Just Released from the Police Station

DeezNuz

So foreigners are supposed to know this? And when a Filipino comes to the US are they arrested by addressing an Blacks by a slang name? Do you really think the police would even care if there was no Foreigner in the middle so it's racial profiling at its best? just another case of Come visit our country and spend all you can then go away

I don't agree with you Robert. It sounded to me that it was just a case of the management wanting to get the commotion out of their store. It wasn't just the OP who was detained.

Agreed...they didn't care about the recourse. Crazy bag lady out of the store.

See man...you should of charged at the security guards like I did. Then they would of been scared away. Although, it would only work if you were as big and menacing as me.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DeezNuz

• NittanyLion

• MattFromGA

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Cultural differences between East and West are very real and not to be taken lightly. It is in our own interest that we research and learn about the culture. "Loss of face"needs to be taken very

Unjust vexation sounds a lot like marriage.       .

I doubt this law is applied every day. In all my time here, I have not heard of this being applied to anyone before. Of course that doesnt mean it hasnt been applied before, but I've never heard of

bleurope1

Sounds like the same way here, even though someone hit you first you are still guility if the other person tells first.

MattFromGA
And when a Filipino comes to the US are they arrested by addressing an Blacks by a slang name?

It would depend in which part of the US they said that and how they said it. It might even be prosecuted as a "hate crime" and the offender could get maximum jail time.

Kind of like someone in Germany making a casual statement about not believing the Holocaust happened. More than one person has spent serious jail time just for saying something about that in European countries.

Cipro
Kind of like someone in Germany making a casual statement about not believing the Holocaust happened. More than one person has spent serious jail time just for saying something about that in European countries.

I noticed that the allied soldiers conducted mandatory "tours" of the concentration camps for the neighboring towns, sort of rubbing their nose in what was going on in their community, s they could no longer ignore it. The films of those tours are informative. The looks of pure horror and disgust on the faces of the German citizens is telling.

I would imagine this sort of thing leaves a scar.

Faluango

Something I learned over the years in 3rd world countries is to avoid situations like this.

A better reaction would have been: Hello, how are you? Hope you are okay now. smile and walk away

Edited by Faluango

Don't sound at all like the woman was being held but was there to make her complaint.

smokey

Don't sound at all like the woman was being held but was there to make her complaint.

that is what i mean its almost 100% that if a local says something against a foreigner it must be true , why would they say it if it was not true.. like the old days in us and getting a divorce of course the guy is a cheater why else would his wife say that... a married women would never cheat especially a MOTHER..

• Like 1

So true.

If he called the cops and made the complaint-he'd be the one held again.

About 5 years ago an american,Bobby,while riding his Harley was killed by a box truck near Sm Mall,he was found to be responsible for the truck running the light and the driver not wanting to wear out his brakes.

that is what i mean its almost 100% that if a local says something against a foreigner it must be true , why would they say it if it was not true.. like the old days in us and getting a divorce of course the guy is a cheater why else would his wife say that... a married women would never cheat especially a MOTHER..

• Like 1
DeezNuz

Just like the other sayings..."All foreigners are rich" and They all have big ding-a-lings."

MrSuave

LOL BigRob! I used to play that song on the piano way back when I could play the piano. Chuck Berry had such huge cool hits back in his day, I can't believe he did Ding-a-ling in the '70s! As much as I enjoyed the song, it was so benieth him!

NittanyLion

Every Filipino I talked to in the last 2 days was shocked about this...they said that Filipinos say that stuff (and much worse) to each other all the time. They said that if it didn't involve a white guy that the SM Mall security guys would have just told both parties to separate and go home.

They added that the security and subsequently the police smelled pera (money).

Edited by NittanyLion
DeezNuz

Every Filipino I talked to in the last 2 days was shocked about this...they said that Filipinos say that stuff (and much worse) to each other all the time. They said that if it didn't involve a white guy that the SM Mall security guys would have just told both parties to separate and go home.

They added that the security and subsequently the police smelled pera (money).

I'm thinking about starting a new company that helps non-locals, look local.

We will distribute Foreigner-to-Filipino disguises.

Each FTF Kit will include: face pigment makeup, set of ukai-ukai clothes, can of black spray paint to use on your noggin and pubic areas, including a hack-saw and bandages for those that exceed the height of a typical Filipino.

JamesMusslewhite

I wonder what the locals will do if the Kano raises his voice and points his finger at them and yells, "I WILL HAVE YOU DEPORTED!":scratch_head:

• Like 1
tom_shor

I wonder what the locals will do if the Kano raises his voice and points his finger at them and yells, "I WILL HAVE YOU DEPORTED!";)

Grab a suitcase and form a line. :)

I'm pretty sure I read here on this forum a while back about a woman being called a whore etc by some abusive neighbours who came to her house and called her names. They were arrested for unjust vexation as far as I remember.

Even in my own country I was threatened with arrest one Christmas eve. A neighbor of my neighbor came and cut some branches off the only tree in my back yard that provided shade for my kids while they were playing underneath when I heard about it I went ballistic verbally yelling at the neighbours from my back fence. I was furious.

They called the police who arrived and started questioning me on my front lawn when this other woman who I didnt know came into my yard and urged the police to arrest me. I got furious with her I believed I was the agrieved party because I was angry the police told me to shut up or I would be spending Christmas in Jail. They don't know what the truth is all they see is someone out of control.

Yelling at someone in Public in the Philippines is a no win situation and has gotten some foreigners arrested and deported.