. It is useless requirement.

Before you go jumping on someone about this piddly infraction, you may want make sure your house isn't glass. Have you ever sped or broke some other rule in vehicle? I'd be surprised to hear if anyone hadn't. Just not getting caught doesn't count you have to have followed every rule 100% of the time. And in that case we're talking about safety. Or how about your taxes, ever fudged a little? How about downloaded a movie, tv show, music file? Almost everyone has there set of things its ok for them to do and another set of things others get away with that pisses them off. Kind of hypocritical don't you think?

SkyMan

Also, I think there is quite a marked difference between a Nigerian or any other near penniless individual forging documents to stay in a country and someone with the means to actually be a benefit to society faking an eticket to get into the Philippines.

Put bluntly, they are both varying degrees of fraud. A forged e-ticket isn't going to fool an alert check-in clerk who doesn't even need to use a computer terminal to check if the reservation is valid.

Mark

I don't think there any 'alert' clerks but I still think it would get by.

I just boarded an imtermational flight to eventually arrive in the PI without an exit ticket (as usual) and was not asked for one. There was no way the clerk could have known I have a 13A.

Exactly, varying degrees. Like taking a candy bar from a vending machine as opposed to robbing a bank. Only in this it's the case where the airline looses $20 or in the other case a terrorist blows up an airport. Really quit different don't you think.

RogerDuMond

Before you go jumping on someone about this piddly infraction, you may want make sure your house isn't glass. Have you ever sped or broke some other rule in vehicle? I'd be surprised to hear if anyone hadn't. Just not getting caught doesn't count you have to have followed every rule 100% of the time. And in that case we're talking about safety. Or how about your taxes, ever fudged a little? How about downloaded a movie, tv show, music file? Almost everyone has there set of things its ok for them to do and another set of things others get away with that pisses them off. Kind of hypocritical don't you think?

There is a difference in taking a chance on speeding which might get you a $200 fine and breaking an immigration law that could get you black listed. If you want to take the chance that you might never be allowed entry to the Philippines again to save $20, be my guest. Just realize what you are wagering to save that $20.

Buy two one-way tickets, and when you are settled in, get a refund on the return ticket. Thats how I did it.