Start Business

Jess Bartone

Greetings Ben Dover, and welcome to the forums. I'm Philip McCrevice.

Do you know Phil McRackin ?

Know him? I had lunch with him.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DeezNuz

• fanboat

• D_D

• Jess Bartone

Top Posters In This Topic

Balintawak

I would suggest a restaurant franchise with proven success record and good backup. Start up is around 1 mill php.

I know one. Mail me for info if seriously interested.

I would suggest a restaurant franchise with proven success record and good backup. Start up is around 1 mill php.

I hope it is a Taco Bell, Since there are already a few in Manila, I hope Cebu is next.

mahogany

Ben, this will be very, very difficult. The problem is, that we usually cannot put ourselves into the position of the local nationals and thus do not know their needs and their financial capabilities; also, in that respect, our spouses are usually not very helpful either.

But if you just want to go ahead, start something, and do not care if your returns are negative - and do not need the cash to sustain yourself - meaning to say you are doing it for the fun of it, then give it a try...

But, I have not come across many foreigners over the years who have made it in that respect; some have done okay doing business in the expat/tourist market, but some have managed to lose by the millions.

m60man

Hello Ben Dover, Welcome. Oh but the way I know how you feel......my name is Dick Gozinya.

m60man

I hope it is a Taco Bell, Since there are already a few in Manila, I hope Cebu is next.

Funny you should say that, Taco Bell, I've been working on that for a year now. There are 3 in the Manila area. I worked for them for 10 years........big bucks for franchise......you got deep pocket, we can make a fortune.

Bob Ward

Funny you should say that, Taco Bell, I've been working on that for a year now. There are 3 in the Manila area. I worked for them for 10 years........big bucks for franchise......you got deep pocket, we can make a fortune.

Yes, but most of the big franchise chains are forced to agree to single, not corporate ownership, and obviously they have to be Filipino!

My deceased ex wife's boss in Florida built one from scratch. Paid his dues, did his training. Then less that 1 year later, Pepsico made a corporate decision to take back all franchises to the mother ship! They were paid a bit over value, but a pittance!

Edited by Bob Ward
Bet_Busta

One idea is tolook for products here and sell in your country.

There's agroup here working on virgin coconut oil.

Other products would be fashion accessories and furnitures.

How much is the franchise ?

How much is needed in total ?

How much business do the Taco Bells in MNL do ?

Bob Ward

How much is the franchise ?

How much is needed in total ?

How much business do the Taco Bells in MNL do ?

You may have to use that Contact Us button on their pitiful web site!

m60man

Yes, but most of the big franchise chains are forced to agree to single, not corporate ownership, and obviously they have to be Filipino!

My deceased ex wife's boss in Florida built one from scratch. Paid his dues, did his training. The less that 1 year later, Pepsico made a corporate decision to take back all franchises to the mother ship! They were paid a bit over value, but a pittance!

Pepsico is a giant thats for sure. They are bottom line oriented and don't take no for an answer. I have never seen them pull or buy back a franchise unless there was good reason. Usually it has to do with quality or menu deviations or a franchisee just wants out. It was my job for 10 years to fix their problem stores, turn them around and make them profitable. I worked for company stores mostly but did train some new franchisees and assisted them with new store openings from the construction phase through the grand opening. It takes more then money to get a franchise. There are lists of people with the start up capital that will never get a Taco Bell franchise. After the demographics and (site) location has been approved it is first offered to the franchisee in that territory. If they choose not to expand then it may be offered to another prospective franchisee. However, must franchisees choose to expand to some point due to an expansion clause built into their original franchise contract. Rarely do you ever find a franchisee with five years in the business that owns only one Taco Bell. If so, then you may see Pepsico buy back or pull his franchise because of a breach in the expansion clause. Taco Bell is one of the most profitable businesses Pepsico owns, usually second only to Frito Lay. Taco Bell is required to give Pepsico a profit projection a year in advance. They operate on thirteen 28 day periods a year. By period 9 if Taco Bell sees that it over projected its profit to Pepsico........they will start selling off the outlying units to franchisees to make up the dollars they are falling short. I have seen this time and time again. Granted there is a lot of money to be made with a Taco Bell Franchise. But always remember, Pepsico does not like to hear the word no......or I can't do that.

Jess Bartone

Hello Ben Dover, Welcome. Oh but the way I know how you feel......my name is Dick Gozinya.

Laugh my f*n arse off, you guys are crackin me up.

maccydee

that phil hangs around with a guy called ben doon so you got 2 jocks called ben doon & phil McRakin then then the irish counterparts patrick fitzgerald & gerald fitzpatrickgod i got 2 much time on my hands lol

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i knew i should of started a pool for how long before the fitzpatrick joke reared it's head

RogerDuMond

Aren't there already plenty of ways to get diarrhea in Cebu without a Taco Bell?