Start Business

Jess Bartone

Keep your sumo outfit handy, there could be a great demand.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DeezNuz

• fanboat

• D_D

• Jess Bartone

Top Posters In This Topic

easy44

Manufacture Rattan furniture..and export........Hi demand

Look at this web site called....Cali Bamboo

Tell that to all the furniture manufacturers that went out of business in this last recession. The furniture business is a tough very competitive business and you better really have your shit together if you plan to succeed. The Philippines is no longer the low cost center of furniture manufacturing in Asia. China has more or less taken all that away. The successful furniture companies in Cebu are now into higher end stuff. For that you need top notch designers creating fresh, unusual and beautiful designs.

Don't know if you meant to link the two together, but bamboo and rattan are two different things.

fanboat

Manufacture Rattan furniture..and export........Hi demand

Look at this web site called....Cali Bamboo

Tell that to all the furniture manufacturers that went out of business in this last recession. The furniture business is a tough very competitive business and you better really have your shit together if you plan to succeed. The Philippines is no longer the low cost center of furniture manufacturing in Asia. China has more or less taken all that away. The successful furniture companies in Cebu are now into higher end stuff. For that you need top notch designers creating fresh, unusual and beautiful designs.

Don't know if you meant to link the two together, but bamboo and rattan are two different things.

Yes I meant to link the 2 groups together.........We all cannot bow down to China.....Design is the name of the game....thisis why I want you to get some fresh ideas from the site I mentioned.......Each designer in the monthly contest is an individual is an independent designer.

prices in the phils are still competative with super store china...on a small custom scale.

If you start a Bikini Car Wash

Happy Day Car Wash started out with that concept. The Bikini Concept did'nt last long but they did well with their franchise business.

DeezNuz

Dammit...no used to start it now. I can't claim firsts.

DeezNuz

Just FYI...it's cheaper to get Rattan furniture from China.

This is why most of the furniture manufacturers in Cebu (the ones whos main lines were Rattan type) closed down. The ones surviving are those that progressed into more high-end home, restaurant and hotel quality furniture.

Yeah but maybe you can do the first bikini hotdog cart !

Athena

Yeah but maybe you can do the first bikini hotdog cart !

nah......... too greasy......... prefer the sumo wrestler ........... rofl.gif

Alan S

Interesting to see the comments about furniture/rattan/bamboo/etc.

In the early 90's I bought and imported to the UK, numerous container loads of such furniture and similar items.

At that time, it was worthwhile (and profitable), with a plentiful supply, from many manufacturers.

easy44

Just FYI...it's cheaper to get Rattan furniture from China.

This is why most of the furniture manufacturers in Cebu (the ones whos main lines were Rattan type) closed down. The ones surviving are those that progressed into more high-end home, restaurant and hotel quality furniture.

Yeah, that's what I said.

fanboat

I'll pay extra...if it is made anywhere other than china....hence mmade in the philippines works for me or Italian design works too