American falls for buying marijuana

Mailman

American falls for buying marijuana

CEBU, Philippines - An American national was arrested after he was found buying two dried marijuana leaves from a still-unidentified seller in Barangay T. Padilla evening last Saturday.

The suspect was identified as Robert Michael Tunnison, 50, of Michigan, USA. He is temporarily residing at Ferlin Village in Barangay Guadalupe.

SPO1 Willard Selebio of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group said they placed Tunnison under surveillance after receiving reports that the American was buying marijuana in Barangay T. Padilla.

Around 8pm last Saturday, CIDG operatives led by Sr. Insp. Ricky Neon proceeded to New Road in Barangay T. Padilla and subsequently spotted Tunnison buying the marijuana leaves from an unknown seller.

The CIDG operatives swooped down on Tunnison just shortly after the sale was consummated, but the seller reportedly eluded arrest. They found the dried marijuana leaves wrapped in paper.

Tunnison is currently detained at the CIDG-7 detention cell awaiting the filing of formal charges against him.

In the above article, they say the man was specifically under surveillance by agents whereas the following article says it was entirely by chance that they caught him walking down the street with the plants.

American carrying marijuana plants arrested in Cebu

CEBU CITY, Philippines Police here arrested on Sunday an American national, who was casually walking on a downtown street in Cebu City while carrying stalks of marijuana.

Robert Tunnison, 50, was caught with two stalks of fully grown marijuana plants, and, on inspection, he was also found to be carrying a small bag of dried marijuana leaves wrapped in newspaper, said Superintendent Richie Posadas, deputy chief of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group in Central Visayas.

Posadas said Tunnison was arrested Sunday morning along New Road, Barangay T. Padilla, Cebu City by anti-drug agents.

A team led by Senior Inspector Ricky Neron chanced upon Tunnison while they were conducting surveillance after they received information about the rampant selling of marijuana and other illegal drugs in the area, said Posadas.

Tunnison is a native of Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA and has been residing at T. Padilla since he arrived in the province in June last year.

Posadas said the suspect later admitted to the police that he bought the marijuana stalks for P500 but claimed he could not identify who was the seller.

Tunnison, who is now held at the CIDG detention cell, refused to comment on his arrest when reporters tried to interview him.

Posadas said they would coordinate with the Bureau of Immigration on Tuesday to determine the residency status of Tunnison.

Drug charges, he said, will also be filed against Tunnison at the Cebu City prosecutors office.

In either case, it is pretty bold to be walking down the street with two plant stalks in hand! Toink!

Edited by Mailman
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mailman

• loosehead

• JohnFromTexas

• MattFromGA

Paul

The American's name rings a bell. But, I can't place him right off.

JohnFromTexas

I smell a fish.

Mailman

The American's name rings a bell. But, I can't place him right off.

A quick google of his name brings up a small call center business and several other investment opportunity requests there in Cebu.

RogerDuMond

I smell a fish.

That is what is cooking downstairs TexROFLMAO.gif .

Since he has business there he also knows of the customs there. For him to still actively look for dope then he is a dope.

Jess Bartone

Since he has business there he also knows of the customs there. For him to still actively look for dope then he is a dope.

Unless he was set up for some other indiscretion?

Mailman

Unless he was set up for some other indiscretion?

How would he have been set up for that?

"Excuse me, kind sir. My back is bad and my legs weak. Would you mind carrying these two large innocuous house plants to my nieces house down the street? Thank you."

"Ok, the kano's taken the bait! Get him, boys!"

Jess Bartone

How would he have been set up for that?

"Excuse me, kind sir. My back is bad and my legs weak. Would you mind carrying these two large innocuous house plants to my nieces house down the street? Thank you."

"Ok, the kano's taken the bait! Get him, boys!"

So you were there huh? Wasn't there an old guy in Manila, the one who set up the bowls and golf club, who got set up for shabu for being too successful?

Whatever, who gives a flyin' fat f*ck anyway?

Mailman

So you were there huh?

No, I wasn't... 'twas why I asked how he would have been set up (followed by the sarcatic scenario).

But since we are just speculating... maybe he really isn't a person at all but rather a hyperintelligent shade of color blue in a 'human' suit and the 'sting' was just of cover so the US government could get their hands on it for questioning and experimentation in the name of science and technological advancement?

**Bonus points for the literary reference.

musicman666

But since we are just speculating... maybe he really isn't a person at all but rather a hyperintelligent shade of color blue in a 'human' suit and the 'sting' was just of cover so the US government could get their hands on it for questioning and experimentation in the name of science and technological advancement?

hmmm... lets take another look at that first story again!

A_Simple_Man

"An American national was arrested after he was found buying two dried marijuana leaves"

Any good 'head' can tell you that marijuana, as a drug, usually comes in the form of dried flower bud. In fact the leaves of the male plant are totally useless and the leaves of the female plant are not much better . . but the bud . . mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

So the story sounds like the guy was set up as he does not seem to be a real marijuana user.

The Mason

So you were there huh?

No, I wasn't... 'twas why I asked how he would have been set up (followed by the sarcatic scenario).

That would be a Hooloovoo from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. How many points is it worth and who's keeping score?

Alan S
That would be a Hooloovoo from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Thank goodness there are some people here that appreciate that humour.

Meanwhile, the above should be a warning to everyone, dont even think about illegal drugs in the Philippines.

It isnt LA, or Canada!

thebob

So you were there huh?

Hitchhikers guide to the Universe, Douglas Adams.

Do I get a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster?