American falls for buying marijuana

Mailman

"An American national was arrested after he was found buying two dried marijuana leaves"

Any good 'head' can tell you that marijuana, as a drug, usually comes in the form of dried flower bud. In fact the leaves of the male plant are totally useless and the leaves of the female plant are not much better . . but the bud . . mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

So the story sounds like the guy was set up as he does not seem to be a real marijuana user.

There is definitely some discrepancies between the two articles, that's for sure.

The first article may have been written by someone not as knowledgeable about the herb as you. :P It almost seems as if (especially after reading the second article) that there are some words omitted. Just 'two dried marijuana leaves' or 'two fully grown marijuana plants as well as some dried marijuana leaves wrapped in some newspaper'?

That would be a Hooloovoo from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. How many points is it worth and who's keeping score?

Ding! Ding! Ding! Correct! You have earned 549,543,332 points in that round. Not enough to win, but you will still be able to catch up in Round 2 as the points are worth double!

Hitchhikers guide to the Universe, Douglas Adams.

Do I get a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster?

Oh, sorry... but that's not quite right. 'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy' is what we were looking for. How much did you wager? :P

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mailman

• loosehead

• JohnFromTexas

• MattFromGA

Alan S

In the unlikely event that I ever owned a bar, I would introduce a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster!

(Could be interesting to speculate--footingly no doubt- on what it could contain.)

But that is off topic for this thread.

Despite the different accounts in the papers, it is obvious that he is screwed.

Whether that was his stupidity or a scam is another matter.

MrSuave

Both articles state that the police received "reports" so the police were obviously tipped off. Surveillance was set up specifically to watch a drug transaction and yet the police were unable to apprehend or even identify the dealer. Sounds like the American was set up to be busted.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

In the unlikely event that I ever owned a bar, I would introduce a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster!

(Could be interesting to speculate--footingly no doubt- on what it could contain.)

But that is off topic for this thread.

Despite the different accounts in the papers, it is obvious that he is screwed.

Whether that was his stupidity or a scam is another matter.

might be better off speculating on what it doesn't contain

JohnFromTexas

I'm with MrSuave, it sounds to me like the guy is most likely being set up. As for 'who walks around with two pot plants' exactly. Does that make sense to you? No, but it sounds an awful lot like the kind of set up that was put on that guy in angeles city looking to extort money from the guy because he was a successful businessman. Neither does 'the police received tips' part. The only way the cops got tips on the guy is if (and this part actually is possible) he was a douchebag who made himself enemies here. The average pinoy on the street does not care enough about whatever you are doing to involve the police unless you are causing problems in their world. The story sounds like a shakedown to me. It is one of the reasons I wouldn't want to run a business here - I don't want any higher of a profile (target on me) than my white skin gives me :D

As for smoking leaves, if you grow high enough quality stuff, you very well can smoke just leaves and get high, but it's not something any self respecting pothead would do other than as a last resort :tinkerbell: if you're going to buy it you wouldn't buy leaves though... and i'm certain whatever you can buy here wouldn't be high quality, although i wouldn't know as i'm not interested in finding out what jail time is like here (or anywhere really but especially here)

musicman666
mn_pot.jpg Edited by musicman666
Mailman

Setup as in targetting him specifically for commiting a crime? Or setup as in 'planting' the plants on him?

Forefall

Setup as in targetting him specifically for commiting a crime? Or setup as in 'planting' the plants on him?

Are you just assuming the story is infallible? As if everything the media puts out is true? This REEKS of set up. You don't need to have it explained to you. Read over the different stories again. :\

MrSuave

I think the setup was targeting him specifically to be arrested. The crime is 100% on him. I'm really curious as to why they didn't bust the dealer.

Mailman

Are you just assuming the story is infallible? As if everything the media puts out is true? This REEKS of set up. You don't need to have it explained to you. Read over the different stories again. :\

Those were questions for clarification, not assumptions. Lrn2read.

While I don't believe that everything in the papers is absolutely true, I also don't believe that everything in the papers is inherently false either. This applies regardless of geographical location.

I certainly don't believe that all foreigners here in the RP are model citizens.

So the questions remain... was he 'setup' as in he was singled out for a crime? Or was he 'setup' as in the whole ordeal is fictious?

Isn't him being 'setup' an assumption? ...unless you have firsthand information on this story. Please enlighten us. :drink:

thebob

Hitchhikers guide to the Universe, Douglas Adams.

Do I get a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster?

Oh, sorry... but that's not quite right. 'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy' is what we were looking for. How much did you wager? :drink:

Oops! I'll try not to panic!

Robert Tunnison

Hello everyone. I am the subject of this topic and I would like to point a couple things for the record. First of all, I was not carrying any plants down the road. That is some journalist's error that I have no control of. Secondly, I was not under surveillance, I was walking across a sky-walk with my wife and was approached by the pnp and asked to be search. I complied with that search and while being searched another officer picked something up from the sky-walk floor, opened it up and found a little marijuana in it. They then placed me under arrest for possession of the substance and I have since been treated like a criminal...

As for being setup, I have no clue. All I know is I now have several entities coming at me for money, it is effecting my business, and I am being prosecuted for someone else's junk and it does not come with a good feeling...

Robert Tunnison

loosehead

Welcome to the forum Robert. Good to hear your version of events. I hope you can sort out this problem and get on with your life.

musicman666

Hello everyone. I am the subject of this topic and I would like to point a couple things for the record. First of all, I was not carrying any plants down the road. That is some journalist's error that I have no control of. Secondly, I was not under surveillance, I was walking across a sky-walk with my wife and was approached by the pnp and asked to be search. I complied with that search and while being searched another officer picked something up from the sky-walk floor, opened it up and found a little marijuana in it. They then placed me under arrest for possession of the substance and I have since been treated like a criminal...

As for being setup, I have no clue. All I know is I now have several entities coming at me for money, it is effecting my business, and I am being prosecuted for someone else's junk and it does not come with a good feeling...

Robert Tunnison

well if you are the real deal ..then just report things as they happen.. the best defence against this sort of thing is to put the facts out there as you have done already.. criminals hate their dirty washing to be hung out in full public view.