Sign in to follow this  
imtheredrum

Sos Need Help

imtheredrum

I am pretty basic guy and have no idea where to pick up a pm . even took me a while to figure out what it meant... if I have a mail box here I don't even no how to access the darn thing... my email is [email protected]

Thanks for all your help

Jeff and Ritz here...

Wanted to thank all that helped with prayer and some donations... and information...

I put up our house in Bohol as collateral and took a private loan... and with the prayers and donations that we received, we had JUST enough to get her prosthesis and she is in the OR as I write this note... her meds will run 6500 a week and of course we will still be presented the hospital bill. God has been good and he will help us find a way...

I would have posted earlier but Gingoog and the wonderful black outs have had the internets knickers in a twist and has been in and out the past two days...

God bless and thanks to all who helped... words alone can not express the heart felt thanks that we have for all of you...

Jeff and Ritz

I just sent you an pm jeff

imtheredrum

Just to let it be known, I have known Jeff through other Yahoo Groups we are on, together. I have met him and spent time talking with him in person.

I don't know if that will help, Jeff, but I at least I can be a character witness for you.

Seems quite a few members interested in helping Jeff, has anyone news where a donation can be made to? I think what we need is a bank account number if it is allowed to posted on here.

All the best Jeff and hope it works out for the best.

You can go on line to Xoom.com and deposit directly into Ritz's and My bankaccount...

The name of the bank isBDO (banco de oro) it is in the city of Gingoog

I have two accounts, oneis pesos and one is dollar you can send pesos.... xoom will convert the USDollars to Pesos...

They will require my nameand address:

Jeffrey Lynn Dodson

Pk1, Brgy23

Gingoog City, MisamisOriental

Mindanao 9014

Just in case my phonenumber if they ask is +0639266495454 from the US and 09266495450 locally

The Peso account numberis: 3140040533

Can't thank you enough...when I told my wife she started to cry over the phone... happy tears...

Jeff and Ritz

imtheredrum

And BTW, whatever happend to the thought somone had a few months ago of starting some kind of fund to be able to help folks in need like this.

From my months of reading I would think that most of the people living there on quite wealthy, while there are many like us who have enough to live fairly comfortably while being able to stick aside a little for emergency and to help others a little.

At any rate it is nice to see people responding to a need like this-it wouldnt take many giving just a little to make a HUGE difference.

I believe your referring to the Expats Mutual Assistance Fund I proposed last year. If you read that topic you might get some idea of the problems involved. This did not go ahead for various reasons, not least of which was the fulfilling the legal requirements of having a predominantly Filipino Board which didn't sit too well with some members.

Mark

Think I would have to volunteer Daisy and some of the ex-pats wife's to compose 60% of the board...

imtheredrum

I'll watch this thread and if a way comes up that a PayPal account can receive any donations, then I can do something.

I don't do XOOM.COM

Take care God be with you, Jeff and Ritz. You're going through extreme bad times

Fred

Thank you Fred... an ex-pat friend in Gingoog City owns a business and has extended his pay pal link... just mention Jeff and Ritz

here is the link... I hope it works... <br style="line-height: 1.22em; ">https://www. paypal.com/ cgi-bin/webscr? cmd=_s-xclick& hosted_button_ id=MC9QRL8EC9TLG <br style="line-height: 1.22em; ">

Thank you all for helping... I can't even begin to express how grateful we are to all of you here!!!

imtheredrum

I just edited Jeff's original post, adding his banking information for those concerned.

Clicky Clicky

Thanks for all your help Paul... what can I say buddy... just glad you all are here... it's good to know we're not alone in this world....

Jeff and Ritz

imtheredrum

This update is long overdue and the reason for it ... I inadvertently deleted my links to this group when I deleted a lot of other groups. Paul brought it to my attention that I had not given an update here. All the while as I was sending updates to my group list, I thought (my bad) that the updates were being posted here as they were on the other groups.

Ritz has been doing her Chemo for 5 months now. just this past few weeks we have picked her up in a sheet gurney and put her in a wheelchair. She can now sit up for about two hours and other than that she is still bed ridden since April. With the chemo, she has about 1 good week a month. Because of the advanced condition of her Multiple Myeloma the doctors don't want her to put full weight on the prothesis so the best we can hope for would be a walker by December.

In addition to the Chemo, she is eating guayabano fruit almost every day and drinking the tea from the leaf along with drinking NEEM tree leaf tea. Both of which have some scientific evidence of helping with stoping Cancers. We will have to do a serious evaluation of her Chemo as there is really no cure for her type of bone cancer and the chemo does cause Lukemia. Wow some trade off.

She hasn't lost her hair and on her good week she is real good. 90% of her bone pains are gone thank God. We believe we will beat the doctors estimate of one to two years... we pray every day for that...

Non of this would have been possible without the help of some of the members here... We are truely sorry that the updates that we were sending were not getting posted and I hope that Paul will post this...

Again thank you all and God bless you all

Jeff and Ritz