BigRob in another altercation.

Rob;

My manoldtimer.gif

Rob I am with you in principle but its not worth 6 months in a RP jail for that battery. If there is a silver lining in all this you can now tell your girl to listen to you more now.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DeezNuz

• broden

• smokey

• elBradford

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Markham

I empathise with you Rob and it's truly appalling that such businesses can get away with selling shoddy goods to those who can least afford it - by which I mean those who couldn't afford a real Nokia. I'd be willing to bet that when they told your girlfriend the phone comes with a week's warranty, they conveniently omitted to mention that the battery was excluded - or maybe they just invented that excuse when you went back there.

The fact that a new battery costs a mere Php150 is completely irrelevant: a battery is a necessary component to make the phone work, so a good one should have been supplied initially. Mind you, I'd rather doubt their replacement battery would have a charge-life of much longer as it's so cheap.

Mark

booger10

haha, I laughed so hard thinking of you scaring not only the clerks but he security guards.. ohh wow..yeah..when I was there I didn't have any problem but not there long enough. You have a lawyer on retainer? cool, how much, how long, and does it really benifit you? I would like to know more and I think others would too.. haha crazy foreigners... I think they see you coming now..

Bob Ward

The sad thing is that you had been given another battery, it would not have been much better than the old one. Cheap Chinese crap!

As far as ging them a piece of your mind, Rock on dude!!!

Paul

Robert, you are okay in my book. You speak your mind (here and in person), you don't blow smoke up other peoples asses, and you are - well, you are just a straight shooter. I respect that, and have since I have known you.

But, you, like me, are not a small guy. You and I both, are intimidating just to look at. (I get the same thing, a LOT.) Because of that, you scared the hell out of them.

Please remember that, in most cases (and I'm not making excuses for them here, it's just the way it is), and as in the case there, the employees are merely workers who have not had the worldly experience we have. They earn little for a 12 hour shift. And, they haven't been in the west and worked for a company where customer service is the basis on how a company is run.

I know, believe me, because it drives me crazy sometimes too. But, we choose to live here knowing, although not always understanding, the Filipino psyche is 180 degrees from ours. The only Filipinos we can really understand, are those who have been formally educated, have traveled around the world, and to almost any degree, have learned about other cultures themselves.

Here is an example, although it isn't the same type of situation you were in:

I went to get fuel in the car the other day. I stopped at the Caltex here in town and waited my turn. The attendant walked up and asked, "Would you like Gold or Silver, sir?" I replied, "I would like Php 500, Gold, please." He then replied, "I'm sorry, sir. We are out of Gold. Would you like Silver?" :biggrin_01:

So, all I can say here is, just try to be more patient with 'em, man.

Dragon

I do not see what loosing your cool accomplished. It pretty much ruined your day I bet. The store is still there and the same business practices are still in place. The employees are not obligated to give you the store manager or owners information. It is quite possible the next foreigner that loses their cool there will end up being shot by a terrified guard.

Turbota

The employees are not obligated to give you the store manager or owners information.

Yup ... I would bet the farm that those underpaid clerks working in most of these Filipino owned stores over here are told by the manager / owner never to give irate customers there phone number and never to get the manager involved with a customer relations problem ... for fear of being fired-out.

You could pull a gun on these clerks (robots), and they still won't get the manager involved ... even if the manager is in the other room.

"Customer Service" is not a trait this country is well known for ... never has been

So, why do owners and managers refuse to deal with customer complaints ?

Are they just cowards or what ?

I have also been in situations where I have asked to speak to the manager, and the employees have told me that the manager is not there while I have watched the manager try to sneak out the back door.

"1-week warranty" That sounds like a disposable item. Who was that crazy guy in the store?

Edited by Morey

"1-week warranty" That sounds like a disposable item. Who was that crazy guy in the store?

Well the easy way to get them to do what you want! Is make sure they give you a receipt , if it is not a official BIR receipt take it for sure as now you have a return easy hammer .You just tell them thru your girlfriend (so they understand for sure)you plain to report them to BIR and they will be hit with a 10,000 peso fine ,they usually will deal quick!!!

loosehead

Maybe it's only Australia, but the battery is never included in the guarantee Rob.

Not even in a brand new car.

KonC

That's not right Kenny. For both phones and cars in aussie the battery is included in the warranty.

Hilarious story. Everyone knows the rules about loosing your cool but sometimes you just gotta let it all out.

Edited by loosehead
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

no harm no foul this time around .. guess it was over all a stress reliever for you

KennyF

I went to get fuel in the car the other day. I stopped at the Caltex here in town and waited my turn. The attendant walked up and asked, "Would you like Gold or Silver, sir?" I replied, "I would like Php 500, Gold, please." He then replied, "I'm sorry, sir. We are out of Gold. Would you like Silver?" :search4:

So, all I can say here is, just try to be more patient with 'em, man.

Five of us went to El Geko a few years ago.

The girl serving at the bar handed us 5 menus and served us the drinks we ordered.

Then she stood in front of us with pad in hand.

After much to an fro we simply ordered 5 of the same thing (I forget what).

The girl said " sorry sir but the kitchen is closed for labor day"

Then why did you give us the menu?

"The boss says we have to sir".

OK. But miss, we can smell cooking.

"The cook is preparing the staffs evening meal sir"

Well maybe she could cook for us too?

"I;m sure she can sir, she's very nice".

And we got our meal.

Sounds crazy? Well, not to the waitress.

She was told to give us a menu so she did.

She was told to tell us that the kitchen was closed and she did.

There was food being cooked and we were hungry so she solved the whole thing in her own round about way.

Welcome to RP, you gotta love it, and I do.

KonC

KennyF

Maybe it's only Australia, but the battery is never included in the guarantee Rob.

Not even in a brand new car.

KonC

Kenny, so you're telling me your purchased a new car before with a battery problem and the dealer made you pay for the replacement? Damn, I feel sorry for you guys from Australia.

It's quite some time since I've lived in Australia Rob but the fact is, battery and tires are excluded from new car (and probably used car too) guarantee.

As an aside, at 2,100 I think you purchased a refurbished phone rather than a new one, not that it matters.

New E95 Chinaphones are around 3,000 new.

And as another aside, Posters keep talking about China crap.

They perhaps don't realize that as many as 90% of all genuine Nokia phones are made in China.

Just take out the battery and check out country of origin.

KonC