Just Released from the Police Station

shadow

I'm pretty sure I read here on this forum a while back about a woman being called a whore etc by some abusive neighbours who came to her house and called her names. They were arrested for unjust vexation as far as I remember.

Even in my own country I was threatened with arrest one Christmas eve. A neighbor of my neighbor came and cut some branches off the only tree in my back yard that provided shade for my kids while they were playing underneath when I heard about it I went ballistic verbally yelling at the neighbours from my back fence. I was furious.

They called the police who arrived and started questioning me on my front lawn when this other woman who I didnt know came into my yard and urged the police to arrest me. I got furious with her I believed I was the agrieved party because I was angry the police told me to shut up or I would be spending Christmas in Jail. They don't know what the truth is all they see is someone out of control.

Yelling at someone in Public in the Philippines is a no win situation and has gotten some foreigners arrested and deported.

I believe the case you mentioned may have been one I posted. The woman who was called a whore by her neighbors was the former Miss Dumaguete 2007, Rose Neri. She was warned by family and friends to leave the city. She was later murdered, and a local politician is involved.

Larry in Dumaguete

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DeezNuz

• NittanyLion

• MattFromGA

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Cultural differences between East and West are very real and not to be taken lightly. It is in our own interest that we research and learn about the culture. "Loss of face"needs to be taken very

Unjust vexation sounds a lot like marriage.       .

I doubt this law is applied every day. In all my time here, I have not heard of this being applied to anyone before. Of course that doesnt mean it hasnt been applied before, but I've never heard of

Paul

Yepper skipper. If you yell at someone in public, for example, calling a woman a whore or slut, or by demeaning them otherwise, you can be arrested. This applies to both Filipinos and foreigners.

DeezNuz

Just do this...

With a dissapointed look on your face say, "It's just so terrible that you are un-educated and ignorant to know any better."

Then they'll come out-a-punching.

Take a few licks, then bystanders would come out and pull them off of you.

Now you have the aresenal you need to have them go to jail and get to see them on the upcoming release of Cebu Dancing Inmates.

Willie

I wonder what the locals will do if the Kano raises his voice and points his finger at them and yells, "I WILL HAVE YOU DEPORTED!":baseballbat:

Grab a suitcase and form a line. :shocked:

That's funny! :ROFLMAO:

Quote "Now everything turns sweet as pie...everybody is my friend now. We just have to apologize to each other and everything will go away. "Sure, no problem," I said. Hey, do you want another cigarette...no thanks. Let's get this over with. So, the girl comes over, I man up and apologize...she apologizes...we BS for 20 minutes while they make some document that we have to sign saying everybody's cool and there's no longer and issue. Hey, we'll give you a ride to your place...no thanks I'll walk."

So do you think the matter is over or will the husband or another come looking for additional payback?

When I lived in the states I had a secretary in the company I worked in try to get me fired and have me break up with my girlfried. She went to great lenghts to do both. She even enlisted the help of her friends who did not even know me. To this day I have no idea why she did it. We never dated, I never came on to her or did she to me. My best guess is she had a secret crush on me and the fact I ignored her made her very mad.

All I am saying if you are in the cross hairs of a crazy woman be careful!

Marco

NittanyLion

Quote "Now everything turns sweet as pie...everybody is my friend now. We just have to apologize to each other and everything will go away. "Sure, no problem," I said. Hey, do you want another cigarette...no thanks. Let's get this over with. So, the girl comes over, I man up and apologize...she apologizes...we BS for 20 minutes while they make some document that we have to sign saying everybody's cool and there's no longer and issue. Hey, we'll give you a ride to your place...no thanks I'll walk."

So do you think the matter is over or will the husband or another come looking for additional payback?

When I lived in the states I had a secretary in the company I worked in try to get me fired and have me break up with my girlfried. She went to great lenghts to do both. She even enlisted the help of her friends who did not even know me. To this day I have no idea why she did it. We never dated, I never came on to her or did she to me. My best guess is she had a secret crush on me and the fact I ignored her made her very mad.

All I am saying if you are in the cross hairs of a crazy woman be careful!

Marco

I'm very confident that it's over. The police ensured that she apologized as well. As I was leaving, her husband offered to let me stay at someone's condo in Makati...which I politely refused. I think he wanted me to forgive them also. It's over in my mind...and thankfully I don't live near them.

DeezNuz

...then have his thugs come over in the middle of the night to pummel you while you're sleeping.

"It's the Filipino Way"

Good thing to refuse.

At the Manila airport they have signs everywhere stating that its illegal to yell, argue(vex??) at airport staff. Do they have the same in Cebu?

• 2 months later...

Every Filipino I talked to in the last 2 days was shocked about this...they said that Filipinos say that stuff (and much worse) to each other all the time. They said that if it didn't involve a white guy that the SM Mall security guys would have just told both parties to separate and go home.

They added that the security and subsequently the police smelled pera (money).

I'm thinking about starting a new company that helps non-locals, look local.

We will distribute Foreigner-to-Filipino disguises.

Each FTF Kit will include: face pigment makeup, set of ukai-ukai clothes, can of black spray paint to use on your noggin and pubic areas, including a hack-saw and bandages for those that exceed the height of a typical Filipino.

Agreed...the average non-local cannot get away with what locals can do.

If it were a verbal confrontation between two locals, it never would of progressed as far as the police station. The dispute would of been settled in the security office.

Thats my leverage in most issues I'm involved in. Being and looking like a local (granted... a behemoth of one) I am not stereo typed as a cash cow as the non-local looking individuals.

wt-hell.gif man, looks like there will be No Way Possible for me to keep a low-profile there. sad.gif i'm going to stick out like a sore-thumb with the way i look(and that is the understatement of the centuray). prolly beatdeadhorse.gif thinking i can live there.

Edited by DaveRG550