Current opinion on return ticket

udonthani

TIP ....

Lots of folks just keep using there original onward ticket.

Buy the ticket online. They will email you an "electronic ticket" with a confirmation number, itenerary, dates, flight number, etc, ect. That is what you would normally take to the terminal and show to the ticket counter in order to get your boarding pass.Not sure where race suddenly became an issue in this thread but I believe racial slurs are grounds for banning

no way is it a racial slur. It's just the simple observation that somebody might very well have a different attitude towards somebody breaking immigration law when it's a Nigerian or an Arab trying to stay in the United States under false pretenses than they do when it's them trying to stay in the Philippines same way.

usually on travel forums it's idiot backpackers that are really short of cash that want to save themselves $20 resort to doctoring e-tickets. All a check in person has to do is check the DTCFP9 reference number, and you're sunk.

I also kind of find it laughable to discuss the possibility of immigration laws being skirted in a country that has thousands of illegals pouring over its southern border daily.

that's a bit different. Those desperate Filipinos want to get OUT of the Philippines, not stay IN. Forget Sabahans, even the poorer Kalimantan Indonesians wouldn't want to find themselves in southern Mindanao these days.

• Like 1
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• SkyMan

• sensei

• RogerDuMond

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You don't need a return ticket.   Just buy the cheapest one way ticket to anywhere.

"They" being the "worthy cause" no doubt. If "they" can't afford the $20 to stay legal, then "they" shouldn't be travelling and staying in a foreign country.       Mark

udonthani

Thanks for the valuable info, don't mind the negative comments. You were just sharing the info without any harm meant...some people just don't get it. please keep posting. I had only got the idea to buy a cheap return ticket from this post, for the last two trips i been buying return tickets for 15000 pesos, which went waste.

Never thought onward cheap ticket could work. only through this forum and sharing i got this info.

Dave was very lucky with that incredibly cheap HK ticket out of Mactan. Nine times out of ten, cheapest ticket out of the Philippines is the Clark-Kota Kinabalu flight with Air Asia, usually comes in at about 1000. Very easy website to use also, much better than Cebu Pacific's.

KennyF

Nine times out of ten, cheapest ticket out of the Philippines is the Clark-Kota Kinabalu flight with Air Asia, usually comes in at about 1000. Very easy website to use also, much better than Cebu Pacific's.

I got all excited but on checking the Air Asia site I found its around 8,000~9,000 return.

How did you come up with 1,000 pesos

KinAC

Nine times out of ten, cheapest ticket out of the Philippines is the Clark-Kota Kinabalu flight with Air Asia, usually comes in at about 1000. Very easy website to use also, much better than Cebu Pacific's.

I got all excited but on checking the Air Asia site I found its around 8,000~9,000 return.

KinAC

You don't need a return ticket.

Just buy the cheapest one way ticket to anywhere.

• Like 1
udonthani

KinAC

well I just checked a one way for November, and it came up at 1,119 including all taxes. Return, coming back a week later, a little bit more, though I didn't look around much. That one was 1,500.

you just MIGHT pay 8-9,000 return for that particular Clark-KK flight. It can go up, at Christmas especially, but not as much as that I would have thought.

I was once in the position of deciding whether to get a 4,000+ extension at Angeles BoI, to cover only about 18 days, or else get a flight to KK, which would have been OK for me as I know the place well, hotels only cost the same as in the Philippines, and I have friends there. The chance of being able to eat some decent inexpensive food for a few days rather than Filipino canaderia dross also appealed. But unfortunately it coincided with the Christmas period and prices went up to about 5.5-6000, so I passed on it and decided to just get an extension instead. If you're able to plan it in advance and get it several months ahead of time, you ought to pay no more than 2,500 for a return flight and possibly less.

KennyF

OK, thanks for that. I give it another search and see what I can come up with.

KinAC

fanboat

How refreshing to see such shining beacons of goodness and integrity in this ocean of dishonesty and corruption in which we live.

I bought a round trip ticket from lax to cebu and back...1165 dollars.

I ended up tossing the return cause it had expired.

I than bought a one way ticket home for 950 dollars.

it had to be extended...cost for extension...230 dollars.

