Usd/php Predictions

blaze pontaine

Jess Bartone

what's the cutoff date for making predictions, and what's for dinner?

In all fairness, the cut-off date would have to have passed... you're coming in 1 month before the end with all the latest info... the rest of us made these predictions 11 months ago.

PS when the "poll" was taken I was going (temporarily) under the name "Amping Kanunay"... my prediction was 48, so I'm well and truly out of the running.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blaze pontaine

• JohnFromTexas

• smokey

• TheMatrix

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a professional foreign currency trader, I can suggest the appreciation we are currently seeing with the Philippine Peso doesn't have much to do with American politics or the deprecation of the U.S.

47.50 this time next year. Possibly 50 or higher depending on what happens in November. My prediction is that the endless printing of money stops January when the democrats will no longer have anyth

I'll go with P33 to $1.00

mpt1947

In all fairness, the cut-off date would have to have passed... you're coming in 1 month before the end with all the latest info... the rest of us made these predictions 11 months ago.

PS when the "poll" was taken I was going (temporarily) under the name "Amping Kanunay"... my prediction was 48, so I'm well and truly out of the running.

At 40/1 in the next one month - I take myself out of the running as well - although I hope the guys who are predicting 70 and 100/1 are correct

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Can you imagine the anomosity towards Americans if our money suddenly increased in value almost 150%?

we would be able to afford it

rfm010

In all fairness, the cut-off date would have to have passed...

who said anything about fairness? there's a free dinner on the line here. :beatdeadhorse:

besides, i could make my prediction the day after the end date and i would still screw it up.

blaze pontaine

The cutoff date was May 1st 2010. Dozens of people have made predictions since then, everybody is more than welcome to state their prediction - they just won't be included in the contest. I will start another contest after the conclusion of this one.

On another note, I find it interesting that the two members that daytrade are the most accurate: Daz and SteveMatrix.

Edited by blaze pontaine
  • 5 weeks later...
blaze pontaine

A little over a year ago I challenged the members here to predict what the peso's value would be against the US dollar on May 1st 2011. 35 members guessed with another 20 guessing after the contest cutoff date - predictions ranged from 0.00 to 54.0.

When the contest began on April 30 2010 the peso was at 44.4 and it currently stands at 42.8 for a gain of 3.7% in value against the dollar. During these 12 months the peso fluctuated between 42.34 and 47.36.

The members with the most accurate predictions are:

1. SteveMatrix 42.5

2. daz 43.5

3. Cary 42.0

4. Blaze Pontaine 41.0

5. Ilpi 45.0

Steve Matrix is a professional currency trader and runs a website teaching people how to trade currency. Congratulations Steve, I owe u a dinner at Ayala Terraces for winning the contest.

There is a new contest with predictions for the Peso on May 1st 2012. Here's a scary thought, Steve predicts the peso to be at 36.0 this time next year, lets hope he's very wrong this year.

loosehead

Hang on wasn't it the $A for 30 June 2011 ?.

Well done SteveMatrix.

Ozepete

Hold the phone.... The rate is 43.17 and it isn't May 1st yet...... daz is looking like a hot favorite!

Cheers...

blaze pontaine

Hold the phone.... The rate is 43.17 and it isn't May 1st yet...... daz is looking like a hot favorite!

Cheers...

Not sure where you get your info from, but I mentioned several times that I will get the rate from google finance.

And yes, it is may 1st.

TheMatrix

A little over a year ago I challenged the members here to predict what the peso's value would be against the US dollar on May 1st 2011. 35 members guessed with another 20 guessing after the contest cutoff date - predictions ranged from 0.00 to 54.0.

When the contest began on April 30 2010 the peso was at 44.4 and it currently stands at 42.8 for a gain of 3.7% in value against the dollar. During these 12 months the peso fluctuated between 42.34 and 47.36.

The members with the most accurate predictions are:

1. SteveMatrix 42.5

2. daz 43.5

3. Cary 42.0

4. Blaze Pontaine 41.0

5. Ilpi 45.0

Steve Matrix is a professional currency trader and runs a website teaching people how to trade currency. Congratulations Steve, I owe u a dinner at Ayala Terraces for winning the contest.

There is a new contest with predictions for the Peso on May 1st 2012. Here's a scary thought, Steve predicts the peso to be at 36.0 this time next year, lets hope he's very wrong this year.

Thank you Blaze! It was a fun contest, but since I'm a professional, I must forfeit my prize to the next in line. I also think Daz #2 is also a currency trader! LOL Let's hope my prediction of 36 next year isn't so accurate, though we may definitely see 38. Cheers!

Ozepete

Not sure where you get your info from, but I mentioned several times that I will get the rate from google finance.

And yes, it is may 1st.

There was no mention in the original post of which rate provider was to be be used, so I assumed that the 'coinmill.com' rate, promoted and displayed daily on the LinC site, would be used.

This has the rate at 43.17 at the moment but as you say the google finance rate is quite different.

I have assumed wrongly and agree that your post (#36, and later) does mention using the google rate, so my apologies BP.

Cheers..

TheMatrix

The reality is, nobody can predict where a currency will be in a week's time, let alone a year's time. Who knows whether the US will continue with its quantitative easing measures. Or if the Chinese will "reprice" or float their currency...though I wouldn't hold your breadth on that one. One thing is pretty sure; these things tend to have a way of balancing themselves out. You can be certain that both the Chinese and US will not want the USD to "collapse".

Perhaps, but it's fun trying. =))