Open to advice on marketing my dating site

richard90027

I met my wife through a site like this but I was not interested in anyone under 35. A large percentage of men using these sites do not want a women 30 years younger than themselves. You might want to reconsider the age limits!

• Like 1
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• poby

• DeezNuz

• KennyF

• D_D

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks dude! It was meant to be a joke. I thought the emoticons I placed in my post would give it away but I think not. I am sorry Dave I will try my best to make my jokes obvious next time.

How easy it is to cry discrimination when one is not included in the target group. The poster seems to be providing a service to those who want to chat with girls of a specific age and type. Is that m

Not that I'm trying to   But, just because you word a product the way you want it to be perceived doesnt mean the government will agree with you. If someone from the government decides that a giv

Markham

Giving cellphone load is definitely a good idea but you'll probably need 4 SIMs to cover all the bases: Globe, Talk-and-Text, Smart and Sun. I would suggest not giving the load to the girl who joins but to the girl who introduces her. I think that might work better and would encourage members to recruit others. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising. Either way would be open to abuse though - girls having multiple IDs - and hard to stop without a deal of time and effort.

It might pay you to go and talk to the attendants working at Netopia in Ayala and SM Malls. I've had occasion to use them in emergencies and they seem to be well-run and, from memory, plenty of girls that fit your demographic seem to use them. You could also talk with Tim (Norseman); I'm not sure if he still owns any cafes now though.

Mark

poby

I met my wife through a site like this but I was not interested in anyone under 35. A large percentage of men using these sites do not want a women 30 years younger than themselves. You might want to reconsider the age limits!

I want gals of all ages but the most popular are the 18 to 30 so thats the group I'm happy to pay for.

fanboat

I think you need a core team who are active chatters and while they are chatting they should encourage their mates to move to your site.Maybe offer the lady a share of the new membership fee.

I think I payed a 6 month membership for FH @ 79.00

poby

I think you need a core team who are active chatters and while they are chatting they should encourage their mates to move to your site.Maybe offer the lady a share of the new membership fee.

I think I payed a 6 month membership for FH @ 79.00

FH can get away with charging that much, I'm half their price but then I only have around 270 inbound links vs their 17201 so I'm not likely to top them in popularity any time soon

Paying is a bad idea for the reasons mentioned. They don't need an incentive and it will just draw those playing games. 10P will not inspire anyone serious but instead a bunch of 15 yrs olds pretending they are 20.

Flippa Heart and Cherry Blossoms have online chat and quickly it moves to Yahoo Messenger which is a great chat tool ..so I don't think there is value in online chat... The guys will join if you have the girls

and vice versa.

I would suggest target marketing as a strategy against all the big established sites,

Narrow the focus for ex.. For professionals or For Students only ..whatever.. this is a well know tactic of how small companies compete with larger ones. There are dating sites for cripples/herpetics/HIV +/ for Attorneys etc.. you get the idea.

DIA is all of Asia yet its 95% flippas and its free. Plenty of Fish is free also and has put a big dent in the MATCH.coms and is very popular due to the large #s of both genders and of course its free !

eHarmony brags about its compatibility tests etc.

I would never join a pay site again personally as there is no advantage - from what i can see except that they offer more pics..but as soon as I chat on YM, I can see them on cam and all the pics i want usually.

To attract the girls, have the net Cafes put up a sign/Banner across the wall. Pay them 500P /mth and they will jump up and down for you !!

Edited by Daves7
poby

Pay the internet cafe to get you genuine users.. (e.g. I own one how many females do you want?)

As many as you can give me, happy to pay 10p a pop.

Lee From Cebu

A question poby I was under the impression that dateing services are illegal in the philippines has that changed or was I mis-informed ? Or are you doing this out of a different country

poby

A question poby I was under the impression that dateing services are illegal in the philippines has that changed or was I mis-informed ? Or are you doing this out of a different country

Mail order bride services are illegal but this is not one of those! Even says so on the main page. It's not hosted here either, not that that makes any difference. It's just a site people of both sexes can go to meet people of both sexes.

MattFromGA

Not that I'm trying to

shit_stirrer.gif

But, just because you word a product the way you want it to be perceived doesnt mean the government will agree with you. If someone from the government decides that a given "dating" site is actually a "mail order bride service" then they will prosecute based on that, not what the site owner wants to say it is.

• Like 2
poby

Not that I'm trying to

shit_stirrer.gif

But, just because you word a product the way you want it to be perceived doesnt mean the government will agree with you. If someone from the government decides that a given "dating" site is actually a "mail order bride service" then they will prosecute based on that, not what the site owner wants to say it is.

Ya this is true but then they will have to shut down a bunch of much bigger fish than me....

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
mattwilkie

Hi Poby,

wasn't ignoring your email.. i have actually stuck your website on the netcafe screensavers..

What made you drop in Alexa rating in the past few months ?

_______Traffic Rank Change

1 month 2,419,238 +702,471

3 month 1,823,713 +891,289

+ means you are getting less popular

Where did all the traffic come from from March to April ? It looks like it spiked. Was that bought traffic or from a keyword listing on a SE ?

When you moved the site to your server did you did you use the same specs as the server the old owners were using.

Average Load Time

Slow (4.124 Seconds),

Note: Slow sites may be penalized by search engines.

You need more back links ( 21 back links ), but concentrate on quality.

Of course I was just looking at Alexa which I know is crap, so I would have to study google analytics stats to do a proper consultation. But to be honest I really don't want to get involved with a Filipina Dating site.

There are already so many dating sites... Your idea isn't very different from the others one

DeezNuz

Go to a few of the local clubs...hook up with some hotties...and tell them you will give them P100 for every new guy they refer to the site.

They could just tell patrons that its the only way to contact them outside of the club because they cannot give their phone numbers out.