I'm a good boy no?scratch_head.gif

udonthani

I always make sure what a date-change is going to cost me before I buy any long-term intercontinental flight.

some airlines don't charge anything at all to change date. Malaysian was like that a few years ago - you could just walk into one of their offices, or even just call them, and change the date by just a few days if you felt like it and they charged you nothing at all.

$230 dollars is very high for a date change. Average is about $100. That's what Emirates charges. Some are cheap - CHINA and EVA only charge $50. This is something you need to know before you buy, if there's any chance that you will need to change date. And of course sometimes it's impossible to change date at all. It's impossible to extend any round trip air ticket longer than 12 months after the departure date. After that, you have to throw it.

It cost me nothing to change my Brisbane-Cebu return flight with Cathay Pacific.

I just booked a return flight to China with QANTAS, but the system will not allow the return leg to be booked more than 11 months ahead.

The QANTAS rep told me, "It

SkyMan

TIP ....

Lots of folks just keep using there original onward ticket.

Buy the ticket online. They will email you an "electronic ticket" with a confirmation number, itenerary, dates, flight number, etc, ect. That is what you would normally take to the terminal and show to the ticket counter in order to get your boarding pass.Not sure where race suddenly became an issue in this thread but I believe racial slurs are grounds for banning

no way is it a racial slur. It's just the simple observation that somebody might very well have a different attitude towards somebody breaking immigration law when it's a Nigerian or an Arab trying to stay in the United States under false pretenses than they do when it's them trying to stay in the Philippines same way.

usually on travel forums it's idiot backpackers that are really short of cash that want to save themselves $20 resort to doctoring e-tickets. All a check in person has to do is check the DTCFP9 reference number, and you're sunk.

I also kind of find it laughable to discuss the possibility of immigration laws being skirted in a country that has thousands of illegals pouring over its southern border daily.

that's a bit different. Those desperate Filipinos want to get OUT of the Philippines, not stay IN. Forget Sabahans, even the poorer Kalimantan Indonesians wouldn't want to find themselves in southern Mindanao these days.

You probably don't realize this but:

but whitey usually thinks a different set of conventions apply to them

whitey is as much a racial slur as the N word or any of the rest of them.

Also, I think there is quite a marked difference between a Nigerian or any other near penniless individual forging documents to stay in a country and someone with the means to actually be a benefit to society faking an eticket to get into the Philippines.

Markham

Also, I think there is quite a marked difference between a Nigerian or any other near penniless individual forging documents to stay in a country and someone with the means to actually be a benefit to society faking an eticket to get into the Philippines.

Put bluntly, they are both varying degrees of fraud. A forged e-ticket isn't going to fool an alert check-in clerk who doesn't even need to use a computer terminal to check if the reservation is valid.

Mark

Cathay Pacific and Singapore airlines dont charge anything for changing dates, I called them up and changed the date 5-6 times and they were happy to do it by phone and e-mail the new e-ticket.

RogerDuMond

I always make sure what a date-change is going to cost me before I buy any long-term intercontinental flight.

some airlines don't charge anything at all to change date. Malaysian was like that a few years ago - you could just walk into one of their offices, or even just call them, and change the date by just a few days if you felt like it and they charged you nothing at all.

$230 dollars is very high for a date change. Average is about $100. That's what Emirates charges. Some are cheap - CHINA and EVA only charge $50. This is something you need to know before you buy, if there's any chance that you will need to change date. And of course sometimes it's impossible to change date at all. It's impossible to extend any round trip air ticket longer than 12 months after the departure date. After that, you have to throw it.

I think that there is a charge for each segment of a flight that is changed. So depending on the number of segments, the change fee can be much higher.

udonthani

whitey is as much a racial slur as the N word or any of the rest of them.

hilarious. You upbraid somebody for using a what for you is a 'racial slur' and then proceed to call all Nigerians (there's 150 million of them) 'penniless individuals', i.e. 'Nigerian=poor'.

that Nigerian Fundie terrorist guy that nearly blew the plane up over Detroit last Christmas day wasn't any 'penniless individual'. He was the son of a multi-millionaire, one of the richest guys in Africa, and with just about as privileged an upbringing as anybody could imagine, certainly more privileged than probably 99%+ of Americans.

udonthani

oh, and by the way, why is 'someone with the means to actually be a benefit to society' trying to save themselves 20 dollars to fake an eticket to get into the Philippines?